Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

My sister is up in your neck of the woods this weekend ( Misquamicut0 Doesn't look like she is having very good weather

It has been either pouring or drizzling all day with a wind blowing and not getting out of the forties.

Watching Hogan's Heroes and drinking some wine.

• Like 4

OK...suitcases packed...really stuffed!   Bucky's is coming in at 49 pounds....mine 51.  Might have to do a minor shuffle if they get snippy about it at baggage check.  I am the one with all the "must have" things for cooking packed.  Along with a favorite cutting board, some cooking utensils, spices....I also have  a couple of bags of grits (there is the 2 pounds! 😮 ).   Can never find those in Maine.  Yup, true southerner here I guess.  😉 

If they check my bag...will they think it is suspicious powder?  😄

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Ok Thanks for the idea.  Time to go out in the backyard and have a cocktail or 2

I am trying to wait until happy hour...need to keep going on buttoning up the house and final cleaning.  

We try to button it up like we are preparing for a hurricane...just in case we actually are.  😵 

Coming back mid September though...pretty much right at the middle of the peak of the hurricane season.  😮 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We both had pfizer and the only side effect I had was minor soreness at injection site.    Eric felt sluggish said it was like he had a hangover, fortunately we know how to deal with hangovers!

While I was moaning and griping about my second shot and feeling like I’d been dragged through a knot hole backwards, DW was fine, no signs of side effects at all. That is weird because if anyone is going to react to something then it’ll be her.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...suitcases packed...really stuffed!   Bucky's is coming in at 49 pounds....mine 51.  Might have to do a minor shuffle if they get snippy about it at baggage check.  I am the one with all the "must have" things for cooking packed.  Along with a favorite cutting board, some cooking utensils, spices....I also have  a couple of bags of grits (there is the 2 pounds! 😮 ).   Can never find those in Maine.  Yup, true southerner here I guess.  😉 

Send us pictures from your cell..................

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, George C said:

Pretty sure you are talking about Herreras , I went there several times when I moved to Dallas in 1982, I love byob and that was byob, I believe that location closed but others are still open. 

That’s probably it. Yes it was byob. 

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

Isn't that *hot* on your face? I think even the disposables are hot in the summer. Of course, it is whatever you are most comfortable wearing for your own safety. But we ditched the N95 masks after about 3 months (a little dizzy at the grocery store)  and went to cloth with a PM95 filter insert way back when. After June15, we will be mostly mask free. The Bay Area is about 73% vaccinated, plus all the recovered folks. 

They could be a little warm at times, but we bought a box and wanted to use most of them up. I also felt more comfortable using them. Now they will be used for spray painting and other types of such work. I won’t be wearing them again for covid. I’m sticking to my thin fabric ones when stores require them.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just so you know, it is 46 degrees here right now.😏

Yikes!!! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s probably it. Yes it was byob. 

In late 1980’s National Geographic had a issue on Dallas and on the cover was a picture of Harrares which I did find totally strange since in was a tiny restaurant.

44 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The top of the card deck is back on  his masks forever kick.

I was just thinking that I hadn’t seen him lately, but I haven’t been on the others threads to much. I’m curious why he chose the 2542 after the name Ace. It means something to me and no I’m not Ace.

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just take a heavy item out and put it in Bucky’s pockets. 😁

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Just shored up my parking and cat 🐱 sitting for Alaska cruise in August. It feels good to be preparing. 

image.png

Yes, it does...and then....even better once you are packed and closing the door to leave.  😉 

Alarm set for 4:30.  Now to just stress out all night trying to figure out if I have forgotten something!  😮 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Yes, it does...and then....even better once you are packed and closing the door to leave.  😉 

Alarm set for 4:30.  Now to just stress out all night trying to figure out if I have forgotten something!  😮 

There's always Walmart............Amazon...........you will be just fine!!!!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, George C said:

In late 1980’s National Geographic had a issue on Dallas and on the cover was a picture of Harrares which I did find totally strange since in was a tiny restaurant.

Definitely a tiny hole in the wall, but it was so good. I agree it would be strange that they picked Harrarea out of all the other places.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

There was one here in RI a few years ago. Never tried it and it didn’t last long. Maybe because we have so many legit local seafood restaurants - yet Olive Garden stays open, with all the good Italian restaurants we have 🤷🏻‍♀️

I went to a grand opening of a bonefish a few years agoEveryone at the restaurant that night was given a tee shirt.The food was awful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was just thinking that I hadn’t seen him lately, but I haven’t been on the others threads to much. I’m curious why he chose the 2542 after the name Ace. It means something to me and no I’m not Ace.

Just take a heavy item out and put it in Bucky’s pockets. 😁

LOL....I already made him take my CD's, DVDs, light jacket, and two paperback books in his personal carry on.  😄  He also has "his" CDs, DVDS, light jacket.....and two ridiculously heavy hard cover books in it as well.  😮 

But I have the baby laptop, paperwork, peanut butter bagels (breakfast!) and my little cross body bag in mine.  😉 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

There's always Walmart............Amazon...........you will be just fine!!!!!

I already have an order coming to the first house 2 days after we get there from Amazon.  Things I can't live without, and could not pack.   About half the shipment is.....wait for it....

wait for it.....

bird feeders!  🐦😄 

• Like 4

We went up to Gretna Green in Scotland today.

It was 77°F and sunny.

We visited the outlet mall then went to the Gretna village where a couple were getting married at the Old Blacksmiths shop.

We then went to a garden centre and had lunch there.

There was 4 gorgeous rabbits for sale at the garden centre.

IMG_20210529_120802.jpg

IMG_20210529_140203.jpg

IMG_20210529_120844.jpg

IMG_20210529_140248.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9