Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Yikes,

Oh, I would have done it differently. Run and then scream and jump. 

Those kids must of had a field day with that name. 🤣

I would think so.I wonder why her husband never changed his name.His first name begins with the letter B .

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We're having ribs tonight. They take about an hour on the BBQ. We have a Weber Genesis. And we use Chaka MMM sauce on ribs and some other meats. https://chakasmmm.com/ Very tasty, and no sugars or oils so it doesn't caramelize and doesn't burn on the meat. :classic_biggrin: Tater tots on the side and DH is having potato salad.  :classic_biggrin:

Ribs in an hour?  That’s not low an slow. 

It is about $6 or 7 a bottle for a big one in my grocery store.  It is amazing how much Amazon makes distributing it for the yokels who make it.  The pictures are all of small bottles.

You want the original.

It is good on any meat.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, xpcdoojk said:

It is about $6 or 7 a bottle for a big one in my grocery store.  It is amazing how much Amazon makes distributing it for the yokels who make it.  The pictures are all of small bottles.

You want the original.

It is good on any meat.  

I think that’s a pack of 6. 20oz each. 

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Nope. Baby back ribs, half slab. Not smoked or anything fancy, just barbecued. :classic_biggrin:

You really should try the in a sous vide, or at least in a BBQ smoker.  So much better.

Although, I personally, have never met a bad baby back rib.

Where is John and his McRib, which should be eligible for prison time eating those monstrosities.

• Haha 1

I think Sous Vide must be primarily a guy thing. (pardon my sexist language) The male members seem to be enamored with them. Some of us that have to cook meals regularly, really feel no need to plan that far ahead for dinner or cook anything for that long, have the additional prep work or more pots and appliances to clean. Besides purchasing additional specialty appliances and a vacuum sealer and vacuum bags. That's okay.  :classic_biggrin:

But I am sincerely glad that those of you that have a Sous Vide and associated accessories, enjoy it and get a lot of use out of it. :classic_biggrin: But it is not really our thing. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Passover eve....

Home made gefilte fish 😁

20210327_184516.jpg

Is it a whole year since I learned here about Gefilte fish and I had a go??   It must be.  I thought that they were really nice and mean to make them again.  I need to go looking for some fish.  

6 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

If you find the right sauce it can be worth it to make it. We usually stick with Sweet Baby Ray's honey chipotle. And it goes on toward the end of the cook so it will get sticky and not burn.

I started doing some homemade sauces and it made me discover just how much sugar goes in the manufactured ones.  

The motivation was to clear out my store cupboard a little.  I just want the basic ingredients which I can put together for a variety of different sauces.  It has the benefit of me not having to keep remembering to buy them.  

BBQ, teriyaki, stirfry sauce - all really easy to make and at least you know what is in them.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Haven’t posted for a few days. Last Sunday we put out the front porch furniture. 

Didn’t take Lucy long to find it. In fact Friday she slept in it from 9am to 3:30pm. 

869DB30C-00A9-43F0-8CF7-3336B300C4E8.thumb.jpeg.3ee9bcad1e975dab60a80ff2835cfa15.jpeg

A couple days later. 

F695E438-5124-4DD1-BC63-A0672B976285.thumb.jpeg.357fe3db2f940951d2f498bd5cc331db.jpeg

Fabulous porch 

Lucy looks sweet as always.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I started doing some homemade sauces and it made me discover just how much sugar goes in the manufactured ones.  

The motivation was to clear out my store cupboard a little.  I just want the basic ingredients which I can put together for a variety of different sauces.  It has the benefit of me not having to keep remembering to buy them.  

BBQ, teriyaki, stirfry sauce - all really easy to make and at least you know what is in them.  

Yup there's a lot of sugar. That's what makes it so yummy. I think you just have to be careful of what kind of sugar is used. So many opinions on appropriate sugars.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Are they all for next year Graham? Or have you been tempted with one of the local around UK cruises this Summer? 

1 this autumn P&O staycation 2 RCG next year and 1 RCG 2023.

There is talk of Disney doing a staycation from Newcastle so we are waiting for details for that.

Have you anything booked yet Sue?.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

It is Palm Sunday so we have been to church.

It is 52°F but raining now.

We have our McDonald's breakfast cheese and bacon flatbreads and toasted muffins along with a coffee and hot chocolate and are looking out to sea sitting in our car 

IMG_20210328_113305.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

I think Sous Vide must be primarily a guy thing. (pardon my sexist language) The male members seem to be enamored with them. Some of us that have to cook meals regularly, really feel no need to plan that far ahead for dinner or cook anything for that long, have the additional prep work or more pots and appliances to clean. Besides purchasing additional specialty appliances and a vacuum sealer and vacuum bags. That's okay.  :classic_biggrin:

But I am sincerely glad that those of you that have a Sous Vide and associated accessories, enjoy it and get a lot of use out of it. :classic_biggrin: But it is not really our thing. 

It’s different, that’s for sure. Certain meats are really good SousVide. It’s great for lamb racks, leg, and pork tenderloin.  Ribs were good but I prefer  the 3-2-1 on the BGE low an slow. 

M8

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope everyone likes this.

It’s nice you Brits can openly joke about that situation but here in the US it would be cancelled. Something like this likely not to “meet community standards “ on most other social media platforms. 

I must say I love it. Thanks

M8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s nice you Brits can openly joke about that situation but here in the US it would be cancelled. Something like this likely not to “meet community standards “ on most other social media platforms. 

I must say I love it. Thanks

M8

Thanks Rory.

It is harmless fun and a great tune too.

The actors look very much like our Royal family who we love.

• Like 3