Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Maryann.

Truth to be told, I'm barely hanging in there. I have a recurrent nightmare of finding myself buried alive under our building rubble after a missile attack.

I think that if a war starts in the north, this will be the first time I'll be trying to run for our lives, assuming there will be flights, either to our son in Holland (our in laws are thinking along those lines too, so it might be a bit crowded...) or to my cousin in Germany...😢😢

Dani, I have no words suitable for this. Just (( )), 🙏, 😢.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

14 long months later, finally in the process of moving back home. 

Reading this thread makes me doubly appreciative of how lucky we were/are, and that in the great scheme of things, having to live a few blocks away for a year isn’t so bad.

IMG_4792.thumb.jpeg.c0b332575476cf4babe12114a0fb0605.jpeg

The house looks great! Where does the door next to the refrigerator go? Is it a pantry or closet? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I bet they would have fun!  They loved Disney.   They like Lakeside Ohio too.  Maybe someday they all go to Cedar Point together!

Here's a pic of them from Father's day.   Finnley is about Kenzie's size!  Finnley is 22 months, Kenzie 23 months older!  Crazy

image.thumb.png.335b7f59e7dbfb89fee2a131e462848c.png

Just a beautiful family John!

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

@dani negreanu Dani, here's hoping things don't get worse up North or anywhere for that matter.  

If I may:  Please everyone, don't feel guilty posting happy times in here. They are far from insignificant.  I think Dani appreciates the short moments when she can take her mind off of her reality.  She has stated as such on more than one occasion.  Dani, our hearts are with you. 

Carry on, all!

Well said Bonnie. 

58 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Reading this thread makes me doubly appreciative of how lucky we were/are, and that in the great scheme of things, having to live a few blocks away for a year isn’t so bad.

IMG_4792.thumb.jpeg.c0b332575476cf4babe12114a0fb0605.jpegIMG_4791.thumb.jpeg.b95be092a64c0fafe6b7ac5184f788ae.jpegIMG_4793.thumb.jpeg.84c79ad3cf376ed6fea8f2e2cad60f27.jpeg

it looks great Larry! I love the blue accent walls. 

46 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

The Safeway just up the street from work gets two or three once or twice a month.  Figured out that they get their liquor shipment on Mondays, and stock their shelves Tuesday morning sometime, so I’ll go up around lunch and if there’s one on the shelf I’ll grab it.  If there’s more than one I’ll leave the other(s) for the next lucky person. One of my weekly sippers along with Rare Breed.

Looking at the pic it became obvious I need to open more of them!  A lot have been sitting in boxes for the year.

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Seems like your Safeway gets more than my stores in the area.

Y’all are lucky your grocery stores sell alcohol. No such luck here in RI, not even beer or wine. It’s a real PITA. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The squirt bottle does work. We even use it on Lizzy when she starts barking a lot. We now just pick up the squirt bottle and point it at her and she stops.

I don’t have any experience with cats but I’ve used the squirt bottle thing for dogs.  Worked on some and not on others.

Another trick is to put some rocks or something in a can and shake it loudly to distract/deter unwanted behaviors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I read Dani’s post just prior to going to PT.  Since I must assume the therapist is not a masochist I’m assuming he’s helping me.  However, I lumbered in on my boot…and when I got home I couldn’t walk…back to the wheelchair.  I’m hoping this will get better either by this evening or at least tomorrow.

But to put it in perspective…this is a temporary, solvable issue.

Have you talked it over with your therapist?  I had three months of PT earlier this year and my PT would adjust and eliminate certain things, temporarily, until I could tolerate the exercise or stretch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

IMG_4793.thumb.jpeg.84c79ad3cf376ed6fea8f2e2cad60f27.jpeg

Love it!  I need something like that for my collection.  I am getting a bit crowded in my current space.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Y’all are lucky your grocery stores sell alcohol. No such luck here in RI, not even beer or wine. It’s a real PITA

Wow I did not know that. Yes that would be a PITA. My grocery store has a great liquor department.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

House looks great and your collection even better. You did well with all those Eagle Rare and Blanton’s. I need to score some more ER.

Same - I love ER (at MSRP).  Can’t beat it for $40 ish.  Rumor had it that it was on the shelf in Ohio some places which is only about 40 min from me.  I doubt it will hang around long enough for me to snag any though.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Coralc said:

The house looks great! Where does the door next to the refrigerator go? Is it a pantry or closet? 

