CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

6 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

There is also the example of those organisations who are paying out in a fairly reasonable period of time to show up those who are dragging their heels. We have had our money back from every other cruise/ holiday / hotel / car park with the exception of P&O.

My wife was going skiing in France at Easter, but when resorts closed down, her Jet2 flights were cancelled. Jet2 refunded flight costs within 30 days, the hotel my wife was staying in in France refunded money back within 48 hours, the French car hire Company within 24 hrs and resort apartment within the required 14 calendar days. We have had 3 lots of theatre tickets refunded after productions we cancelled,  so the only refund we are waiting for is from P&O we 

are currently at day 44 on that refund, only 16 to go!! 

We found that apart from Jet2 all the others were done at the click of a few keys on keyboard, certainly the case with the 3 French companies who did the refunds there and then on the phone. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Graham, were you not waiting for a cheque because you booked throuogh a TA, or am I thinking of someone else?

Hi Jean.

Yes but I got an email from guest relations team leader last night saying as I booked through a TA can I forward bank details and proof of how much we paid them and it would be refunded through Bacs within 7 working days.

Day 60 today.

Edited by grapau27

Just now, jeanlyon said:

Yes |I'm on there, but can only find one lady with a refund and no dates or anything.

If it's the same person then another person asks her if she cancelled before or after the P&O pause and susses out that the lady cancelled herself on 8th March, so was refunded day 65. 

Sorry to hear that, a few days behind you at Day 58 buy not expecting anything immediately.

In terms of the comment on FB, you are looking at the thread started by P&O on 23/4 and then the replies given initially by P&O (which other people tack on to). 

Search for the trail underneath the lady with a first name that is shorthand for Rebecca and second name begins with the letter I.  The comment you are looking for comes from a passenger with initials HT.  I would copy it but not sure if that's allowed?  Hopefully not broken any rules there 🙂

Yes I saw that too - strange.  

From what little amount of refunds are actually happening, there appears to be no logic to who is getting them (i.e. not in date order, not direct bookings like my own over TA, not even based on how you are paid either).

It also appears that the people who have got seriously angry with P&O fare just as badly.

Yes, but I've also seen people who cancelled after me be refunded too unless I've miscalculated the dates.  I have given up on believing that there is a logical system too.

One unfortunate thing that I have noticed is that whoever answers for P&O on FB and to tweets seems to have gone very quiet since the start of this week. 

They are probably affected by the staffing announcement, which is difficult for all the staff, but there must be a few thousand passengers at least this week passing day 60. 

I hope that the silence is not more stonewalling.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

It also appears that the people who have got seriously angry with P&O fare just as badly.

Although only a handful of people on here have received refunds so far, most had been chasing P&O. Not enough people to be a truly representative sample, but there does seem to be some merit in chasing them if the experiences shared on here are anything to go by. 

Unfortunately a couple of people on other media are now suggesting that P&O are quoting 90 days for refunds. Don’t take that as gospel, it could just be people making mischief.

It does however chime with the fact that several people on here are already over the 60 days and a by the end of this week many more will be added to over that waiting period.

1 hour ago, No pager thank you said:

You can find it by searching through the list of comments towards the top of the cruise suspension thread with the video.

The comments were posted early this morning, hope that helps you.

Yes search by 'Newest' -  it was about 6 Hrs ago now at the end of a long thread of 27 comments.

Just now, Windsurfboy said:

Cunard /P&O have announced 450 redundancies  sorry for the staff, ut also sorry for all of us awaiting refunds will only be  slower. 

It will make no difference to the speed of getting refunds. The delay was a business decision - nothing to do with staff numbers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Jean.

Yes but I got an email from guest relations team leader last night saying as I booked through a TA can I forward bank details and proof of how much we paid them and it would be refunded through Bacs within 7 working days.

Day 60 today.

Funny that if they send the Bacs payment today the money would be in your account Thursday! (I used to process Bacs payments in a bank!) If they do it tomorrow you’d have it Friday.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Turn the Tide said:

It will make no difference to the speed of getting refunds. The delay was a business decision - nothing to do with staff numbers.

