Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

HI everyone! I haven’t posted for a while. We have been super busy. And the WiFi up here is not great. I am posting from the IPad.

We did finally get moved. I was able to drive here, and I am getting around pretty well with just a cane. 

The movers came on Aug. 30, and we came up Labor Day weekend. They will store our stuff for one month (ONLY) at no cost. You may recall that part of the problem with moving is that our new home is still full of my mom’s stuff. We have been frantically working to clear out her stuff so we have room for our own. 

She has some really nice stuff. (I came across a classic CHANEL jacket today) But we don’t have time to go through and price or sell things individually. So we are having a $5 sale FRI-SUN. We are selling everything for $5 or less. She had so much stuff!

IMG_0376.jpeg

Then we have dumpster coming on the 16th to toss all the bags of trash and whatever is leftover. I think the AirBnB people across the street and the neighbors may be slightly annoyed at the anticipated traffic. 

But we have to be ready for the movers to deliver our stuff by the 30th.

Our other house is supposed to go on the market on the 24th. It will be interesting to see what the realtors do to have it show well. 

-Patti

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 20

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Their food looks delicious and those deserts look amazing.

Welcome home😊

Thank you Debbie.

The speciality restaurants food was delicious and as well as sailing from Southampton England was the main reason for booking.

It is cold and 41°F here at 07.28am.

I hope you are well and have a lovely day.

IMG_20240908_191637.jpg

IMG_20240907_192808.jpg

IMG_20240905_193235.jpg

IMG_20240904_192822.jpg

IMG_20240903_125850.jpg

IMG_20240902_192550.jpg

IMG_20240902_192604.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

FB_IMG_1726164846091.jpg

Funny.  

When my stepdaughter moved home 2 1/2 years ago, it was supposed to be a temporary thing for 2-3 months so she left her cat with friends in Houston as she was going back. As that never happened, we went to get Lenoard. I was hesitant at first having been pet-free for many years, plus I was afraid I'd get stuck taking care of Lenoard so I stalled for a couple of months before eventually giving in. 

Anyways, Lenoard is pretty low maintenance & quickly became my best friend. Little Miss HBE4 wasted no time sharing this meme.🤣

images.jpg.1387178d49ac5d7918fa5e6828840d8b.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

HI everyone! I haven’t posted for a while. We have been super busy. And the WiFi up here is not great. I am posting from the IPad.

We did finally get moved. I was able to drive here, and I am getting around pretty well with just a cane. 

The movers came on Aug. 30, and we came up Labor Day weekend. They will store our stuff for one month (ONLY) at no cost. You may recall that part of the problem with moving is that our new home is still full of my mom’s stuff. We have been frantically working to clear out her stuff so we have room for our own. 

She has some really nice stuff. (I came across a classic CHANEL jacket today) But we don’t have time to go through and price or sell things individually. So we are having a $5 sale FRI-SUN. We are selling everything for $5 or less. She had so much stuff!

IMG_0376.jpeg

Then we have dumpster coming on the 16th to toss all the bags of trash and whatever is leftover. I think the AirBnB people across the street and the neighbors may be slightly annoyed at the anticipated traffic. 

But we have to be ready for the movers to deliver our stuff by the 30th.

Our other house is supposed to go on the market on the 24th. It will be interesting to see what the realtors do to have it show well. 

-Patti

Good to see you back and that you're up and about and doing things. 

I bet you could get more than $5 for the wooden wagon. 😉

• Like 2

On 9/11/2024 at 1:57 PM, Arzeena said:

We just saw that!
Actually binged it in two sessions. Very nice.

We're three episodes in, very much enjoying it.

Looking forward to 'Moonflower Murders' .  I read the book a while ago.

According to goggle it's on PBS on 15th Sept, not sure when it's on in UK 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

We have just got home after a fantastic 14 nights holiday.

We had a 10 nights cruise on P&O Ventura and 2 nights pre-cruise and 2 nights post -cruise hotel stays.

We visited.

Santander Spain.

Vigo Spain.

Lisbon Portugal 2 nights.

Porto Portugal.

A Corunna Spain.

IMG_20240907_105134.jpg

IMG_20240904_210259.jpg

IMG_20240908_123752.jpg

IMG_20240831_150357.jpg

Looks wonderful Graham.  I'm looking at P@O along with MSC and Celebrity 

So disappointed with RC's UK cruises next year and their prices.

After our Sept cruise we'll be three points away from D+ but can't find anything to book 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Debbie.

The speciality restaurants food was delicious and as well as sailing from Southampton England was the main reason for booking.

IMG_20240908_191637.jpg

IMG_20240907_192808.jpg

IMG_20240905_193235.jpg

IMG_20240904_192822.jpg

IMG_20240903_125850.jpg

IMG_20240902_192550.jpg

IMG_20240902_192604.jpg

Lovely and I'm sure yummy.  Happy to hear you and Pauline had a fabulous cruise.

I hope Sarah is well too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Coralc said:
  • The Chanel jacket should be popular. 1) It is too small for me. 2) I can’t think of an event that I would wear it. 🙂

IMG_0375.jpeg

Good Morning Patti,  happy to hear are feeling much better and able to get around with only a cane.   That's Great news!

A $5 sale should be lots of fun.   Good luck😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@bobmacliberty Wow your Bills are destroying the Dolphins. Tua having a horrible game. I wish they he Chiefs had your offensive line.

