Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I remembered so well when I retired 5 years ago I cannot begin to tell you how many people came up to me and said I was going to be bored. 

LOL. 

Everytime I get caught up with all my task another event keeps me busy. 

This past week was no exception. 

In addition babysitting 3 days a week 3 hours from home leaving on Sundays and coming home Wednesday evening:

This week Thursday I joined my anesthesia alumni association at a get together. 

Then Friday was a. Major life event. 
A pre-reunion celebration at one of our classmates private museum. 

IMG_1393.thumb.jpeg.bb0f687fcf33d750d018851257683b7c.jpeg

Then Saturday the real get together - mass, pictures and dinner. 
Then of course social hours with many shall we say “beverages”. 

I was glad to see almost all of my classmates aged as I did. 
Few extra pound baggage, many women grey hair many men in various styles of balding. 

Our class consisted of 2 levels of economic life styles. 

1.  The rich and had everything from their parents being successful. 
2. Then there was those of us (me) that had little or nothing because our parents were laborers. 

I was thankful  we wore uniforms and my high school wardrobe consisted of a few dress tops and one pair of jeans ( for dress down days). 

The good news was I was able to re-connect with over 50 of my closest friends (we graduated 356), and sadly 42 members of our class already passed away. 

The great news was some of  those that had everything and more in high school living off of mom and dads money, now when facing the real world had a rude awakening to living by just getting “by”. 

Karma. Nope. 
- I learned over  life to value education and strive for accomplishments and save money. And that helped me to become who I am today. 
-Some, not all never learned. 

But it’s not always about money. 
It is about happiness. And if someone is happy that is all that matters. 

Sunday. Today. Well. A church get together for Parish council. No rest. But, Love the socialization. 

Hope all are safe and healthy and praying for all. 

Be safe. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 18

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

I remembered so well when I retired 5 years ago I cannot begin to tell you how many people came up to me and said I was going to be bored. 

LOL. 

Everytime I get caught up with all my task another event keeps me busy. 

This past week was no exception. 

In addition babysitting 3 days a week 3 hours from home leaving on Sundays and coming home Wednesday evening:

This week Thursday I joined my anesthesia alumni association at a get together. 

Then Friday was a. Major life event. 
A pre-reunion celebration at one of our classmates private museum. 

IMG_1393.thumb.jpeg.bb0f687fcf33d750d018851257683b7c.jpeg

Then Saturday the real get together - mass, pictures and dinner. 
Then of course social hours with many shall we say “beverages”. 

I was glad to see almost all of my classmates aged as I did. 
Few extra pound baggage, many women grey hair many men in various styles of balding. 

Our class consisted of 2 levels of economic life styles. 

1.  The rich and had everything from their parents being successful. 
2. Then there was those of us (me) that had little or nothing because our parents were laborers. 

I was thankful  we wore uniforms and my high school wardrobe consisted of a few dress tops and one pair of jeans ( for dress down days). 

The good news was I was able to re-connect with over 50 of my closest friends (we graduated 356), and sadly 42 members of our class already passed away. 

The great news was some of  those that had everything and more in high school living off of mom and dads money, now when facing the real world had a rude awakening to living by just getting “by”. 

Karma. Nope. 
- I learned over  life to value education and strive for accomplishments and save money. And that helped me to become who I am today. 
-Some, not all never learned. 

But it’s not always about money. 
It is about happiness. And if someone is happy that is all that matters. 

Sunday. Today. Well. A church get together for Parish council. No rest. But, Love the socialization. 

Hope all are safe and healthy and praying for all. 

Be safe. 

I was just reading about being happy. Finnish course says 3 things.

1. Connect with nature, even in a city connect to the outside nature.

2. Have enough. Dont always feel you need more. Have enough to meet your needs.

3. Was about planning your surroundings and buying things that have meaning or making things yourself. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

“Big Bad Breakfast”

Yard Work Skillet

IMG_3520.thumb.jpeg.0f654ac8ed65897fb310a72eedb7ad91.jpeg

this is blasphemy 🥲 Gotta have Heinz

IMG_3521.thumb.jpeg.450a19b0ea17ee60820d3949d29b2639.jpeg

For sure!  I can still hear Carly Simon's "Anticipation" when waiting for that squeeze of ketchup to come out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

For sure!  I can still hear Carly Simon's "Anticipation" when waiting for that squeeze of ketchup to come out.

Well, now I have that song stuck in my head.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

3. Was about planning your surroundings and buying things that have meaning or making things yourself. 

Good advice. I’d add to strive for experiences rather than things.  Wish I had that perspective when I was younger. 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good advice. I’d add to strive for experiences rather than things.  Wish I had that perspective when I was younger. 

I think George's cats might also be their own category, though might fit into the 3rd. Setting up where you live with things that mean something.

I agree having experiences is valuable. I was just reading how the finish rated for the 4th year in a row as the happiest people on earth and that's the main topics of their online course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I think George's cats might also be their own category, though might fit into the 3rd. Setting up where you live with things that mean something.

