Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@lenquixote66Happy 79th Birthday!!!   💐😍 I hope you have a wonderful celebration with family and friends.  Enjoy and stay cool.  It's a hot one

Thanks Debbie.Although the party begins in 2 hours one of my granddogs sent me a Happy Birthday text and my other grand dog is sitting next to me right now .He,my daughter and my son in law who have a home in upstate NY came here yesterday.They had pastries sent from a bakery in California and we had a nice evening.

This morning I got a call from a good friend who I met in 1947.He lives in Oregon and never forgets my birthday .

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

@lenquixote66

Happy 79th birthday. Hope you have a great day with 79 of your closest friends and family.  

Hoping for good news when you visit your cardiologist tomorrow. 

Actually 104 people were invited but 25 could not make it,several due to having Covid and the others for various other reasons.When the number was 79 I thought that had a special meaning.A few days ago 3 people who previous said they could not attend are now coming.However,I am not adding 3 years to my age.

I got a Happy Birthday e-mail this morning from my Cardiologist and another one of my doctors.

Thank you so very much for your birthday wishes,your good wishes about my health and most of all for being a very nice person.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

I would like to thank all those who sent us good wishes for our anniversary. 

We are looking forward to celebrating our 40th next year- maybe with a cruise !

MJ🙋🏻

We cruised for our 50th,55th and my wife’s 30th.birthday and my 70th.birthday.

If I make it to 80 it might be a cruise.

I hope you are enjoying your anniversary weekend.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks Debbie.Although the party begins in 2 hours one of my granddogs sent me a Happy Birthday text and my other grand dog is sitting next to me right now .He,my daughter and my son in law who have a home in upstate NY came here yesterday.They had pastries sent from a bakery in California and we had a nice evening.

This morning I got a call from a good friend who I met in 1947.He lives in Oregon and never forgets my birthday .

Excellent.   Enjoy to the fullest💕

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

Our neighbors' cats always sit under our birdfeeder, making chirping noises and expectantly waiting....like they are going to fall out of the sky or something. :classic_biggrin:

That's so crazy.  We have birds in our yard who sound like cats!!!  Who knew??😁

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

62°F and sunny here.

We are going to church later.

I hope everyone is well and have a nice day.

Good afternoon, Graham.  It's another scorcher here today.  94 degrees.  I'm waiting until around 4:00 to go into our pool today.

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

We have a wasps nest in our garage, if you zoom in the pattern marking on the nest is remarkable 

20220723_140916.thumb.jpg.3636f2f4f08962f5f183efc53a0bf780.jpg

Interesting.  Beautiful, although I for one, wouldn't want it anywhere near me!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

In the evening, we were in Sharon, PA for their Waterfire festival.  I believe they are the only place, other than Providence, RI, licensed for this festival.  

The river has several baskets anchored to the stream bed

4F594070-BEC7-4440-8E86-6B65F01EDACD.thumb.jpeg.9acba1048f7cdfbf13a858d943cbaea9.jpeg

What is better than a free festival?  A good Beatles tribute band to enjoy while you eat. 

759F823A-F80B-4DEE-982D-FD604F42CC22.thumb.jpeg.ba4436fc8b2e6370e60304ba59e9dd1f.jpeg

What a fun day!  I would love to see a Waterfire Festival.  What time did they light the baskets?  Do they wait until it gets dark outside?

Can't go wrong with a Beatles Tribute band!

(I wish I had half the energy you and Susan have)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We cruised for our 50th,55th and my wife’s 30th.birthday and my 70th.birthday.

If I make it to 80 it might be a cruise.

I hope you are enjoying your anniversary weekend.

Happy Birthday Lenny.  I know you will have a wonderful and memorable day today with your family and many friends to help you celebrate.

Keep on walking around your neighborhood with your walker, and you just may be celebrating your 80th while on a Cruise.  Mazel Tov, Lenny!❤️

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Lionesss said:

No Buffalo Trace. (😔).

But I got some Captains Spice Rum 100 since it is hard to get here. 

Of course the crown section had slim Pickens. 

So as I was paying my bill I go to the cashier how I was hoping to get Peach Crown. But I see the shelf is empty. 

Anytime our store gets Buffalo Trace it's gone within minutes.

I need to try the Peach Crown. I've tried the Apple and did not care for it.

