Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

You aren't kidding about the over flowing meet and greet!  Everyone was lovely and so friendly.

We were not aware of the conference room set up to call home🤔  I just remember that we couldn't contact any of our 3 daughters, one on Staten Island (they also didn't have any power), one in New Jersey, and one in Connecticut.  Our traveling buddies were able to contact their daughter, though.

I can't wait to see you in person, Arzeena!  Debbie, too, since the 3 of us never did get together before you moved to Florida.

I can't wait either!🥰

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

I'm a longtime occasional poster on the Friends of Bella thread. I see it has moved on and most everyone is posting here I hope you don't mind.  We probably won't cruise anymore due to my DH's health condition but I miss reading about it and everyone else's cruises.

It's hot here in Michigan now and we are supposed to get torrential rain and flooding tonight from Beryl. We have a small creek at the back of our property I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't get too close to our house.

I went from a S10 to a new S23+ in January and I love it.

I love everyone's pictures of cruises, land vacations, kids, dogs, cats and whatever. 

Welcome to our thread, Lorey!  I do hope your small creek doesn't get close to your home.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I can give you a first hand look in this many days. 

IMG_1773.thumb.jpeg.e2a22b98c537e85dbcd2b211d29e7502.jpeg

Counting on that! Love reading your trip reports!
 I will only see her from outside while docked at Nassau.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

The sun setting last night close to midnight.

IMG_5496.thumb.jpeg.b75f65be4c5c02d88266ddb447a534dd.jpeg

IMG_5512.thumb.jpeg.d23abfee0ea81c7ab02e8d3ef5df973d.jpeg

On our way to Honningsvag, Norway, which is situated above the Arctic Circle.

There is no sunset but a sunrise at midnight.  It does not get dark here.

Tonight’s Midnight Sun

IMG_5542.thumb.jpeg.2300c4b6e8c2fc8631f52aa2f1f1adbc.jpeg

IMG_5551.thumb.jpeg.6c3629c5046dfe5210706eee1c4eb98c.jpeg

Beautiful pictures Helen. Looks like a great cruise so far. Keep us updated and tell Marty hello from me.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

love everyone's pictures of cruises, land vacations, kids, dogs, cats and whatever. 

Welcome to our little corner of the world.

• Like 3

So we were on our way back from our dinner show, and Susan was playing the alphabet game with our granddaughter.  

They must have been up to the letter “K”, when our Uber driver passed this store. 

IMG_1777.thumb.jpeg.09af4d4520e287e69790f48d1d88ad57.jpeg

Susan said “Oh look, there is a K.  Badd Kitty”.  Then, as we get closer she says “Oooooooh, no, don’t look”

I will leave you to imagine what was on display in the window.   

• Haha 20

It took me awhile but finally caught up on all the posts from last Thursday. It's been a very active thread! 

@Ozark_Kid Thank you for updating us on your journey.  I can only echo what everyone else has already said.  Your outlook, attitude & love of family is truly inspirational. 

My 5 days in the Finger Lakes was busy but exhausting. My brother-in-law is a fantastic cook so I ate well. The wineries & craft breweries are plentiful so I drank well. In between,  there was swimming, sailing & kayaking.  And family fun time.  While i was traveling on the 4th, i did get to see fireworks on Friday the 5th over the lake.Oh, and BIL also has a new puppy,  the cutest little pug you ever did see.

I'm pretty sure I had posted pictures from my previous Finger Lakes trips but after awhile, all the lakes and vineyards begin to look the same. So instead, I'll post some pictures of bathroom signs. 

For the baseball enthusiast.

20240706_1712292.thumb.jpg.624a060d43ed10d2db6ba9656ca59686.jpg

For our inner child. 

20240706_1712362.thumb.jpg.5b7ae2ba07d55385d6d9d48b15439bfc.jpg

And my personal favorite, from the bathroom door.

20240706_1031152.thumb.jpg.36e814743a0239d61aa2d486ef6188cb.jpg

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 18

14 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Oy... I can stand the heat, but the humidity is killing me... Hopefully you have AC.

Ours is working non-stop....

Yes, so thankful to have central AC.  Ours has been non stop too.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm pretty sure I had posted pictures from my previous Finger Lakes trips but after awhile, all the lakes and vineyards begin to look the same. So instead, I'll post some pictures of bathroom signs. 

And here is one we found down here. 

IMG_1702.thumb.jpeg.34c88dcb0d33eaa0a87b961b7e53cee8.jpeg

• Haha 19

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, so thankful to have central AC.  Ours has been non stop too.

It’s been under a hundred last few and next few days which is unusual for us . Luckily humidity hasn’t been too bad , but we need dehumidifier often in summer and need a humidifier in the winter . It’s amazing how much water the dehumidifier collects in a few hours . Both dehumidifier and humidifier are good investments. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I can give you a first hand look in this many days. 

IMG_1773.thumb.jpeg.e2a22b98c537e85dbcd2b211d29e7502.jpeg

That must mean my Adventure sailing is also in 24 days. And I feel like I just booked it last month. Oh yeah, I did! 🙂. It's coming on quickly!

Side tangent: I remember you asking where I was staying pre-cruise. At the time, I had a pre-cruise stay with friends that live in the area. Well, that has now become a post-cruise stay with friends.  So I'm booked Aug 1st at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach, about 4 minutes from the port. First time staying in the area so I'll be looking for dinner recommendations.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

First time staying in the area so I'll be looked for dinner recommendations.

“Grills” and “Fishlips” right by the terminal are great. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The sad part about this picture is that in 24 days it will already be August. Summer goes by so fast.

The daylight is already getting shorter & I've already seen my first back to school sale.  Pretty soon we will be feeling the crisp, cool autumn air.

Yeah, I'm a lot of fun at parties. 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

50 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So we were on our way back from our dinner show, and Susan was playing the alphabet game with our granddaughter.  

They must have been up to the letter “K”, when our Uber driver passed this store. 

Susan said “Oh look, there is a K.  Badd Kitty”.  Then, as we get closer she says “Oooooooh, no, don’t look”

Siamese twin cats obviously. What else could it be? 😉

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

First time staying in the area so I'll be looking for dinner recommendations.

We will probably go to either Fishlips, or Grills Seafood Deck.  They are both close to the port.  We ate at Fishlips before.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if the grandkids want to get takeout from one of them and eat by the pool.  We are at Holiday Inn Express. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

“Grills” and “Fishlips” right by the terminal are great. 

Thank you. I remember reading about both restaurants in past trip reports. I haven't really researched the area much yet but will be doing that in the next 21-22 days. I basically booked the hotel as it was close to the port & I needed to keep my Marriott status active.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Kittens ⁉️🤨😜

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We will probably go to either Fishlips, or Grills Seafood Deck.  They are both close to the port.  We ate at Fishlips before.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if the grandkids want to get takeout from one of them and eat by the pool.  We are at Holiday Inn Express. 

Thanks! Both look like solid, can't miss choices. That`s 2 recommendations for both

If I know me, I wouldn't be surprised if I have drinks & apps at one and dinner at the other. 😀 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5