Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Here is one of our cats. Ms. Chloe sleeping. That's not her eye, it's just thinning fur between her eye and ear. Our baby is over 17 years old. Dec she will be 18. She is getting a little bit hard of hearing, so when she wants something she literally screams! It sounds like someone is hurting her. I dread when our "winter" comes because we will open the windows sometimes. I need to warn the neighbors that we aren't hurting her. You should hear her when she knows I'm in the shade house and she wants to go outside also. OMG! 🙉 She loves going out there. 

20240730_091207.thumb.jpg.4efa222485d8cf1b79fae26d0839946f.jpg

So cute!

I remember those Royal logo towels!

• Like 1

Bon Voyage to Andrew, Lisa and Owen and Steel City and all those cruising soon! Post a couple of pictures if you can!
Bonnie is it time to wish you bon voyage yet or happy clothes picking/packing?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I know I said a while back I probably wasn't going to buy any more Mary Frances (MF) purses since I don't want to collect them. There is a tiki bar purse that Mike thinks I should get, but I dont know. It's getting to be to many for me. It would be great for the Mai Kai when they finally open up again. I decided I need a phone purse and then I happened to see a Santa purse. Santa's and snowmen are my favorite holiday decorations so I had to have Mr. Santa Ho Ho Ho purse. Now I just need to book a holiday cruise. 😊  Mike found out after the fact that that's what he bought me as my holiday gift. 😆😆😆  I've never cared for cross body purses, but I'll leave the phone purse as it is. The Santa purse I'll make a little shorter handle with silver beads along with red, clear and maybe some green beads. I don't like the gunmetal color of the beads that came with it.

20240802_170327.jpg

I love the Santa purse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Yes, thank you, I am following.

We don't have a cruise booked on the Beyond while she is onboard. But who knows!😁

We sailed with her on Edge right after cruising resumed , she has a great fun personality .

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Here is one of our cats. Ms. Chloe sleeping. That's not her eye, it's just thinning fur between her eye and ear. Our baby is over 17 years old. Dec she will be 18. She is getting a little bit hard of hearing, so when she wants something she literally screams! It sounds like someone is hurting her. I dread when our "winter" comes because we will open the windows sometimes. I need to warn the neighbors that we aren't hurting her. You should hear her when she knows I'm in the shade house and she wants to go outside also. OMG! 🙉 She loves going out there. 

20240730_091207.thumb.jpg.4efa222485d8cf1b79fae26d0839946f.jpg

It's good to see Ms. Chloe is hanging in there at the ripe old age of 17.  When our Marcel was young he never meowed (hence the name Marcel, after the mime).  But by the time he reached 17 he became quite vocal and needy, wanting to be with us everywhere we went.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I hope she recovers soon! 

Finnley has been battling breathing problems and fever off and on for months.  Wednesday she was admitted to the hospital.   Her oxygen level dropped to lower 80's and had a slight fever.  She was put on oxygen and had treatments every 2 hours. She is doing better now.  She is off oxygen, treatments every 4 hours and her oxygen level was 97 just a few minutes ago!  If she continues to improve,  they expect she will go home tomorrow. 

Prayers for Finnley🙏🤞

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

St. Augustine?

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

That was my guess as well 👍

Ding. Ding. Ding.  Winners!

Micheline had to take her car in for routine service, about 45 minutes south of us in Jacksonville.  It was going to take nearly all day, so we decided to drive another 45 minutes south to St. Augustine and kill some time.  We've been there a few times but never visited the lighthouse.  I highly recommend it.  In addition to the lighthouse itself, there are several other buildings on the property that are set up as a museum area.  More info here.  The $15 entrance fee ($13 for 60+) is well worth it.

The star attraction though is the 165 foot tall lighthouse and the 219 steps that you can climb to the top.  It's a long climb up but the steps are wide and well spaced, and there's a landing where you can pause every 20 or so steps, so you can take your time.  It's worth it for the view from the top.

