CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Shows there is no logic to the refund process, as many of us here are waiting for refunds from March and early April.

No logic whatsoever.  Why are they paying late April when they have not paid out for March and early April.

I will believe that they will refund when it is back in my card and not before.

That's the same cruise as mine, J003 April 26th, so we will see.  Good news.  Only mine will be a cheque.  Perhaps they have some working on refunding to credit cards - those who paid direct - and others who are issuing cheques, because people paid Travel Agents.

I believe my refund was agreed on March 15th with the lady from Paul Ludlow's office.  So let's see.

Edited by jeanlyon

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

I understand that. However, if that is how it works, in order for you to get your full £3,000 back, from a combination of P&O and the agent, the agent is giving you their commission back to make up the full amount you paid, which means they earn nothing from the deal. I can’t see them being happy with that. Mind you, I would not be happy with P&O giving you the full £3000 and the agent, who you chose to use instead of P&O direct, their £230.70. That would leave P&O out of pocket.

I could care not a jot if my travel agent is not happy to give me back my money.  I paid them to go on a cruise.  Through no fault of my own the cruise was cancelled.  There is no way I should be out of pocket and have to pay for something I didn't get.  The business model between the agent and the cruise line is their business not mine.

Edited by Dinglebert

15 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

yes agree, but P&O will only pay me back for the money they received which is fair.  My TA has already told me he will refund me the remainder once we know my final amount from P&O.

agree.  I would not expect P+O to pay me money they did not get.

34 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

I have received an e-mail advising that my refund has been actioned for cruise J003 26th April.

Money returned to my credit card account for deposit and my debit card account for the balance.

The E-mail also shows the Authorising code for the return.

This was then followed up by a telephone call from the person that contacted me on Friday.

So there on the way folks.

I cancelled this cruise on the 14th March via e-mail

32 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Shows there is no logic to the refund process, as many of us here are waiting for refunds from March and early April.

The key date is when the refund was requested not the date of the cruise.

March 14th  was an early request 

35 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

I have received an e-mail advising that my refund has been actioned for cruise J003 26th April.

Money returned to my credit card account for deposit and my debit card account for the balance.

This was then followed up by a telephone call from the person that contacted me on Friday.

34 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Meant also to say this gives me hope for my March 16th request 

7 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Meant also to say this gives me hope for my March 16th request 

Which is why I added the cancel date, gives more clarity

20 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Not what P&O are stating on other media.

March 16th was the first major cancellation date and so far I have only seen 1 person saying they have a refund from that date.

17 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

My TA has just told me that P&O will refund me what I paid them. I'll let you all know.

Some TAs are attached to P&O so your payment is always made to P&O.  Others are not, so you pay them into their Client account.

Agree with person above, it's the date of cancellation that is important.  mine was March 15th.

13 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Some TAs are attached to P&O so your payment is always made to P&O.  Others are not, so you pay them into their Client account.

Agree with person above, it's the date of cancellation that is important.  mine was March 15th.

P&O say our cancellation date was March14th for our March 20th cruise but now say Cancellation charges were removed April1st and that date is when the up to 60 days starts.

So now day 33

Not day 51.

Edited by grapau27

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

P&O say our cancellation date was March14th for our March 20th cruise but now say Cancellation charges were removed April1st and that date is when the up to 60 days starts.

I do not fully understand this?

We cancelled on the 14th March via e-mail, as  we were in the, at risk group, and were following the government guidelines. This was in response to the first notification from P&O. I think dated 13th March

I think there was a second notification on the 19th March which moved the goal posts.

My cancellation was subject to providing proof of underlining medical conditions.

The proof that I provided, were copies of my insurance policy, detailing those conditions that I had extra cover for, which clearly put us in the at risk group.

I think that at the time of my cancellation we were advised 45 days, mine actually took 52 to be advised, although the e-mail said it was actioned on the 1st May which would be 49 days

Later cancellations were I understand being quoted 60 days.

