CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

32 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Funny that if they send the Bacs payment today the money would be in your account Thursday! (I used to process Bacs payments in a bank!) If they do it tomorrow you’d have it Friday.

Premier Inn emailed us confirmation of our refund in the afternoon and the money was back in our account the next morning so where is the seven days coming from?

2 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

The only thing they seem to have posted today elsewhere is some dreadful clip from minor wannabe celeb for a quiz, which they continued with despite it going down badly last time.

I haven't seem them "fess up" to 90 days yet, whether that's P&O working days or normal calendar days.  The latest time I have seen them appear to relay to a customer is 60 working days (although this is inconsistent), which would be around 80 actual days, allowing for bank holidays.

90 days, or certainly 90 working days would put them at the very worst end of certainly the UK cruise market from what I can see.  Delays of that magnitude will surely cost P&O more in charge backs.  

They really are making this worse for themselves.

No nothing directly from P&O, reported as what someone was (allegedly) told after waiting for ages on the phone.

Their contact centre have always been known for not always being consistent in the information they give.

6 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

Premier Inn emailed us confirmation of our refund in the afternoon and the money was back in our account the next morning so where is the seven days coming from?

BACS payments these days will get into the account in around 2 hours.

40 minutes ago, Turn the Tide said:

It was never officially working days. This is most likely telephone staff trying to get people off their backs. There is zero logic in a difference between calendar days and working days when you're talking 60+ days. The simple fact is that they have made a business decision to withhold refunds for as long as they can get away with on the basis that most customers will tolerate it.

Although it's depressing for all of us seeking clarity and refunds at this time, the current evidence supports what you are saying, I must agree.

What I doubt is that they really know when most customers will not tolerate it anymore (the tipping point). 

I would imagine that they have various complaints data and ABTA referrals etc to track customer sentiment around being strung along, but this will not be an exact science. 

Clearly, whatever the regulators are considering feels far enough away at this stage so as not to change the business prioritisation / decision making.

Edited by No pager thank you
Wording

On 5/6/2020 at 8:52 PM, staygulf said:

Once a claim as been made the amount owed increases to cover the costs. So when the court issues the summons for payment that is the substance of the claim. If they choose to pay the lesser amount they still owe the balance. 

Staygulf. Any news?

8 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Staygulf. Any news?

Spoke to someone at Carnival plc last week and I sent my notice before action by email giving them until 15 May. Also requested Paul Ludlow email address or reason why they can’t give it. Will sue next week if I don’t hear. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turn the Tide said:

Nope. A transfer from my bank account to someone elses is free and takes 2 hours.

Yes I can send a bank transfer instantly free for me but it costs the bank, businesses and government personally to send bacs.

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yes, I wonder how the winding up order went... 

Andy 

Decided that better course would be to sue, get judgment by default as they aren’t responding to anything, then send in the High Court bailiffs. Notice before action was sent last week

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Spoke to someone at Carnival plc last week and I sent my notice before action by email giving them until 15 May. Also requested Paul Ludlow email address or reason why they can’t give it. Will sue next week if I don’t hear. 

Thanks. Keep us posted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The lady said up to 7 working days depending on bank workings.

Our Building society do them for next day,bank can do for same day

Government 1 or 3 days.

It costs more for quicker Bacs.

I will be checking my internet banking regularly.

You can do chaps payments same day but they are more expensive. Faster payments take about 2 hours so can turn up anytime in your account. Bacs are the cheapest but take 2 days and they tend to turn up first thing in your account. 
I check my account a couple of times a day but if I knew mine was definitely coming by Bacs I’d only check once!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Decided that better course would be to sue, get judgment by default as they aren’t responding to anything, then send in the High Court bailiffs. Notice before action was sent last week

Hopefully that will spur them in to at least some form of active response, and good luck to you.

Either that or Carnival House might appear on a future episode of "Can't pay, we'll take it away!"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Turn the Tide said:

BACS payments these days will get into the account in around 2 hours.

Technically  that is a Faster Payment. Bacs payments can be sent in a “run” typically used for wages and are cheaper for business and corporate accounts Bacs are cheaper. They are called 3 days payments as the money is received on the third day, so it’s two days really.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Hopefully that will spur them in to at least some form of active response, and good luck to you.

Either that or Carnival House might appear on a future episode of "Can't pay, we'll take it away!"

I love those programmes, The Bailiffs are coming etc. Now that’s got me thinking.........

1 hour ago, staygulf said:

Each to their own. As I posted last night we'll sit and wait it out. 

In case you hadn't noticed, the world's a different place to what it was a few months ago.

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes but that is not BACS done by a business.  When we do a BACS at our office, it's about 4 days.  You are talking about a bank transfer, it's different.

How do Prem Inn manage it in a few hours then Jean seems strange they can yet others say they cant

8 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

How do Prem Inn manage it in a few hours then Jean seems strange they can yet others say they cant

Did Prem Inn refund to your debit/credit card.  That's only about a day or two.