Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I am glad we tried it, because I was very curious. However, traditional balconies are better. We had the window open for a few minutes tonight, and soon discovered that the rest of the cabin was dripping with water from the humidity. Every surface was wet. It was pretty gross. It does help to keep the French doors closed, but still not ideal.

Yeah..we wound up leaving the window closed.  While going through the Panama Canal, we would open it to look down while going through the Canal, room would be dripping, mirrors all fogged up, then we'd close the window until it cleared up again.  The room itself is really lovely, though, and the extended length is pretty nice.    

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!!!!  Bon Voyage!🛳️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I’ve decided that I prefer a traditional balcony. I don’t like how the whole cabin gets hot/humid/wet when the window is open.

Thanks. I read your previous response after I posted my question. Great assessment. Thanks, I'll never book one of those. After years about reading how you should keep your balcony door closed they devise this sort of setup. I don't get it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I’ve decided that I prefer a traditional balcony. I don’t like how the whole cabin gets hot/humid/wet when the window is open.

I never stayed in one of those infinite balconies but I know I wouldn’t like it. I like the separate space that a balcony creates. When we cruise Celebrity we will always try and book a sunset veranda at the rear which is a traditional balcony. More walking for us at the back of the ship but that’s ok.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. I read your previous response after I posted my question. Great assessment. Thanks, I'll never book one of those. After years about reading how you should keep your balcony door closed they devise this sort of setup. I don't get it.

As much as I loved the Beyond in general, I feel that it was a one and done for me with regard to the Infinite Veranda.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another inconvenience is that you aren’t supposed to open the cabin door while the window is open, due to the wind-tunnel effect. Our steward stressed this point to us. But it’s pretty common with three people in the room, that someone will need to leave the room at some point while the others are enjoying the “balcony”. So you pretty much have to keep the folding doors closed at all times while the window is open, and they are a bit unwieldy to maneuver.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We are onboard and unpacked. I always am so relieved when our bags show up after our flight and then again on the ship. We were impressed by the food in the buffet. Disappointed they don’t have the usual cheesy boarding photo op that I always buy. 😂

IMG_7590.thumb.jpeg.58a53cfb3f19c57f1b1da17f23610016.jpeg

IMG_7594.thumb.jpeg.2751c1d2f76dc00c15add68a38fbe8ac.jpeg

Beautiful cabin. I see extra pillows.   Assuming Andrew is sharing a cabin with you - what do you/he prefer -  a drop down bed from the ceiling or a sofa bed?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Beautiful cabin. I see extra pillows.   Assuming Andrew is sharing a cabin with you - what do you/he prefer -  a drop down bed from the ceiling or a sofa bed?

I prefer the sofa because the ceiling berth is so in the way and always a head-bumping hazard. Andrew says he prefers the ceiling bed because it’s “cooler”. 😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I too vote Kittens and a cruise. We had a friend of ours get an estimate to remodel their bathroom. The remolding company wanted $30K. That is ridiculous.

Have a great cruise! Bon Voyage!!

Sounds like Season 11 with Captain Kerry. I wonder why those episodes air later in the UK than they do here?

I will find out at 20.00pm Monday night.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Yeah..we wound up leaving the window closed.  While going through the Panama Canal, we would open it to look down while going through the Canal, room would be dripping, mirrors all fogged up, then we'd close the window until it cleared up again.  The room itself is really lovely, though, and the extended length is pretty nice.    

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!!!!  Bon Voyage!🛳️

I also keep the window closed. Used it as a panoramic ocean view...lot of space plus the verandah part adds to room length. On E class this constitutes the majority of balconies. The other types are port hole verandahs, few on deck 6,7 8 and 9. Sunset aft balconies are great but get booked out very early.

• Like 4

We received our GTY assignment this morning on my accidental labor day cruise 😜  JS 8572.  It’s aft starboard side (Vision).  Looks to be under gym/spa area.  Should be easy access to jammer & solarium which i love.  

So far I don’t hate it!  At least  don’t think I do.  This must be royals bday gift to me 😂   Anyone have experience with this cabin or similarly situated on Vision?  I do have some royal up bids in but never count on those for anything.

IMG_3430.thumb.jpeg.d9e3d64cd1330ee0477e7382dd28ebdc.jpeg

• Like 8

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m jealous. 😁  I’ve been desperate for a cruise this month, but I have to wait till next month. Wasn’t sure how my knee was going to do so we didn’t book one. Enjoy your cruise. Let us know what you think of the balcony.

I hope your knee is improving nicely.  From what others in here and offline have said, it's a tough recuperation.

• Like 5

So sad going to some of these animal shelters, there is just one that is a non kill shelter. Last one we went to we had to pass many large dogs that just stared at us , can’t imagine giving up a pet . We have a friend and neighbor who rescues dogs before they are euthanized to transport them to somewhere it’s safe . 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, George C said:

So sad going to some of these animal shelters, there is just one that is a non kill shelter. Last one we went to we had to pass many large dogs that just stared at us , can’t imagine giving up a pet . We have a friend and neighbor who rescues dogs before they are euthanized to transport them to somewhere it’s safe . 

Thank you adopting a shelter pet. Even though our dogs are pure breeds from a breeder all of our cats have been adopted from shelters. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you adopting a shelter pet. Even though our dogs are pure breeds from a breeder all of our cats have been adopted from shelters. 

We may get a pure bred ragdoll but will continue looking into shelters, our others cats we got from the no kill shelter. We saw several kittens being adopted while looking yesterday.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Does anyone have advice on reserving dinner in Solarium Bistro on Harmony (Oct)?  I found dinner info for my reservation and hit "reserve" for the bistro but nothing happened.  Because it's no charge, do I have to wait to make reservations once on board?