20 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog I found a way to access the Hungry Network.  They go through a group called XUMO.  Xumo has an app you can download and watch shows for free.  It has 11 food channels.   One is Hungry.   You can watch it live or they have several  series you can choose to watch.  There is a Huge selection of a large variety of programs and movies.  I have just started to use it but I think I will like it.  It's a bit of a challenge to get around on it but may get better as I continue to use it.  

I just noticed they have Jamie Oliver on there too.  Jamie's. 

Thank you.  I downloaded the app and looked through the shows on the Hungry Channel but did not find the particular show on cocktails.

19 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sea DogCant wait to see pictures of this fabulous dinner you’re preparing.  

I'm such an idiot ! In all my haste to attend to my guests and make sure the food was ready and making cocktails, I did not take any photos. Darn it ! I will recap. 

6 of us in total. two were coworkers I worked with longtime reporters. We started with cocktails. The ladies had Passion Aperol Spritz's while the guys had Old Fashioned's. I made the Sea Dog Old fashioned which they loved. Then we had Vieux Carre's.

Dinner turned out better than I expected with Filet Mignon, Twice Baked Potatoes, Bacon wrapped Asparagus, with a Greek Orzo Salad and Caprese Salad. 

We then decided to wait a little for desert so we did a bourbon tasting with local bourbon from Ben Holladay from Weston, MO and from Iowa where by two coworkers are from Slipknot's Anniversary Edition Bourbon from Cedar Ridge. Then we tasted the pride of Kentucky with E.H Taylor Small Batch and finally Rip Van Winkle 10 Yr.

Then it was time for desert with a chocolate bomb cake that has layers of chocolate mousse and chocolate ganache with a chocolate martini.

It was a great time with great friends and the food turned out great. I'm so sorry I did not take pictures. I focused on my guests to make sure they were having a good time. Today I'm wiped out. I'm exhausted from cooking all day yesterday and cleaning. Good news is that I still have some extra twice baked potatoes and the bomb cake to eat as leftovers.

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My friend Ginny update:

Her hip is fractured, not broken, and the orthopedist will not operate because he doesn’t think she’d survive general anesthesia. 
She will be 4 weeks in a nursing home and then 4 more in rehab. 

Mimi so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she will get better through rehab. 

17 hours ago, MJSailors said:

I will add that today is our 39th wedding anniversary. As a friend texted us today- “Where did the time go?

This is us! MJ🙋🏻and hubby 👨🏻‍🦳

50191FC3-B9AA-43CD-8C73-E1D6DFC17D33.jpeg

Happy Anniversary! I love the pic of you two. You look beautiful.

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

DW loves Christmas shows / movies / cartoons as much as @Sea Dog loves Christmas music. 

Probably seen all the classics half a dozen times a year for the past 30 years. I think I can quote all the lines verbatim. 

Since I celebrate Christmas in July, I watch some of new Hallmark Christmas movies as well as work on my Christmas music compilation that I make every year for friends at Christmas time. I'll make sure to post a link as it gets near the holidays for people to download and listen to some great Christmas music they may of not heard before.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Although the party begins in 2 hours one of my granddogs sent me a Happy Birthday text and my other grand dog is sitting next to me right now .He,my daughter and my son in law who have a home in upstate NY came here yesterday.They had pastries sent from a bakery in California and we had a nice evening.

Happiest of Birthdays wished to you Lenny today! Cheers!!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@BonTexasNY

Bonnie, so glad you're on the mend.

What about your place of work? Did you loose it? 😘

Unfortunately, I didn't work long enough for them to keep my job open for at least 3 months or even hire a temp.  My boss said she was sorry but I should call when I'm able to return so who knows.  

15 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Good afternoon, Graham.  It's another scorcher here today.  94 degrees.  I'm waiting until around 4:00 to go into our pool today.

Interesting.  Beautiful, although I for one, wouldn't want it anywhere near me!

We in Texas, at least where I live, call 94 degrees a cool front.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

We have a wasps nest in our garage, if you zoom in the pattern marking on the nest is remarkable 

20220723_140916.thumb.jpg.3636f2f4f08962f5f183efc53a0bf780.jpg

That is amazing! 
I, and probably everyone I know, have only seen them from a safe distance. 
How marvelous nature is!

• Thanks 1