I agree having experiences is valuable. I was just reading how the finish rated for the 4th year in a row as the happiest people on earth and that's the main topics of their online course.

Have had some super cool stuff on cruises, gondola in Venice, being two feet from statue of David in Florence, ruins of Rome and Athens. On a sandals vacation in Jamaica we saw them releasing sea turtles into the ocean - that was super cool . Seeing Mickey Mantle hit and Sandy Koufax pitch , seeing a river of lava pour into the ocean from a rccl ship in Hawaii.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, George C said:

Shelagh has been wanting new curtains, need to wait until Siam is done climbing them

image.thumb.jpeg.6df2130b7347c46814d56673263b2982.jpeg

Our first kitty would climb the living room curtains then lounge on the pole and hang out there napping for hours.   As he grew the pole/rod had a curve until he no longer fit.   Then we got rid of them and put up blinds.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, George C said:

Shelagh has been wanting new curtains, need to wait until Siam is done climbing them

image.thumb.jpeg.6df2130b7347c46814d56673263b2982.jpeg

Awww! Memories! We had a Siamese when we were students in Vancouver. We got him home, and he promptly climbed the curtains.

We named him Tenzing.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Awww! Memories! We had a Siamese when we were students in Vancouver. We got him home, and he promptly climbed the curtains.

We named him Tenzing.

We never had a cat that climbed them normally but our second cat was Siamese kitten and her one year old sister wasn’t happy at all that share her space . She beat him up often but when he got to be about 6 months old she chased him and he ran up the curtain turned and landed on his older sister , that was the last time she tried to mess with the Siamese.

• Haha 11

Office computer system is up and running. I don't even care what the cost of this weekend fix is going to be. It has been a very stressful 3 days. Computers are great until they aren't. They can bring things to a standstill. I guess the airlines know that well.

• Like 24

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Office computer system is up and running. I don't even care what the cost of this weekend fix is going to be. It has been a very stressful 3 days. Computers are great until they aren't. They can bring things to a standstill. I guess the airlines know that well.

Even though I’m a technology lover, it’s a little frightening how much we have come to rely on it.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Puts me in mind of Robert Fulghum's "All I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten".

All I Need To Know Inspirational Printable

• Like 16

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Puts me in mind of Robert Fulghum's "All I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten".

Well the fact that they ranked the happiest people on earth 4 years in a row was why I opened to see what their advise was. Maybe as you said it's easy, but if it's so easy why dont americans rank first not the people of Finland. I didnt put all the explanations just the headline points. I do think for me it was important to get to a happier place than I was living in Dallas. I was dealing with a lot of anger I needed to put aside. Lots of mixed emotions after my mom died. 

I actually tried to talk to several people, a pastor I asked to keep ot confidential, he didnt. I mentioned it to my GP who immediately came to my sisters defense. She and my mom and I were all his patients. I'm aware of her issues, I wanted someone on my side and wasnt finding support for me. 

I am much happier here waking up to sunshine and lots of space and surrounded by nature. And such nice people. Everyone here is so nice. The guy who came over to help hang pictures passed me in his car with his wife and rolled down his window asking how I was and did i need any more help. Just seeing my pictures hanging here made me happy, seeing things that had meaning to me, #3 above. So it made be kindergarten obvious but it was a battle for me to get thru all I had to do to get here. So if the Finnish are the happiest people I took the time to read why they think they are happier than americans and others.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

44 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well the fact that they ranked the happiest people on earth 4 years in a row was why I opened to see what their advise was. Maybe as you said it's easy, but if it's so easy why dont americans rank first not the people of Finland. I didnt put all the explanations just the headline points. I do think for me it was important to get to a happier place than I was living in Dallas. I was dealing with a lot of anger I needed to put aside. Lots of mixed emotions after my mom died. 

I actually tried to talk to several people, a pastor I asked to keep ot confidential, he didnt. I mentioned it to my GP who immediately came to my sisters defense. She and my mom and I were all his patients. I'm aware of her issues, I wanted someone on my side and wasnt finding support for me. 

I am much happier here waking up to sunshine and lots of space and surrounded by nature. And such nice people. Everyone here is so nice. The guy who came over to help hang pictures passed me in his car with his wife and rolled down his window asking how I was and did i need any more help. Just seeing my pictures hanging here made me happy, seeing things that had meaning to me, #3 above. So it made be kindergarten obvious but it was a battle for me to get thru all I had to do to get here. So if the Finnish are the happiest people I took the time to read why they think they are happier than americans and others.

Bonnie, thanks for sharing the "things I learned in kindergarten."  The last line, "hold hands and stick together" reminds me of the people that on this thread that reach out to and support one another.  

Jane, you haven't held back in sharing the challenges you have been facing over the past years.  You have had to deal with so many difficult issues.  I am glad that you have found happiness in your new beautiful home with friendly people around you.  It wasn't easy, but you made it.  I'm happy for you.

• Like 22