CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

43 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Quick question re future cruises. I haven’t spent very much time at all looking at future cruises, as we won’t be booking any until we are vaccinated, but I have looked at a few out of curiosity and every one I have looked at only gives prices for ‘Early Savers’. We only book ‘Select’, as we want specific cabins and wouldn’t run the risk of the ‘leftovers’ or ending up with Club dining (as we like Freedom). Am I missing something? Are Select fares widely available on future cruises or, if you continue to the booking stage are you able to confirm exact cabin and dining with Early Savers?

Once you start selecting a particular cabin type, and start the booking process you then normally see the two fare types.

45 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Quick question re future cruises. I haven’t spent very much time at all looking at future cruises, as we won’t be booking any until we are vaccinated, but I have looked at a few out of curiosity and every one I have looked at only gives prices for ‘Early Savers’. We only book ‘Select’, as we want specific cabins and wouldn’t run the risk of the ‘leftovers’ or ending up with Club dining (as we like Freedom). Am I missing something? Are Select fares widely available on future cruises or, if you continue to the booking stage are you able to confirm exact cabin and dining with Early Savers?

Select fares are widely available on any cruises I have looked at. If you're looking at P&O's website you have to go quite a way into a dummy booking to come across  Select fares. I use a TA's website which shows saver and select prices across all grades without having to start a booking (referred on here as Janet)

Edited by kenhem

16 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I am rather enjoying all this gnashing of teeth and sabre rattling from everyone waiting for a refund. Glad I decided early to leave the money with P&O and put it against a future cruise, before the prices went up, although I think Iona winter cruises are about the same as they were before the pandemic hit.

Unfortunately I was in the unusual position for me of having two more cruises booked already so refund seemed the easiest option at the time.

I was looking at a page on FB yesterday called Cruise Refunds.  One person said over there she is waiting on a refund from Royal Caribbean and apparently 90 days is quite legal over there.  She is taking it up with her credit card company.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Once you start selecting a particular cabin type, and start the booking process you then normally see the two fare types.

Yes it would be confusing if you were new to P&O! They automatically select your cabin then you have to click on ‘I want to choose my cabin’

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I was looking at a page on FB yesterday called Cruise Refunds.  One person said over there she is waiting on a refund from Royal Caribbean and apparently 90 days is quite legal over there.  She is taking it up with her credit card company.

I suppose " over there" would change depending which way you were looking. Could be either Dorset, or Cornwall.😁

1 hour ago, Manx buoy said:

FCC can be used for existing bookings as long as you upgrade cabin

Now that's interesting. We normally only manage one cruise a year because of other commitments. We have one already booked for October 2021 so could upgrade to a suite. Worth looking into when/if November's cruise is cancelled. 

Avril 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But in the particular case  I am talking about, the FCC could be used against an existing booking. No cabin upgrade or change of any type.

Yes if you complain to guest services enough times and have quite a few cruises already booked they will agree that you can use your FCC on an existing booking. 

This  News unfortunately came far too late for us after we were repeatedly told No we couldnt do it , we had no choice but to cancel an existing booking in order to make a new  booking to simply use the FCC.

Just seen on another forum that a passenger has received an email from P&O today saying they will receive a BACS payment within 3 days for their cancelled March 28th cruise... 

Hopefully the start of some good news.. 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just seen on another forum that a passenger has received an email from P&O today saying they will receive a BACS payment within 3 days for their cancelled March 28th cruise... 

Andy 

They must have booked direct with P&O or are a plant.

Good news if true although a few of us on here had cruises before that date and heard nothing.

That sounds like it could be Britannia's TA.  Just worked that out. That's 

only 5 weeks. It can't be right surely? Not when we're being told 60 days. Maybe it's one of the hardship cases mentioned previously 

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
Added text
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cruising Nomads said:

You can use your FCC on a cruise already booked but it can only be used for an upgrade. The price of the upgrade is worked out at the time of the original booking. 

No,as has been said, it now seems possible to use your FCC against an existing booking.

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No,as has been said, it now seems possible to use your FCC against an existing booking.

Probably best to wait for an official announcement from P&O. If there isn’t one, probably best to treat this reference to ‘change of policy’ as the sort of rubbish some people spout on some other social media platforms. As others have said, FCC can be used to upgrade an already booked cruise or to book another cabin for family and/or friends on a cruise you are already booked on.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

They must have booked direct with P&O or are a plant.

Good news if true although a few of us on here had cruises before that date and heard nothing.

She was posting before and moaning like the rest of us, so don't think she is a plant... 

She had booked direct. 

Andy 

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

That sounds like it could be Britannia's TA.  Just worked that out. That's 

only 5 weeks. It can't be right surely? Not when we're being told 60 days. Maybe it's one of the hardship cases mentioned previously 

Avril 

Could be a hardship case, but bearing in mind she hasn't received it yet... 

She was threatening legal action and shouting loudly prior to this alleged email.. 

Only reporting what was seen elsewhere... 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

She was posting before and moaning like the rest of us, so don't think she is a plant... 

She had booked direct. 

Andy 

Thanks.

P&O will have her bank details so sending a Bacs would be the quickest and safest way.

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Could be a hardship case, but bearing in mind she hasn't received it yet... 

She was threatening legal action and shouting loudly prior to this alleged email.. 

Only reporting what was seen elsewhere... 

Andy 

Always welcome to hear your valuable feedback Andy.

I only post on CC and TripAdvisor so your information is good to hear.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Unfortunately I was in the unusual position for me of having two more cruises booked already so refund seemed the easiest option at the time.

So was I, but I bit the bullet and cancelled one by transferring the existing cruise to one I had already booked.  P&O even took the deposit for that and converted it into a FCC which was also used as part of the new booking and,  although the new price was higher, it was offset by a much larger OBC offer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

What forum Andy?  FB or CC?  Do we know this person?

Just to clarify the issue about using FCC on an existing cruise. I have just read that the person in question already has 6 cruises booked, and  P&O felt that it was unreasonable to expect them to use FCC to book yet another cruise, hence the decision to allow the FCC to be used against existing bookings. 

Some common sense from P&O for once.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just to clarify the issue about using FCC on an existing cruise. I have just read that the person in question already has 6 cruises booked, and  P&O felt that it was unreasonable to expect them to use FCC to book yet another cruise, hence the decision to allow the FCC to be used against existing bookings. 

Some common sense from P&O for once.

That’s good to know we’ve still got another 5 booked yet might be worth a try for the ones next year