IMG_1400.thumb.jpg.a94f203721cb85a517af45b8a9f70e83.jpg

The now obligatory place to take an Instagram shot.

IMG_1407.thumb.JPG.00cd167599aba3064eecf948030939bb.JPG

It's a long way up!

APC_4218.thumb.JPG.498d2ba09df911b179efc1c3c3761483.JPG

Almost halfway there...

APC_4219.thumb.JPG.de1542912bbd858db64da58c2e44f0e9.JPG

The top...picture taken from the website.

IMG_7181-1200x800.thumb.jpg.252f7785496767702fc68ded83c1e45f.jpg

Sorry for the quick pan in the video but my fear of heights was starting to kick in a little.  Looking at my phone while taking the video meant that I couldn't see the railing. 🥴  I think I was trying to get the video done quickly.  The wind wasn't helping.

Edit: Factoid that I learned when visiting the Amelia Island lighthouse...lighthouses are often painted differently so that sailors could identify which lighthouse they were seeing just by looking at it.  The spiraling stripe going up the St. Augustine lighthouse makes it easily identifiable.  

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Even if you keep the same cabin you have to do muster for 2nd leg.

I still think we are on the same harmony cruises. If I see you I'll buy you a drink?

Dont miss the b2b lunch on harmony. They did short ribs last time, though they are boneless. One of my favorites. Usually noon in Mdr. 

Yes, I think we're on Oct 27 with you.  See you on board. A word of caution.  Galveston is having a large biker rally the weekend you depart on Nov. 3.  I hope traffic won't be difficult getting a ride to the airport.

Experience the largest 4-day Motorcycle Rally in North America, taking place right here in Galveston, Texas.

Bikers and enthusiasts alike converge on Galveston every November for the famous Lone Star Rally, which offers four days of fun in the sun by the Gulf of Mexico's sparkling waters. The event brings together some 400,000 people and an estimated 150,000 motorcycles each year, making it North America's largest four-day bike rally.

image.png.7eaeb2e63c44f4600a8dd4ec39d48e89.png

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yes, I think we're on Oct 27 with you.  See you on board. A word of caution.  Galveston is having a large biker rally the weekend you depart on Nov. 3.  I hope traffic won't be difficult getting a ride to the airport.

Experience the largest 4-day Motorcycle Rally in North America, taking place right here in Galveston, Texas.

Bikers and enthusiasts alike converge on Galveston every November for the famous Lone Star Rally, which offers four days of fun in the sun by the Gulf of Mexico's sparkling waters. The event brings together some 400,000 people and an estimated 150,000 motorcycles each year, making it North America's largest four-day bike rally.

Yikes that looks like a real pain in the you know what?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My youngest granddaughter has pneumonia!  Poor kid was coughing and running a fever that would go up and down.  Thankfully, my daughter took her to her pediatrician after UrgiCare just gave her cough syrup.

Blood work, X-ray and a great pediatrician to the rescue.  Poor kid cried more for the nasal swab than the bloodwork😳 Anyway that’s the latest in our never dull life.

I hope she is feeling better soon😊     

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Finnley has been battling breathing problems and fever off and on for months.  Wednesday she was admitted to the hospital.   Her oxygen level dropped to lower 80's and had a slight fever.  She was put on oxygen and had treatments every 2 hours. She is doing better now.  She is off oxygen, treatments every 4 hours and her oxygen level was 97 just a few minutes ago!  If she continues to improve,  they expect she will go home tomorrow. 

Ahh poor baby.    Did they diagnose her with pneuomonia?   Must have been scary.    Here's hoping she is on the road to recovery and soon will be back home 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for the warning. I probably need to schedule with my shuttle lady soon. I asked her but dont have the dates confirmed in writing. 

