Royal Customer Services - What a joke

13 hours ago, JT1962 said:

We expect our May 27 cruise to be canceled and will be requesting a refund online. I would rather have the money and choose which cruise line and when my next cruise will be rather than being locked into one cruise line and a specific time frame. Too many unknowns at this point.

Royal will wait for the last possible minute to cancel more cruises. They are hoping more people get scared and cancel on their own so they don't have to produce full refunds.......that's been clear so far. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

Yes there is global event but that doesn't meant I should need to mess about on a phone for over 10 hours getting told wrong information and passed about everywhere just to get my refund 

My husband used to call it "customer circus".😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Royal will wait for the last possible minute to cancel more cruises. They are hoping more people get scared and cancel on their own so they don't have to produce full refunds.......that's been clear so far. 

It’s not clear at all-the last round of cancellations were announced many weeks in advance; and I am sure by now EVERYONE knows not to cancel first-the consumer has the upper hand now 

Edited by not-enough-cruising

20 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It’s not clear at all-the last round of cancellations were announced many weeks in advance; and I am sure by now EVERYONE knows not to cancel first-the consumer has the upper hand now 

No we don't RC will withhold the refund for as long as they can .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DaiC01 said:

No we don't RC will withhold the refund for as long as they can .

They are issuing refunds on your sail date, that’s not holding on “as long as they can”

”Holding on as long as they can” would be to. Or offer refunds and force you into a future credit situation like some other lines have. 

Why are they doing that then if not holding on to the money for as long as the can.

Why haven't the returned the money from the planner, up until all this happened I could get a refund from that system within 7 to 10 day, I cancelled my packages the day before RC canceled the cruise.

Stop apologising for them , don't worry your loyalty / status point will be safe 

• Like 1

I asked for a refund after they cancelled my cruise.  I’ve received my extra purchases back.  Hoping for a refund about the time the cruise would have been taken which is still 3 weeks away.  I’d like to book another cruise....but no way until they return my money to me.  I’d be nice if they were more transparent and say when they will refund.  

Spending 10 hours on the phone is ridiculous, I’d be angry too.  

It it took me 10 minutes but I did not get any email confirmation except for the shore excursions that I’ve been refunded for.  

How royal handles all this determines their future at least with past customers.  I truly hope they survive as I want to get on the ocean again.  While understanding this is a huge unprecedented blow to the company that no one prepared for, their customers need to be dealt with as fairly as possible.  

I didn’t consider the FCC as they made it hard to use.  If they had refunded it evenly I would have taken it.  It would have taken 3 cruises for the DH to use all his on our future booked cruises.  That’s just too many hoops to jump through for little in return. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

They are issuing refunds on your sail date, that’s not holding on “as long as they can”

”Holding on as long as they can” would be to. Or offer refunds and force you into a future credit situation like some other lines have. 

Nope. Lots of people still waiting on refunds from end of March and early April sailings. Royal is definitely holding on to the money as long as they can.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The last round of cancellations were made AFTER borders were already shut down lol. Come on now, we all like cruising but the fact is that Royal is playing games now. As of right now Royal is claiming that cruising will commence on May 12 LMAO...... Royal knows full well that there won't be any cruising for many months still......

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

The last round of cancellations were made AFTER borders were already shut down lol. Come on now, we all like cruising but the fact is that Royal is playing games now. As of right now Royal is claiming that cruising will commence on May 12 LMAO...... Royal knows full well that there won't be any cruising for many months still......

What borders are closed?

Our cruise was also canceled and it was supposed to sail this coming weekend (April 12th).  I went through the link provided to cancel my cruise because I was scared to speak to a live person just for these reasons.  I have had issues in the past before a pandemic where one person tells you one thing and another person tells you something else.  However, this is not isolated to just RCI, this is big corps customer service across the board.  DirecTV ranks number #1 on my list, but that's another subject (lol).  OP, I'm sorry for your frustrations..all of us have heard the same stories as yourself.  Some have been reimbursed, some have been told 30 days, 60 days, and 90 days.  All we can hope is that they have some system now in place so that we all can start seeing our money refunded.  If not, it will be hard to get many of us back on board.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RKHOOKER said:

Royal must be in deep financial problems considering they had a 2.2 billion dollar cash injection last month.  If I was in charge of Royal, the first thing I would do is look after the current customers who have paid with their after tax dollars & have financed Royal some up to 18 months in advance, & refund their cash without delay!  Also, I would offer a 200% Future Cruise Credit, a 125% FCC won’t cover the cost of the exact same cruise next year.  Maybe by offering a 200% FCC more people will not want a cash refund, hence, Royal has extra cash.  Heads need to roll at Royal as there is absolutely no excuse not to refund the customer within 7 days.  The only excuse, the quicker we refund the customer the quicker we go bankrupt.

Captain Obvious

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Why are they doing that then if not holding on to the money for as long as the can.

Why haven't the returned the money from the planner, up until all this happened I could get a refund from that system within 7 to 10 day, I cancelled my packages the day before RC canceled the cruise.

Stop apologising for them , don't worry your loyalty / status point will be safe 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaiC01 said:

Not apologizing for them, I see nothing thing to apologize for.  I’m just trying to get everyone to see that the corporations as well as the individuals are all operating under a different definition of normal. Comparing the process today to the process of last month does nothing but cause one agitation. 

I am self employed and in health care (talk about a double whammy right now), I need my refund as bad as anyone else, but we have to look at the situation through the lens of realism. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

Seriously, people are dropping like flies over here, and the rest of us are freaked out.

At RCCL it's PEOPLE that are handling the exceptions, with no real processes to go by, working from home, worried about COVID19, worried about unemployment.

Give them a chance, or two, or three.

This is NOT business as usual.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, grandpaper said:

Customer Service in any industry during the pandemic is going to be uneven..   Lots of people are home sheltering in place and not working.  You will get your refunds or fcc.  Anyway where are you going in such a hurry that you need this to be done now.  Patience please with whoever you deal with for a few more weeks.

That has been my experience lately.   everyone is swamped

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

It seems customer service is a bit hit and miss these days as a result of the pandemic.

Understandably.  My personal heroes for customer service are the men and women delivering my groceries. Plus, the 2 times a month I go to Costco, those people are AMAZING.  Talk about all about their customers!!

• Like 1