Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Here is Lisa’s recipe card for it. She thoroughly bathes them in the melted garlic butter during the cooking process.  I dip them in sour cream, but I’m the only one who does that.  

image.thumb.jpg.6a79afcd20081d34727eeb10b6feb331.jpg

She places the potato on 2 wooden spoon handles while slicing them thinly, so you don’t cut through them. Call it a kitchen hack. She does use a cutting board, this is just my static display. 

image.thumb.jpg.51ae2f81f71b4661e0cc8fc5610747d8.jpg

Thank you, Andrew for the tutorial, and thank you, Lisa, for your recipe!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Very clever!  They look delicious I would also dip in sour cream.

Lots of recipes online for Hasselback potatoes. 
The difference is whether you stuff something in before you bake them…like garlic cloves, which I’ve done, or butter and chives.
The wooden spoons keeping you from slicing all the way through are necessary. Trust me!

They’re easy and they’re good. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Happy Friday everyone  - having a drink in honor of my friend (and barber) who passed away yesterday way too soon.  Viewing was today.    About 2 years ago he went to ER with extreme headache pains and left being diagnosed with brain cancer and  maybe 1 year to live.  He fought for 2 years and got to take his wife and 3 kids to Disney and to the beach one last time.  45 years old.  Harsh reminder of how fragile life is.  Please join me in a toast to Matt.  Cheers!  🍻🍻

70A2C703-C1A3-4037-8C49-6AAD661B531E.thumb.jpeg.bd0dd33897fc466af69cd1d9f96bf2a2.jpeg

Sorry to hear about your friend Matt.    May he Rest in Peace.    Cheers!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, QueSeraSera said:

Granddaughter's birthday tomorrow.  Plan is for wife and I to take her to the mall to pick out her gift.

What could possibly go wrong?

Happy Birthday to your Granddaughter.    Good luck at the mall😄

How old will she be?    

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I didn't realize I recorded in 4k!  I just downsized it.  Try it and let me know if it works now.  I was wondering why it took so long to upload the first time.  I thought it was because I was in the garden. 

This worked for me.     She is so precious😄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I didn't realize I recorded in 4k!  I just downsized it.  Try it and let me know if it works now.  I was wondering why it took so long to upload the first time.  I thought it was because I was in the garden. 

Oh it worked and I loved it!  Your grandchildren are all so very cute and they always have pretty cool outfits on.  The driver’s dimples and eyes are extra special.

So nice they came to help you with the garden and got it all done before the rain. 

Thank you for sharing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Lots of recipes online for Hasselback potatoes. 
The difference is whether you stuff something in before you bake them…like garlic cloves, which I’ve done, or butter and chives.
The wooden spoons keeping you from slicing all the way through are necessary. Trust me!

They’re easy and they’re good. 

Thanks, Garlic would be so yummy too. I think I’m going to be making them tomorrow.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Granddaughter's birthday tomorrow.  Plan is for wife and I to take her to the mall to pick out her gift.

What could possibly go wrong?

I guess it depends on her age!!!😁

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter tomorrow!  Enjoy your day together!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

He is back 😊 !  After 4 weeks of ill health, DH is again in his natural habitat - the kitchen 😉

Prepping the ingredients for the ramen (hand made noodles, forgot the eggs....)

image.thumb.jpeg.1182f2ac3fe99796b9e423d5fb8ee5e9.jpeg

and the end result, oh, so tasty.

image.thumb.jpeg.e8e0e926676fdeb0a5727390befa096a.jpeg

Very happy to hear this and his Ramen looks delicious!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

He is back 😊 !  After 4 weeks of ill health, DH is again in his natural habitat - the kitchen 😉

Prepping the ingredients for the ramen (hand made noodles, forgot the eggs....)

image.thumb.jpeg.1182f2ac3fe99796b9e423d5fb8ee5e9.jpeg

and the end result, oh, so tasty.

image.thumb.jpeg.e8e0e926676fdeb0a5727390befa096a.jpeg

So glad to see DH is well enough to be back in the kitchen & serving up such delish dishes again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CrzLvr2 said:

It was about 20°cooler here, too, but still nice and warm for April in RI!

The little beach a couple of miles away from me had only two people on it around noontime, but we didn’t have any fog. It may have “burned off” by then?