I was planning on sitting on my lazy butt until the oct 6th harmony but I was looking to see if wonder price dropped and happened to see there are only 2 more cruises from florida to see Bermuda which I really wanted to see. I picked sept 13, but it's going to crowd harmony. The other is august 16 very very soon and we have lots of rain coming in then a heat wave by next weekend, though that could be orlando as I see orlando not local beach news. We are too small to get local news.

Only insides and OVs were left. Hard decision. I am not crazy about low decks but I did book a quad OV deck 2. Deck 3 on adventure doesnt go thru. Only see quads left, most all are connecting, but managed a quad not connecting near aft elevator. I really prefer s higher deck for Idk why but I also like to see out. So I will be cruising out of PC before xmas after all. Royal has quit going from florida to Bermuda after this cruise and I said go or fleever hold your peace. We overnight in Bermuda so 2 days. I have no idea yet what I'll do or see. Royal excursions mostly sold out, and I got a arrival time of 12:30, I was after the 45 day check in. Just booked. Some said 2 driver taxi cabs show you the island. Idk ..solo would rather be with a group.

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Oh, poor little Finnley!  It's so frightening when little ones are battling breathing problems (when big ones are having breathing problems also), I sure hope she will be going home today.🙏

@DaniDanielle  Marietta, I do hope your granddaughter is also improving!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks for the warning. I probably need to schedule with my shuttle lady soon. I asked her but dont have the dates confirmed in writing. 

I was planning on sitting on my lazy butt until the oct 6th harmony but I was looking to see if wonder price dropped and happened to see there are only 2 more cruises from florida to see Bermuda which I really wanted to see. I picked sept 13, but it's going to crowd harmony. The other is august 16 very very soon and we have lots of rain coming in then a heat wave by next weekend, though that could be orlando as I see orlando not local beach news. We are too small to get local news.

Only insides and OVs were left. Hard decision. I am not crazy about low decks but I did book a quad OV deck 2. Deck 3 on adventure doesnt go thru. Only see quads left, most all are connecting, but managed a quad not connecting near aft elevator. I really prefer s higher deck for Idk why but I also like to see out. So I will be cruising out of PC before xmas after all. Royal has quit going from florida to Bermuda after this cruise and I said go or fleever hold your peace. We overnight in Bermuda so 2 days. I have no idea yet what I'll do or see. Royal excursions mostly sold out, and I got a arrival time of 12:30, I was after the 45 day check in. Just booked. Some said 2 driver taxi cabs show you the island. Idk ..solo would rather be with a group.

I hope you love Bermuda as much as we do.   No need to book any Royal excursions.   It is such an easy island to get around.    There is a ferry at the cruise pier (ticket booth/visitors travel center to buy all day pass or 2 day pass).   You can take the ferry to St. George and wander around, then take it to Hamilton and wander around.   Their bus system is very easy and great way to get around the island too.   You could go to the lighthouse, the aquarium and check out the pink sand beach..Horseshoe Bay or visit their lighthouse.

At the dockyard we always enjoy eating at The Frog & Onion Pub - great atmosphere with great food.    There are several shops to wander around and a small snorkel beach you can walk to from the dock.    Plus there is lots of history with the forts.    There is a walking history tour of the royal navy dockyard that you can book at their travel center that is located after you get off the ship (same place you buy the bus / ferry tickets).    

If you happen to be there on a Wednesday night there is a street festival in Hamilton called Harbour nights that is lots of fun too.   You may want to check out this website to get an idea of what Bermuda offers to visitors.      My family has been going here for years as land and sea vacations.    We miss when the smaller ships docked right in Hamilton.  Enjoy😊

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope you love Bermuda as much as we do.   No need to book any Royal excursions.   It is such an easy island to get around.    There is a ferry at the cruise pier (ticket booth/visitors travel center to buy all day pass or 2 day pass).   You can take the ferry to St. George and wander around, then take it to Hamilton and wander around.   Their bus system is very easy and great way to get around the island too.   You could go to the lighthouse, the aquarium and check out the pink sand beach..Horseshoe Bay or visit their lighthouse.

