Just got an email for 10% off cheers!

helene109

I wish I had received the discounted email.  We have never purchased Cheers, but a 20% discount could make it worth it. I am cruising out of Galveston in September (8 day cruise) and this is what it shows right before actually purchasing it:

Sub Total $727.30 ($51.95 per day / 7 days)
Gratuities $130.29
Total $858.22

So, even though it shows this on my account when I log in:
Get 10% off CHEERS! for your upcoming cruise! No code necessary.  Discount automatically applied in cart

Nothing changes when I add it to the cart and get ready to purchase it.  It's still at the advertised price of $51.95.  So, I assume the $51.95 that it shows is the already discounted rate. It doesn't really matter since $51.95 per day is too much for me to pay. needed. Discount applied automatically in cart

I know this is a little unprecedented since I've never seen Cheers discounted before, I get why though.. good deal for us and they get some much needed cash flow way in advance. I booked a new cruise last night for June 2021 and have the 20% off offer says "Ends 4/12".

Do we think that means the order must be in by 11:59PM on Saturday 4/11? Or end of the day on Sunday 4/12? 

I just received a 10% off email. The order has to be placed between 04/09 and 04/15.  It is only good for sailings 07/19/20 to 10/3/2020.  When I clicked on the link and went through the purchase, this is what I get (8 day sailing from Galveston in Sept):
Two people:
Sub Total $654.57

Gratuities $117.84

Total $772.41

The total price before I got this email was $858.22, so the total savings is $85.82.  Although a discount is always nice, a 10% discount would not be worth it for me because we would never spend that much on any combination of drinks.

I just received the 20% offer for cheers in my email today.  I was so excited!  My next cruise for April 2021 is already paid for including cheers, due to transferring everything from my cancelled April 2020 cruise.  Anyway, this email offer states that it is for my April 2022 cruise and it even includes my booking number and the date of my cruise.  Well, I have tried several times to buy cheers for that cruise, and the discount does not show up anyway.  I have gone as far as the payment page and the full amount still shows for my 8 night cruise.  I even tried leaving the Carnival website and clearing cookies and still no luck.  I'm sure I have tried at least 6 times today.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  I would be very appreciative of any advice.  Thanks in advance!

I took the ordering process all the way to the end (it was ready to charge my card input) and no price drop whatsoever.

Same result on numerous future cruises.  No big deal, but it definitely isn't working for everyone.

11 hours ago, cruiselover** said:

I just received the 20% offer for cheers in my email today.  I was so excited!  My next cruise for April 2021 is already paid for including cheers, due to transferring everything from my cancelled April 2020 cruise.  Anyway, this email offer states that it is for my April 2022 cruise and it even includes my booking number and the date of my cruise.  Well, I have tried several times to buy cheers for that cruise, and the discount does not show up anyway.  I have gone as far as the payment page and the full amount still shows for my 8 night cruise.  I even tried leaving the Carnival website and clearing cookies and still no luck.  I'm sure I have tried at least 6 times today.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  I would be very appreciative of any advice.  Thanks in advance!

I got an email for only an additional 10% off.  The discount only worked if I clicked on the link in the email.

I was wondering if I buy 500 cruise cash for 400 with the 20 percent discount if my November cruise cancels due to pandemic will I be able to apply it to my future sept 2021 cruise.  It says non refundable or transferable.  I want to take advantage of offer but dont wanna lose if Carnival cancels.  It would seem they should let you do that but I don't know.

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

I got an email for only an additional 10% off.  The discount only worked if I clicked on the link in the email.

Thanks for this information!  As soon as I used the link from the email, I got my 20% discount on my 8 night cheers package.  You are so nice to let me know what I was doing wrong!  You would think that after sailing with Carnival since 1993, I might know what I am doing - apparently not.  Your help is very, very much appreciated.  I knew I could count on Cruise Critic members!

• Like 1

For anyone still having problems with it I called and got it figured out. If you have multiple bookings on your account it's having problems and you have to do it without being logged in. You need to log out of carnival. Scroll down to the very bottom and under "Already Booked" click "Organizer Access." Put in your booking number, last name, OK. That will take you into your booking and you'll have the discount when you add cheers to your cart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

For anyone still having problems with it I called and got it figured out. If you have multiple bookings on your account it's having problems and you have to do it without being logged in. You need to log out of carnival. Scroll down to the very bottom and under "Already Booked" click "Organizer Access." Put in your booking number, last name, OK. That will take you into your booking and you'll have the discount when you add cheers to your cart.

You really are a Saint!! I used your instructions and got Cheers for my Europe cruise next year!  Thank you!!

PS. I'll order a Caribbean Manhattan at Alchemy in honor of you since I know you like them so much😋

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pntnnc said:

I was wondering if I buy 500 cruise cash for 400 with the 20 percent discount if my November cruise cancels due to pandemic will I be able to apply it to my future sept 2021 cruise.  It says non refundable or transferable.  I want to take advantage of offer but dont wanna lose if Carnival cancels.  It would seem they should let you do that but I don't know.

In the past cruise cash was refundable before the cruise.  It became non refundable when you sailed

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

If someone doesn't show, is prepaid Cheers refunded?

Yes.  But how long the refund takes is another thing. I have read 3 months. I used to get refund in a week or less.
That’s the reason we haven’t pulled the trigger on cheers. We already have quite a few $ tied up with Carnival. 

59 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Thanks. So are you getting $55 PP per day all in with the discount.

3 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

Thanks. So are you getting $55 PP per day all in with the discount.

The ones I did were 20% off. They came to $41 and change per day before gratuities. I think I remember the 7-day being $344 total so $49/day after grats and I had a 10% off gift card I paid it with so really I only paid $310 on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That's very interesting and good detective work.

Thanks!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, daley18 said:

Is it normal to get no confirmation of Cheers purchase? I can't see anything on my booking either and it lets me add cheers to my cart and purchase again if I wanted. 

I didn’t get a confirmation email either but mine is showing under “booking & order details.”