CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

My husband who is an accountant, says that is absolute BS.  It's another delaying tactic.  I am at Day 62 today.

My SIL, also an accountant says the same.

Avril 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Tiebreaker round:

What percentage of overall refund demands have P&O paid out against in the 2020/21 financial year?

No Syndicate could get that right!!

I will win.. 

I will have molecrochip coughing in the background... 😊

Andy 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Not disagreeing, just wonder how many people took the opportunity to cancel for a full refund, when offered on the 13th March, and before this was changed on the 19th March, which gave those over 70 and those with underlying heath conditions the chance to do so. This was offered on all cruises up to the 1st September.

I cancelled on 12th March due to being over 70 and hubby with conditions.  Not received anything yet.

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I cancelled on 12th March due to being over 70 and hubby with conditions.  Not received anything yet.

We got a notification today to say our refund had been proccessed yesterday, wonder how long it will be before the money actually reaches the relevant accounts. We were due on the 11 April Aurora cruise

Edited by Elaine0138

Just now, Elaine0138 said:

We got a notification today to say our refund had been proccessed yesterday, wonder how long it will be before the money actually reaches the relevant accounts

That's positive, thanks for letting everyone know.  When did you cancel and when were you supposed to travel?

Just now, jeanlyon said:

Jean,

You have previously posted that you cancelled a day before, this P&O offer, and that you did so though your passionate Welsh T/A.

You should therefore IMHO be pulling his leeks!

7 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

That's positive, thanks for letting everyone know.  When did you cancel and when were you supposed to travel?

It was around the end of March we put our claim in  We were due out on Aurora on 11 April. R006

1 minute ago, Elaine0138 said:

It was around the end of March we put our claim in  We were due out on Aurora on 11 April. R006

Thanks very much for this. 

A number of people on here have passed 60 days of waiting having cancelled in mid-March, a few earlier than that.  So it would appear that you experience of waiting for the refund, as delayed as it is, is ahead of average. 

Keep pushing them now you are towards the top of the queue - good luck and hope all confirmed shortly.

16 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Jean,

You have previously posted that you cancelled a day before, this P&O offer, and that you did so though your passionate Welsh T/A.

You should therefore IMHO be pulling his leeks!

I cancelled on 12th March directly the the lady from Ludlow's office.  It didn't involve my TA.  I was also told recently on the phone that they are doing them in cruise order 😞  The lady I was dealing with Helen Lamb now doesn't answer emails.

Edited by jeanlyon

1 hour ago, emam said:

Out of interest what puts you off cruising with those companies. We have only been with P&O and once with Celebrity. What is it that particularly puts you off. I'm not picking just curious.

To be honest, most of my dislikes are purely personal opinions,  picked up from talking to fellow cruisers,  reading reviews, etc and in certain cases (like TUI), just downright prejudice. 

Which is why it is good to get replies from people such as Graham and Pete, with their own experiences,  pointing out the error of some of my judgements. I especially value those that have been on various cruise lines, as those people have a proper frame of reference, as compared to those who have only ever sailed on P&O. 

Just now, jeanlyon said:

I cancelled on 12th March directly the the lady from Ludlow's office.  It didn't involve my TA.

I take it then, that the Lady you refer to was  Helen Lambe?

If that is the case, in your situation I would be e-mailing her, on the hour every hour.

No need to be rude though, just pointed, Whats happening I have not heard from you, then bump every hour.

Been lurking for a while but joined to say cancelled Ventura sailing 17 March. Day 57 here despite being told 45 days. When we queried it, we were told it had gone up to 60 days.  I feel at 60 days they will just tell us it has gone up to 90.

Unsure if I ever want to entrust my hard earned cash to P&O again. We are relatively new to cruising and have only done P&O so far. Not sure if any other line is as affordable for us. Its put us off all of the Carnival lines. Unless that money turns.up in our bank account.very soon

• Like 3

I cancelled on 16/3 due to underlying health condition & supplied med evidence with my email. I got the standard email reply one minute later then on 28/3 I received a cancellation invoice then nothing since.

I telephoned this morning & spoke to a lovely lady who was giving me the usual “there are lots of people requesting refunds it will be paid within 60 days” etc etc. I asked to speak to her line manager and was put on hold for a while. As a result it has been escalated to guest services and I should have a refund by Monday - we will see!!!

She told me they were working remotely and working Saturday & Sunday 

Michelle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I cancelled on 16/3 due to underlying health condition & supplied med evidence with my email. I got the standard email reply one minute later then on 28/3 I received a cancellation invoice then nothing since.

I telephoned this morning & spoke to a lovely lady who was giving me the usual “there are lots of people requesting refunds it will be paid within 60 days” etc etc. I asked to speak to her line manager and was put on hold for a while. As a result it has been escalated to guest services and I should have a refund by Monday - we will see!!!

She told me they were working remotely and working Saturday & Sunday 

Michelle

What number did you use?

41 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My SIL, also an accountant says the same.

Avril 

I am also an accountant and have to disagree with both.

Unless you work for P & O (or you are part of the audit team from their accountants) you will not know what their refund policies are and what process they have to go through. It is feasible that they have to go through an audit process and that is why there is an additional delay. What you have to remember is that P & O will probably issue very few refunds in any normal month but now they are faced with thousands.

I am not by the way defending them, I am speaking from experience. I used to work for a company that was ultimately owned by a listed company in the US. We had payment limits locally and if it exceeded this limit it had to be approved by the UK MD. If it was above his limit then it had to be approved in the US. The limits for the size of company we were weren't significant but the process could not be bypassed for any reason. We even had to have job vacancies signed off by the US when they wouldn't have a clue about the business but they relied upon the process it had gone through. The vacancy was not authorised unless it was fully signed.

What I am saying is it may be true but it may also be a stalling tactic nobody knows.

For the record, I paid my balance for my August cruise just over a week ago so I keep an eye on this thread in any case.  

• Like 2