NSW Social Distancing

2 minutes ago, Pushka said:

There may never be a vaccine. I think that the statement needs to be withdrawn. 

If no vaccine is found we will have to rely on herd immunity , just like civilisations in the past that have come and gone .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

If no vaccine is found we will have to rely on herd immunity , just like civilisations in the past that have come and gone .

That is it indeed. Which means a gradual introduction of the virus, at a very very controlled rate so that we don't overwhelm the health system. The social distancing policy is designed to protect our health system from collapse. 

We are starting to clamp Covid down, now we have to manage it. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

It's a bit early to plan for alternatives given the vaccine work underway. 

That doesn't mean a vaccine will be found, but we're not at the stage to say what decisions will be taken as the spread is managed.

7 hours ago, Pushka said:

That is it indeed. Which means a gradual introduction of the virus, at a very very controlled rate so that we don't overwhelm the health system. The social distancing policy is designed to protect our health system from collapse. 

We are starting to clamp Covid down, now we have to manage it. 

If a certain element in the community keeps going on the way they are, managing it will be like herding cats. Why some idiots can't take this seriously defies belief.

• Like 2

Just now, Russell21 said:

If a certain element in the community keeps going on the way they are, managing it will be like herding cats. Why some idiots can't take this seriously defies belief.

You should see it down here in Batemans Bay, plenty of tourists and no enforcement.  All the locals are staying home, fearful.

2 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

It's a bit early to plan for alternatives given the vaccine work underway. 

That doesn't mean a vaccine will be found, but we're not at the stage to say what decisions will be taken as the spread is managed.

At the least, that's a year away. Australian economy will be worthless by then. 

7 hours ago, cruiselover53 said:

The NSW Premier has just announced social distancing is here to stay until a vaccine is found. Doesn't look good for cruising to start up in the short term in NSW. 

I wonder how to keep social distancing on board of the cruiser lol. Unless you stay in your cabin for the rest of the cruise. Also, the social distancing wont really help. I would rather stay way from people in general and not visit any of the crowded places and stores. These days you can get almost everything you need online. As far as social distancing go, well, you have to keep it always no matter whether or not there is a pandemic 

11 hours ago, cruiselover53 said:

The NSW Premier has just announced social distancing is here to stay until a vaccine is found. Doesn't look good for cruising to start up in the short term in NSW. 

What a silly statement to make at this time. 12-18 mths at least until a vaccine. The economy will be well and truly trashed by then. People will just give up trying to comply in the meantime. Seems a very short sighted thing to say. Not designed to give hope or have the population that feel that this is being done with regular peoples best interests in mind.  Or that there is a "plan".

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 8:14 AM, cruiselover53 said:

I think she is grandstanding, there is too much money at stake for the NSW Government for them to say broad statements like this.

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I think she is grandstanding, there is too much money at stake for the NSW Government for them to say broad statements like this.

But today she's saying there is a relaxation in the future. Have no idea where her mind is. I suspect she doesn't either. 

10 hours ago, Pushka said:

But today she's saying there is a relaxation in the future. Have no idea where her mind is. I suspect she doesn't either. 

Would anyone in her position, with no precedent to fall back on? They are all playing it by the ear.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Would anyone in her position, with no precedent to fall back on? They are all playing it by the ear.

Of course not. That's why the prudent thing I'd expect a Premier or PM to say is - for the foreseeable future. Not specify an actual event, like a vaccine that may never happen and then what?  Then the next day, act like that was never said and then pronounce that there will be a relaxation. We know they are in unchartered waters, anything that she says confirms that. Just say nothing!

Edited by Pushka

On 4/7/2020 at 8:14 AM, cruiselover53 said:

Then she says the rules could be relaxed in May.  What is going on with this woman? 

Edited by NSWP

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Or do what Trump does and just say a lot of nothing. never gives any detail about anything at all just that it is a huge issue and they will look into it, never committing to fix it.

And I recollect Donald T saying two weeks ago, it will be all over by Easter !!!  He forgot the year...2021.

15 hours ago, Pushka said:

A stupid statement and that is being kind.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Or do what Trump does and just say a lot of nothing. never gives any detail about anything at all just that it is a huge issue and they will look into it, never committing to fix it.

Absolute idiot who  called the virus a democratic hoax...do nothing..knows nothing..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Should have said that Obama created the virus and then Trump would have had it fixed in weeks.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Should have said that Obama created the virus and then Trump would have had it fixed in weeks.

Didn't vote for either of them..not qualified...lol