CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Last time I went to a holiday park to stay was 52 years ago.

I'm sure the ban is lifted now Graham, just behave next time and don't do it again .:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Day 58

I wonder what time the postman's coming ?

A nice woman from P&O kept her word and rang first thing this morning.

Cheque has been authorised and they are hoping staff who arrange cheques will be in the office this week to send them out.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, kalos said:

I'm sure the ban is lifted now Graham, just behave next time and don't do it again .:classic_rolleyes:

I think it was my singing at the kids talent contest that got me banned from Butlins Ayr.🙈🙉

Edited by grapau27

I noticed an article in today's paper saying that the Civil Aviation Authority are starting to crack the whip over airlines delaying paying refunds. Perhaps it's a pity that their remit doesn't extend to cruise lines.

Cheque has been authorised and they are hoping staff who arrange cheques will be in the office this week to send them out.

How did you pay? Direct to p&o or via a TA?

Hoping they refund back into card...

On 5/8/2020 at 10:47 PM, wowzz said:

But that  is important. Your credit card was charged to the eskimo.

I paid through a major TA, but the cc payment went directly to P&O.  I presume that because my TA is supposedly the largest P&O agent in the country, they have a special rebate system.  That is why my TA told me I would get my refund via my original cc.

Everyone here is giving out  information that is pertinent to their own circumstances,  but every TA has a different trading relationship with P&O,  and therefore it is unhelpful to assert that your particular circumstance is the norm.

Good morning Wow.

I know of at least 4 UK Cruise Agents who have that direct system and it also works for them with Cunard.

Mind, I do smile at the number UK agents, more than four, who claim to be largest/ best/ official/ preferred  P&O agents. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Mind, I do smile at the number UK agents, more than four, who claim to be largest/ best/ official/ preferred  P&O agents. 😁

Not forgetting they are all the cheapest never to be beaten by anyone , Richard :classic_unsure: :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That's good news Graham. 

That's all we ask, a bit of information.. 

Just hope you don't get a 'cheques in the post' scenario.. 

Fingers crossed for you.. 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That's you sorted Graham, similar conversation for mine.

I found it to be an amazing and  friendly response after the previous communication failures.

Oh well should still be on Arcadia J003 at this moment.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PandNo Refund said:

How did you pay? Direct to p&o or via a TA?

Hoping they refund back into card...

Direct to Eskimo TA who charged my cc then deducted their commission before sending to P&O.

If you booked though P&O or a TA who who puts the money into P&O holding account you have a good chance of it going back onto your card.

Graham

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's good news Graham. 

That's all we ask, a bit of information.. 

Just hope you don't get a 'cheques in the post' scenario.. 

Fingers crossed for you.. 

Andy 

Thanks Andy.

I will let you know when the cheque arrives.

Graham

• Like 2

I cancelled J003 Arcadia direct with P&O on 29 February and was confirmed 50% refund. It was going to change to 40% the next day. I was apprehensive of going on the cruise. When my cc account arrived on 31 March it only showed 40% so I rang and a lady working from home confirmed with her superior that the computer did not recognise the leap year date and it had gone through on 1 March. She would arrange the difference an mark it urgent. It is on my account today processed on the 5 May. I know this a not quite the same as your later cancelled cruises but it shows someone is working at refunds. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

A couple of posts on FB now saying all lines closed till tomorrow possibly big staff meeting any further info anyone?

Hopefully everyone going back to the office.

Edited by grapau27

1 minute ago, Manx buoy said:

I was thinking it was for a group photo with your cheque🤪

As long as they let go of it and I get it I don't mind.

They are probably getting their bonus for fobbing off nearly everyone for 60 days.

🥇🥈🥉🏆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Could we not start doing a credit card chargeback under the s75? 

You could try, I tried several weeks ago, basically told that as the cruise line had not actually refused to give me a refund and were effectively trying to help (ha ha) that I didn't qualify under reg 75. In reality I think banks insurers and cruise lines and TA's are struggling to keep up and whichever route you take will take time., they may have to eventually as I am sure all cruise lines won't survive to fight another day sadly. No body wants to accept responsibility, in fairness I don't think the banks and insurers should be bailing the cruise industry out. I have decided to sit it out and see what happens as it is not worth getting het up about, even though we are several grand down. In my opinion health comes first and we had in effect written the money off.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Could we not start doing a credit card chargeback under the s75? 

I don't like the sound of a large P&O meeting at this time, certainly this will detract from whatever limited resource is being put in to either processing electronic refunds or franking envelopes!

The other possibility is of course that they will be following the line set up by Princess and that a further deferral of cruises is on the way.  Or it could be linked to Boris's statement, hard to say.

For anyone considering the chargeback (debit card) or s75 (credit card) route, it appears that the current response time on those is up to 15 working days, that is apparently higher than the normal 7-10 working days due to the virus. 

So if you decided to apply today then you should hear something just after the next bank holiday.  This comes from my own experience and what I have read elsewhere when people have got fed up, irrespective of whatever number of days they were expecting to wait for. 

Good to hear that some sort of cheque activity is happening, I hope that this leads to actual cheques in hand by the end of the week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

You could try, I tried several weeks ago, basically told that as the cruise line had not actually refused to give me a refund and were effectively trying to help (ha ha) that I didn't qualify under reg 75. In reality I think banks insurers and cruise lines and TA's are struggling to keep up and whichever route you take will take time., they may have to eventually as I am sure all cruise lines won't survive to fight another day sadly. No body wants to accept responsibility, in fairness I don't think the banks and insurers should be bailing the cruise industry out. I have decided to sit it out and see what happens as it is not worth getting het up about, even though we are several grand down. In my opinion health comes first and we had in effect written the money off.

I cannot just write off over £7000 that I have with two holiday companies. That’s nearly my part time salary. I would have effectively worked for 9 months for nothing. I get that health comes first but I just cannot write it off

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jh1809 said:

I noticed an article in today's paper saying that the Civil Aviation Authority are starting to crack the whip over airlines delaying paying refunds. Perhaps it's a pity that their remit doesn't extend to cruise lines.

The other interesting thing I saw yesterday was from ABTA. 

Since the outset of the crisis they have been at the forefront of defending the travel agents, suppliers etc and pushing government to move towards a refund credit note system with a legal underpinning.  Looking at their website, there are a dozen or so European countries that have gone down this route.

If companies misbehave in normal circumstances there is a supposed Code of Conduct.  That is not there to directly look after the customer but can be used to impose limited fines. 

This includes points such as delaying refunds or not following a law or regulation.  At the moment ABTA are hard to contact and have put to one side the requirements to refund within 14 days. 

However, their Q&As also refer to refunds within "a month or so" and cite that they will consider action in case of undue delay.

Just wondering if anyone had considered this route yet, and if P&O could turn in to an outlier by continually changing the goalposts, if not actually having the worst timeframe itself - which I understand is 90 days?  Apologies if this has already been covered.

Just hoping that a collective pressure will begin to build, as if it's 60 days plus for the earlier cruises, that would suggest that the timeline will be longer for later or subsequent cancellations?