Someone then muddied the water by adding was this 60 working week days.

The reason that I have given all this information is for clarity purposes only

Edited by mercury7289
correction
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

I do not fully understand this?

We cancelled on the 14th March via e-mail, as  we were in the, at risk group, and were following the government guidelines. This was in response to the first notification from P&O. I think dated 13th March

I think there was a second notification on the 19th March which moved the goal posts.

My cancellation was subject to providing proof of underlining medical conditions.

The proof that I provided, were copies of my insurance policy, detailing those conditions that I had extra cover for, which clearly put us in the at risk group.

I think that at the time of my cancellation we were advised 45 days, mine actually took 52 to be advised, although the e-mail said it was actioned on the 1st May which would be 49 days

Later cancellations were I understand being quoted 60 days.

Someone then muddied the water by adding was this 60 working week days.

The reason that I have given all this information is for clarity purposes only

Sounds very similar.

Proof of health issue(heart attack) was asked and provided on March 18th by email to the customer relations rep.

On April 1st the same customer relations rep said our cancellation charges had been removed??

April 21st she emailed saying we would get a cheque direct.

This morning she emailed reaffirming the amount but as Cancellation charge was removed on April 1st it would take up to 60 days from that date.

Frustrated is putting it mildly.

Has your refund gone into your bank?

I'm pleased for you if it has.

Graham.

Thought I'd add my little scenario...

Two weeks before balance due date I cancelled online and requested transfer of the deposit as FCC, as per the revised covid  terms and conditions.... but, two weeks later, the balance was nonetheless taken by the auto system and charged to my credit card.

I phoned P&O and an adviser emailed the Finance Dept to action a refund. I have received the cancellation invoice, but have heard nothing more and received no refund to the card, with the result that the not insignificant amount of over £2000 is now due for payment.

Whilst understanding the issues on refunds, my grouse is that this sum should not have been taken in the first place and I should not be made to wait the 45/60/90 days being quoted at the moment.

The CC has suspended the payment for 28 days and then we can instigate a disputed payment process.

Could have done without this 😞

Edited by Scriv

2 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Many congratulations mercury7289 on being the third person to receive a refund and, having met you, I know that you are not a plant! Let’s hope that this is the start of a flood or maybe they will just prioritise those who have chased them. I haven’t chased them myself so suspect that mine may still be some time off, but as long as I know that they have started paying out then I’m fairly relaxed. Lets hope that today marks the turning point and people will post good news every day from now on. Well done on getting a result though. I’m very pleased for you. 

Edit - Just noticed in your latest post that you applied for your refund in that narrow window (13th to 18th March) when those over 70 or with underlying conditions could cancel. This was also the case with at least one of the other two who have received refunds. I have no issue with those folks being treated as a priority but just hope that it doesn’t stop there! It will be encouraging when we hear of others who cancelled after 19th March under the revised (again) T’s and C’s getting their refunds. Tomorrow is another day!

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 2

Very pleased to hear of another refund coming through. I would never have thought it would take over 900 replies before reading of this.

By the way I am not a plant either though of course some people would suggest that I would say that anyway.

• Like 3

Cancelled my booking with HIE for pre cruise night stay on 6th April was told that I would receive refund within 14 days now being told the hotel is shut due to COVID-19 and they will start to deal with refunds hopefully on 15th May.

At the beginning of April we had a number of refunds outstanding for travel, accommodation, theatres and cruises,

Situation as at today

Complete

Car Hire in France - refunded within 24 hrs

Hotel in Grenoble - refunded within 48 hrs

Chalet in French Ski resort - refunded in 10 days

Jet2 flights to Grenoble & return - refunded in 28 days

3 Theatre trips - refunded within 7 days

Airport Car Parking for 7 May Flight - refunded within 7 days

Outstanding

P&O Cruises - 37 days and waiting

seems the bigger the company the worse they are in getting a refund to you.