At the dockyard we always enjoy eating at The Frog & Onion Pub - great atmosphere with great food.    There are several shops to wander around and a small snorkel beach you can walk to from the dock.    Plus there is lots of history with the forts.    There is a walking history tour of the royal navy dockyard that you can book at their travel center that is located after you get off the ship (same place you buy the bus / ferry tickets).    

If you happen to be there on a Wednesday night there is a street festival in Hamilton called Harbour nights that is lots of fun too.   You may want to check out this website to get an idea of what Bermuda offers to visitors.      My family has been going here for years as land and sea vacations.    We miss when the smaller ships docked right in Hamilton.  Enjoy😊

Thanks I took a screen shot of your post. Yes i want to see the pink beach and crystal clear water. I'll have to check what night of the week I'm there. And yes i want to eat dinner there so will check out your suggestion. I'm so disappointed royal isnt releasing any more cruises to Bermuda out of florida. I was waiting to jump on one .. and none were released. Royal ports are getting  more and more boring. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks I took a screen shot of your post. Yes i want to see the pink beach and crystal clear water. I'll have to check what night of the week I'm there. And yes i want to eat dinner there so will check out your suggestion. I'm so disappointed royal isnt releasing any more cruises to Bermuda out of florida. I was waiting to jump on one .. and none were released. Royal ports are getting  more and more boring. 

Royal only has 2 (maybe 3) each summer from FL. And I don't think they have released next summer Florida Bermuda itineraries yet. Before the Adventure it was Mariner.

It is a rough ride, but Bermuda is very well worth it.
They have weekly cruises from NJ to Bermuda in the season, but you would have to go to NJ.
I was also eyeing the 9/13 Bermuda trip.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I wonder why they are not doing anymore 8 or 9 nights to bermuda out of florida for 2025.    We usually do the 5 or 6 nighters out of NJ or MD since we can drive to either port.   I'm sad as we had a 5 night bermuda cruise on Liberty OTS booked for September but I had to cancel as my Boss's Wife surprised him with a 2 week cruise to Scotland, Ireland, etc. for the same time frame and I'm not allowed off when he is off since I am a Manager.   

I was going to switch to mid October but this late in the game I couldn't find an OVB in our preferred areas.       We are thinking about booking one of Brilliance sailings out of New Orleans for November.   Neither of us have ever been to NO and we love the radiance class but not thrilled with their itineraries.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sending Finnley healing prayers.

Best wishes to you too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wonder why they are not doing anymore 8 or 9 nights to bermuda out of florida for 2025.    We usually do the 5 or 6 nighters out of NJ or MD since we can drive to either port.   I'm sad as we had a 5 night bermuda cruise on Liberty OTS booked for September but I had to cancel as my Boss's Wife surprised him with a 2 week cruise to Scotland, Ireland, etc. for the same time frame and I'm not allowed off when he is off since I am a Manager.   

I was going to switch to mid October but this late in the game I couldn't find an OVB in our preferred areas.       We are thinking about booking one of Brilliance sailings out of New Orleans for November.   Neither of us have ever been to NO and we love the radiance class but not thrilled with their itineraries.

I think out of florida royal just decided they could make more money on boring ports. If they were going to release more imo they would have. It's not like there are more ships sitting around to send there. This is the last scheduled cruise to Bermuda out of Florida. 

I've gone out of new orleans and it's good if you love to drink. Be very careful. I know 2 people pick pocketed. A cabin mate from the UK stayed on to gamble and was pick pocketed and lost her passport. Had to go to the embassy to get home. Another guy on a cruise too. Yes I know there is a aquarium and a vets place and those donuts but I'm not sure I want to go again but I've done it 10 to 15 times maybe. If you arent a big drinker it's not that much fun. Seems to be the main thing there. Well and eat, but I can eat anywhere. It was a 10 hour drive from dallas so doable in one day drive but just I guess for me lost its allure. Lots and lots of bars.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1