8 hours ago, George C said:

Very nice win for the Bills was surprised they were underdogs, love that Von Miller looked good , always thought Miami QB was overrated . 

I'm very happy with the win also.  It's always less stressful when the Bills are up by at least 2 possessions.  Defense played great, even with injuries.  I sure hope that Bernard isn't out for a while with his pec injury.  Losing both starting LBs for a while would hurt.

More importantly, I hope that Tua is OK.  With his history of concussions, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that his career is over.  I'm sure he'll want to play, but there will certainly be doctors warning him of the serious risks.  Hopefully it's not that serious.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

More importantly, I hope that Tua is OK.  With his history of concussions, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that his career is over.  I'm sure he'll want to play, but there will certainly be doctors warning him of the serious risks.  Hopefully it's not that serious.

I felt the same thing. I feel sorry for Tua and his history of concussions. It might be better for him to retire while he can. CTE can be devastating to former NFL players. I also feel bad for Damar who hit him. I’m sure he feels concern for Tua also.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coralc said:
  • The Chanel jacket should be popular. 1) It is too small for me. 2) I can’t think of an event that I would wear it. 🙂

IMG_0375.jpeg

Patti,
I am so happy to hear that you drove....that means great progress. Keep well. Good luck with the sales and wish yo a happy and stressless "moving in and settling down".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Debbie.

IMG_20240908_191637.jpg

IMG_20240907_192808.jpg

IMG_20240905_193235.jpg

IMG_20240904_192822.jpg

IMG_20240903_125850.jpg

IMG_20240902_192550.jpg

IMG_20240902_192604.jpg

OMG! Those desserts are heavenly! Now I know why they say "eat dessert first"!
I was reading that if one eats dessert first, they eat it more mindfully and not eat it all the way, since they are expecting to eat dinner........haven't tried that out.😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

We're three episodes in, very much enjoying it.

Looking forward to 'Moonflower Murders' .  I read the book a while ago.

According to goggle it's on PBS on 15th Sept, not sure when it's on in UK 

Thank you. I will check it out.
Hope you and Gary and grand babies are well and good. I haven't seen a post from you recently and was wondering what our British cousins were up to.😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Lovely and I'm sure yummy.  Happy to hear you and Pauline had a fabulous cruise.

I hope Sarah is well too.

+1 Graham  @grapau27

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good Morning Patti,  happy to hear are feeling much better and able to get around with only a cane.   That's Great news!

A $5 sale should be lots of fun.   Good luck😊

+1 Patti @Coralc

35 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Patti,
I am so happy to hear that you drove....that means great progress. Keep well. Good luck with the sales and wish yo a happy and stressless "moving in and settling down".

+1 Patti @Coralc

4 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Thank you. I will check it out.
Hope you and Gary and grand babies are well and good. I haven't seen a post from you recently and was wondering what our British cousins were up to.😁

+1 Sue @sgmn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Funny.  

When my stepdaughter moved home 2 1/2 years ago, it was supposed to be a temporary thing for 2-3 months so she left her cat with friends in Houston as she was going back. As that never happened, we went to get Lenoard. I was hesitant at first having been pet-free for many years, plus I was afraid I'd get stuck taking care of Lenoard so I stalled for a couple of months before eventually giving in. 

Anyways, Lenoard is pretty low maintenance & quickly became my best friend. Little Miss HBE4 wasted no time sharing this meme.🤣

images.jpg.1387178d49ac5d7918fa5e6828840d8b.jpg

This is the truest thing ever!

• Like 4

This time next week I'll be boarding Navigator.  It seems like forever since I've been on a cruise...

I can't wait...

Screenshot2024-09-13at8_47_19AM.thumb.png.911213b0b60d780b145f53457e964935.png

Had a great dinner last night at an El Salvadoran restaurant. It was one of the best Carne Asada's I have ever eaten... and I've eaten more than a few.  The view wasn't bad either.  The restaurant was just east of Dallas in Rockwall.

IMG_2365.thumb.jpeg.1f2c61c83a14236df6db64325d1b6116.jpeg

IMG_2364.thumb.jpeg.e3ab5e47a938a6c6fda7b7868dff2ecc.jpeg

• Like 21

Glorious weather here in Dallas area.  Low 90s, sunshine, 50% humidity.  Lunch with "the girls".  3 of my best TX friends, ending lunch at an outdoor Starbuck's,  (in the shade) maybe a little shopping at Sam Moon, an accessory paradise.  THIS is the weather I love.  And no, low 90s is not too hot for me.  My wish is that @dani negreanu our Dani, could have a carefree day like this with no worries except what size latte she'll have.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

This time next week I'll be boarding Navigator.  It seems like forever since I've been on a cruise...

I can't wait...

Screenshot2024-09-13at8_47_19AM.thumb.png.911213b0b60d780b145f53457e964935.png

Had a great dinner last night at an El Salvadoran restaurant. It was one of the best Carne Asada's I have ever eaten... and I've eaten more than a few.  The view wasn't bad either.  The restaurant was just east of Dallas in Rockwall.

IMG_2365.thumb.jpeg.1f2c61c83a14236df6db64325d1b6116.jpeg

IMG_2364.thumb.jpeg.e3ab5e47a938a6c6fda7b7868dff2ecc.jpeg

Gloria’s has a few locations in Dallas area , had a couple of margaritas there with Shelagh and some good friends last year. Love Navigator sailed her 3 times .

• Like 3