Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Good day to be inside here...yucky clammy drizzle cold outside.  But that's OK.

Planned for it, so I have a big pot of homemade Chili going with the country market ground beef (and local Marfax beans I made up yesterday).

Plus a crockpot full of chicken breasts topped with Cremini & Shiitake mushroom soup that we will have with red pots, and zucchini for dinner.  Not going hungry today!  😄 

Leftover chicken going into my homemade chicken veggie noodle soup tomorrow.  😋

20210704_104135.jpg

Looks delish! 

We like chicken salad made with chicken from my chicken soup. So flavorful.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Looks delish! 

We like chicken salad made with chicken from my chicken soup. So flavorful.

Me too!  Chicken salad, chicken wraps (taking some for hiking picnic this week), and chicken soup are planned for the chicken in my crockpot right now.  Besides initial dinner.  😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

So far the rain has not appeared and at 15.12pm it is 62°F and sunny.

We have had home made soup for lunch and are sitting in the garden.

IMG_20210704_150312.jpg

It just started to rain as we were parked at the beach at 17.30pm.

IMG_20210704_173103.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Photos!

And yes, two bathrooms make any accommodations better. 
I’m always happy for anyone who has a suite!

Our main bathroom is bigger than most cabins , divided into 4 areas , huge jacuzzi with ocean view, huge shower , sink area and then toilet. 

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, George C said:

Our main bathroom is bigger than most cabins , divided into 4 areas , huge jacuzzi with ocean view, huge shower , sink area and then toilet. 

Huge jacuzzi with ocean view?

I’d be so pruny by the end of the cruise I’d look fifty years older!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My daughter invited me over for lunch.  She had a big bottle of Chick-fil-a sauce.  She said she had it to dip the fries in. Lol, I thought about all of all the fries dippin post on here.  I even dipped steamed broccoli in it. 😋 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So far today I’ve made potato salad, deviled eggs, cut up vegetables for a veggie & dip tray and made the dip, made a lemon chiffon dessert, cut watermelon wedges which I’ll insert popsicle sticks for the little kids, and made homemade salsa. I think I’ve earned a glass of wine! 
Still have to put chicken in brine but that’ll be after said wine.

Hubby is grilling porterhouse steaks tonight. I might muster the energy to throw some baked potatoes in the oven.  Thankfully the sun is coming out for our cookout tomorrow. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

So far today I’ve made potato salad, deviled eggs, cut up vegetables for a veggie & dip tray and made the dip, made a lemon chiffon dessert, cut watermelon wedges which I’ll insert popsicle sticks for the little kids, and made homemade salsa. I think I’ve earned a glass of wine! 
Still have to put chicken in brine but that’ll be after said wine.

Hubby is grilling porterhouse steaks tonight. I might muster the energy to throw some baked potatoes in the oven.  Thankfully the sun is coming out for our cookout tomorrow. 

Perfect spread and I love the idea of popsicle sticks for the little kids.

@A&L_OntAndrew's lemon chicken with rice recipe is in the oven and smells soooo good.  Some steamed broccoli will work well but I sure wish I had some of that lemon chiffon dessert mentioned above to tie it all together!   Glad I saved the recipe.  I don't recall if it was posted in here or on Bella's thread.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@A&L_OntAndrew's lemon chicken with rice recipe is in the oven and smells soooo good.  Some steamed broccoli will work well but I sure wish I had some of that lemon chiffon dessert mentioned above to tie it all together!   Glad I saved the recipe.  I don't recall if it was posted in here or on Bella's thread.

Here:😁

@A&L_Ont

The Recipe is found at the link below. 

https://www.yum-o.org/recipe/winner-winner-chicken-dinner/

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Here:😁

@A&L_Ont

The Recipe is found at the link below. 

https://www.yum-o.org/recipe/winner-winner-chicken-dinner/

Thanks for the clarification, Dani. 

@A&L_OntIt came out delicious!  So glad we have left over for tomorrow. Love that lemony taste. 

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Michelle lived in the “D” building.

My sister knew a Barbara Klein.  Michelle not familiar to either of us, My sister remembers an Eleanor or Evelyn Ab......very well.  That's the name I wasn't familiar with from the other thread..  My sister graduated Seward 3 years ahead of me. 

Hope you enjoyed the party.

47 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So me and the spouse finished our tasks about the same time. Chillin on the deck. Drinking rum and Diet Coke. Just a few. Dinner is steak salad and corn. 

844007BD-707D-4191-B80F-C41A85D78755.jpeg

Very tasty looking.  I miss the NJ grown corn we used to buy at farmer's markets when we lived in NY.  So sweet it tasted like it was cooked in sugar.  

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1