BAE61412-9416-457A-A4F0-40749BBEE370.thumb.jpeg.696879262b0eac1d1981c2ada76496f6.jpeg
Looking northeast

190E6B98-28E2-4304-8710-249C96F1363B.thumb.jpeg.50e32ab3d17a61078cfc8f427abd1d71.jpegLooking southeast

That looks lovely 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone here make Hasselback chicken with chicken breasts? Alternative filling of sliced breasts  with tomato strips in oil, zucchini slices, thin sliced red onions & roasted capsicum top with mozzarella and bake.  If you do a similar recipe, what sauce do you use?  The recipe I use doesn’t have a sauce but i think it’s needed.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Does anyone here make Hasselback chicken with chicken breasts? Alternative filling of sliced breasts  with tomato strips in oil, zucchini slices, thin sliced red onions & roasted capsicum top with mozzarella and bake.  If you do a similar recipe, what sauce do you use?  The recipe I use doesn’t have a sauce but i think it’s needed.  

Haven't done that but will.  Some really good.  A spice I was recently introduced to is za'atar, think that would go good on there.

• Like 1

Being a retired health care provider I will defend the quality and practice of care that was delivered by the hospital I worked at for over 40 years, and who by the way has achieved excellent ratings in almost all specialties by credentialing agencies.

That being said, I just experienced first hand the Control of patient care dictated by Insurance Companies.

My brother called on Monday, when I was out of town and told me he broke his ankle, and asked if I could take him to the ER. (He did not know I was not home)

Of course the private person that he is, I never got the details of the injury, but it must have been a good one.

So, he called his best friend and off they went.

He was triaged, and they immobilized his ankle.

Took him to x ray, took films, then back to ER to be discharged.

He goes, the report must show no fracture.

The nurse goes, it has not been read, you go home we will call you if you need followup.

My brother goes, so if it is broken and I have to come back for a cast or whatever that is another ER visit.............she goes, yes it is, and a new billing with co-pay.

He goes that was the quickest visit on record, and the call came 3 hours later that it was not a fracture.

But, I was so taken aback on how this was managed.

Is this the new trend on how medical care has to get reimbursement at the patients cash expense.

But I must continue.

The DH boss, woke up with sever ankle pain, and went to another facility closer to home and the same thing happened. Only he was not so lucky.  They told him the xrays showed something, not a fracture  and he needed a Cat scan and possibly an MRI, so to come back.  Being the cantankerous man that he is, and quite upset because of the pain, he said he will go outpatient and get them done tomorrow, so just put the orders in the computer.  They did.

He avoided a return ER fee, but was charged a hospital consultation fee because he was on the phone for over 7 min.  (about 3 of those were on hold).

What is health care coming too.

Be safe

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Being a retired health care provider I will defend the quality and practice of care that was delivered by the hospital I worked at for over 40 years, and who by the way has achieved excellent ratings in almost all specialties by credentialing agencies.

That being said, I just experienced first hand the Control of patient care dictated by Insurance Companies.

My brother called on Monday, when I was out of town and told me he broke his ankle, and asked if I could take him to the ER. (He did not know I was not home)

Of course the private person that he is, I never got the details of the injury, but it must have been a good one.

So, he called his best friend and off they went.

He was triaged, and they immobilized his ankle.

Took him to x ray, took films, then back to ER to be discharged.

He goes, the report must show no fracture.

The nurse goes, it has not been read, you go home we will call you if you need followup.

My brother goes, so if it is broken and I have to come back for a cast or whatever that is another ER visit.............she goes, yes it is, and a new billing with co-pay.

He goes that was the quickest visit on record, and the call came 3 hours later that it was not a fracture.

But, I was so taken aback on how this was managed.

Is this the new trend on how medical care has to get reimbursement at the patients cash expense.

But I must continue.

The DH boss, woke up with sever ankle pain, and went to another facility closer to home and the same thing happened. Only he was not so lucky.  They told him the xrays showed something, not a fracture  and he needed a Cat scan and possibly an MRI, so to come back.  Being the cantankerous man that he is, and quite upset because of the pain, he said he will go outpatient and get them done tomorrow, so just put the orders in the computer.  They did.

He avoided a return ER fee, but was charged a hospital consultation fee because he was on the phone for over 7 min.  (about 3 of those were on hold).

What is health care coming too.

Be safe

That doesn't sound good.   Sending him home without knowing could of caused more problems. 

• Like 3