Agreed. The two issues are completely unrelated. They couldn’t put less resource on dealing with refunds if they tried!

I cancelled a cruise on 19 Mar 2020 for a cruise sailing 12-26 Apr 20. I have sat thru' the changing time scales for repayment but phoned P&O direct yesterday, 11 May 20, for a general update. I was told very politely that I was using the wrong time calculator in my 60 calculation in that I should not including Bank Holidays, Saturdays or Sundays as P&O did not term these as "working days". I pointed out that I had booked, direct with P&O, on a Saturday and paid on a Sunday and that there was no mention in the cruise itinerary that the ship would drop anchor at midnight on any Friday and haul similar on the following Sunday. The lady I spoke with understood the irony in my comment but could only restate the official P&O stance. She confirmed she very much hoped I would receive my refund on, rather than by, the 60 day settlement date but would not guarantee the repayment would actually be made. Lap of the Gods as they say......

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Funny that if they send the Bacs payment today the money would be in your account Thursday! (I used to process Bacs payments in a bank!) If they do it tomorrow you’d have it Friday.

The lady said up to 7 working days depending on bank workings.

Our Building society do them for next day,bank can do for same day

Government 1 or 3 days.

It costs more for quicker Bacs.

I will be checking my internet banking regularly.

Edited by grapau27

6 minutes ago, AndrewShooter said:

I cancelled a cruise on 19 Mar 2020 for a cruise sailing 12-26 Apr 20. I have sat thru' the changing time scales for repayment but phoned P&O direct yesterday, 11 May 20, for a general update. I was told very politely that I was using the wrong time calculator in my 60 calculation in that I should not including Bank Holidays, Saturdays or Sundays as P&O did not term these as "working days". I pointed out that I had booked, direct with P&O, on a Saturday and paid on a Sunday and that there was no mention in the cruise itinerary that the ship would drop anchor at midnight on any Friday and haul similar on the following Sunday. The lady I spoke with understood the irony in my comment but could only restate the official P&O stance. She confirmed she very much hoped I would receive my refund on, rather than by, the 60 day settlement date but would not guarantee the repayment would actually be made. Lap of the Gods as they say......

That's exactly what I was told the other day.  I wasn't quick enough to say that's not what it says on your website and "working" has never been mentioned.

It is plainly obvious that after the announcement by Mr Weinstein President of Carnival UK that they are close to the edge and probably have ABTA on speed dial and hope ABTA have enough money after Thomas Cook.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Unfortunately a couple of people on other media are now suggesting that P&O are quoting 90 days for refunds. Don’t take that as gospel, it could just be people making mischief.

It does however chime with the fact that several people on here are already over the 60 days and a by the end of this week many more will be added to over that waiting period.

The only thing they seem to have posted today elsewhere is some dreadful clip from minor wannabe celeb for a quiz, which they continued with despite it going down badly last time.

I haven't seem them "fess up" to 90 days yet, whether that's P&O working days or normal calendar days.  The latest time I have seen them appear to relay to a customer is 60 working days (although this is inconsistent), which would be around 80 actual days, allowing for bank holidays.

90 days, or certainly 90 working days would put them at the very worst end of certainly the UK cruise market from what I can see.  Delays of that magnitude will surely cost P&O more in charge backs.  

They really are making this worse for themselves.

8 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

The only thing they seem to have posted today elsewhere is some dreadful clip from minor wannabe celeb for a quiz, which they continued with despite it going down badly last time.

I haven't seem them "fess up" to 90 days yet, whether that's P&O working days or normal calendar days.  The latest time I have seen them appear to relay to a customer is 60 working days (although this is inconsistent), which would be around 80 actual days, allowing for bank holidays.

90 days, or certainly 90 working days would put them at the very worst end of certainly the UK cruise market from what I can see.  Delays of that magnitude will surely cost P&O more in charge backs.  

They really are making this worse for themselves.

It was never officially working days. This is most likely telephone staff trying to get people off their backs. There is zero logic in a difference between calendar days and working days when you're talking 60+ days. The simple fact is that they have made a business decision to withhold refunds for as long as they can get away with on the basis that most customers will tolerate it.