Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks Maryann.  Old age is not fun😳

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I hear ya, Marietta!  However, it does beat the alternative!😉

Years ago, the Deacon at our Church said he now has more doctors than he has friends.....

I also have more doctors than friends.At age 75 when I was critically Ill

I had a celebration of life party in lieu of a birthday party.All of my friends who were at the party have since passed away.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Did you guess the identity of the murderer ? I did not.I told a friend of mine that it is usually the least likely person.

I saw an interview with Liev Schreiber.He said that learning the dance was mandatory .Some cast members objected initially but they all enjoyed it.

I told RJ from the brginning that I was suspecting Greer. She was just too perfect to be true. But surprises surprises!

I liked the dance sequence. And they all did good.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Do you plan to do a Live, Dave?  Would be interested in your take on Icon.  We will have another one of those “different” experiences, since we will have young kids along.

I need to start researching hotels in Miami.  I think the only time we sailed from there, we either flew in the day of the cruise (many, many, many years ago), or drove and parked at the port.

If anyone has a good recommendation, I would like to hear it.

We enjoyed staying at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell. Prices have gone up however most others have too.  It was nice, clean and had a good breakfast.  There is a free transit close that they call People Mover or Metromover.   We rode it to Bayside. Nice to do if you have the time. 

• Like 3

Do you plan to do a Live, Dave?  Would be interested in your take on Icon.  We will have another one of those “different” experiences, since we will have young kids along.

I need to start researching hotels in Miami.  I think the only time we sailed from there, we either flew in the day of the cruise (many, many, many years ago), or drove and parked at the port.

We’ve stayed at the Aloft (which I believe is part of Marriott) in the Brickell area. It was modern and clean, large rooms and had a nice included breakfast.  Have also stayed at the Hampton Inn/Brickell which was also nice but significantly more expensive than Aloft.  

• Like 1

We love the doubletree biscayne, love waking up and seeing the ship from our balcony. Hotel shares a lobby with the Marriott and there are 4 nice restaurants, a pub, a deli and a liquor store in lobby that the two shares . 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay (about 10 years ago).  It was fine, but nothing special other than a great view of the cruise ships if you get a room facing that direction.  Short walk to the Metromover station, and then another short walk getting off the Metromover to the Bayside area (shops and restaurants).  The kids will probably enjoy the Metromover and there's now an observation wheel at Bayside.  I'd stay there again if the price was right, or I have Marriott points.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Anyone else get a survey request from Royal Caribbean?  It says, in part……..

We are inviting a select group of guests to participate in a survey regarding cruising and vacations. We are always striving to improve our products and services and your participation in this survey will help us to enhance experiences with Royal Caribbean Group brands (Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea). 

I got it too. Started to fill it out. It was rather simple ... seemed aimed around whether you were a member of the various loyalty programs (of course that is automatic now anyway) and whether it impacted your likelihood to book cruises on Celebrity vs. Royal, for example. 

ANYWAY, I exited the survey once I realized it was forcing you to answer personal questions including your income level without any option such as "I don't want to share this info...."  

😉

• Like 4

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Did you guess the identity of the murderer ? I did not.I told a friend of mine that it is usually the least likely person.

I saw an interview with Liev Schreiber.He said that learning the dance was mandatory .Some cast members objected initially but they all enjoyed it.

It looked like the cast members did enjoy the dance... I loved watching that!.  I did guess the identity of the murderer, but it took a while to figure it out.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

It looked like the cast members did enjoy the dance... I loved watching that!.  I did guess the identity of the murderer, but it took a while to figure it out.  

I am usually pretty good at identifying the murderer but here I was stumped.Did you see Harpers Island in 2009 ?I was stumped on that too.I thought that series was great.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am usually pretty good at identifying the murderer but here I was stumped.Did you see Harpers Island in 2009 ?I was stumped on that too.I thought that series was great.

No.  I never heard of Harpers Island🙅‍♀️  

How is your mouth feeling?

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Watching the last episode tonight, still not sure who done it

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

What is the one in the foreground.  Looks like deep fried shrimp on top

What is the one in the first picture in the foreground with what looks like something deep fried on it

It is the fried lobster roll.  It was good but the regular champagne lobster roll is my favorite.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks so if you go with with ala cart option you would eight pieces per roll?

I think so.  I saw another table with 2 8 piece rolls.  I assume they each ordered a roll. They didn't get the small plates or dessert.  Another option is to get 2 small plates, 1 roll ( maybe 4 piece) and dessert.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mets07 said:

I got it too. Started to fill it out. It was rather simple ... seemed aimed around whether you were a member of the various loyalty programs (of course that is automatic now anyway) and whether it impacted your likelihood to book cruises on Celebrity vs. Royal, for example. 

ANYWAY, I exited the survey once I realized it was forcing you to answer personal questions including your income level without any option such as "I don't want to share this info...."  

😉

Yeah, I didn’t see anything in the survey that would help them improve their products and services, from the standpoint of their consumers (us).

• Like 1

Good afternoon.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

We have just got home after a fantastic 14 nights holiday.

We had a 10 nights cruise on P&O Ventura and 2 nights pre-cruise and 2 nights post -cruise hotel stays.

We visited.

Santander Spain.

Vigo Spain.

Lisbon Portugal 2 nights.

Porto Portugal.

A Corunna Spain.

IMG_20240907_105134.jpg

IMG_20240904_210259.jpg

IMG_20240908_123752.jpg

IMG_20240831_150357.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 18