Yes, that’s the kitchen pantry.  One of the little things we’ll miss after the rental…this pantry is about half the size of the rental house pantry, and the other one being the master had two closets.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Same - I love ER (at MSRP).  Can’t beat it for $40 ish.  Rumor had it that it was on the shelf in Ohio some places which is only about 40 min from me.  I doubt it will hang around long enough for me to snag any though.

Yeah I just got tired of chasing. There are too many other people doing it. If I happen to see a unicorn I will get it but I am not going to drive all around town like some people do looking for stuff.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow I did not know that. Yes that would be a PITA. My grocery store has a great liquor department.

Not sure how it is now…one of the things I found funny moving to KC 30 years ago was that it was dry on Sundays…I’d go into the market and they’d have big tarps over the alcohol….not only couldn’t you buy it on Sundays, apparently it was too much to even be able to look at it🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, Husky1987 said:

Not sure how it is now…one of the things I found funny moving to KC 30 years ago was that it was dry on Sundays…I’d go into the market and they’d have big tarps over the alcohol….not only couldn’t you buy it on Sundays, apparently it was too much to even be able to look at it🤣

I remember that. Luckily they changed the law many years ago. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yeah I just got tired of chasing. There are too many other people doing it. If I happen to see a unicorn I will get it but I am not going to drive all around town like some people do looking for stuff.

That’s exactly what it is here…$40.  

I’mwith you Greg on the chasing.  I’ll buy my allocated stuff through my bourbon group on the other site but I have no interest in getting in my car on Saturday mornings and driving around from store to store looking for bottles.

• Like 1

Just now, Husky1987 said:

but I have no interest in getting in my car on Saturday mornings and driving around from store to store looking for bottles.

There are too many good bourbons you can get anytime than to chase. Rare Breed for example. Great bourbon that is always stocked everywhere. I find it interesting that it is most of the Buffalo Trace stuff that is hard to find. Makers and Wild Turkey don’t seem to have a problem keeping stores stocked.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Have you talked it over with your therapist?  I had three months of PT earlier this year and my PT would adjust and eliminate certain things, temporarily, until I could tolerate the exercise or stretch.

I mentioned today that it really hurt after last Friday.  He said that since I am now full weight bearing (with the boot) that would account for the pain.  Today is the first time I ever came home and couldn’t walk…will definitely mention that on Friday.  After some time on the sofa, cats in lap and a strong margarita…I can walk again.  Glad I didn’t have plans for the evening.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

That’s exactly what it is here…$40.  

I’mwith you Greg on the chasing.  I’ll buy my allocated stuff through my bourbon group on the other site but I have no interest in getting in my car on Saturday mornings and driving around from store to store looking for bottles.

Nope I don’t do that either.  Too much work.  I mostly check the website and call if there is something showing I like or really want to try.  Plus so many great distillers will ship with no hassle at all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I mentioned today that it really hurt after last Friday.  He said that since I am now full weight bearing (with the boot) that would account for the pain.  Today is the first time I ever came home and couldn’t walk…will definitely mention that on Friday.  After some time on the sofa, cats in lap and a strong margarita…I can walk again.  Glad I didn’t have plans for the evening.

Hang in there, I hope you start seeing some progress soon. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Yes, that’s the kitchen pantry.  One of the little things we’ll miss after the rental…this pantry is about half the size of the rental house pantry, and the other one being the master had two closets.

It looks amazing! I love having a walk in pantry. There is one of those shelved pantries at the other house, but it is down the hall. 

• Like 3

@dani negreanu  When I read your recent post my heart just sank.  If you get the chance to go somewhere safer I pray that you do.  Thanks for popping in to let us know you are okay.  ❤️

@Husky1987  The kitchen looks wonderful Larry and Andi!!!  I know you will be so glad to be back for good.

@BonTexasNY Bonnie, you always say the right thing!

@Sea Dog  Greg your party looked amazing and I am not at all surprised.  

Sorry I was gone for a couple of days to a wedding weekend and I got very behind!🤣

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just a beautiful evening here in Southern RI. It would be even better if @Sea Dogshowed up with a pitcher of anything.

20240702_191055.thumb.jpg.6a7298436757da18add54a4d3c5c5d4d.jpg

20240702_190818.thumb.jpg.be8732e409eac6428e7d6c1e4090c645.jpg

Hmmmm. A Bella group summer gathering in RI??? Drivable for many here. Those that are wanting to visit NYC, it’s only a 2 hour train ride from here.  Boston only an hour away.  

• Like 9