Oceania Big Price Reduction

mozfoz

Seems that my request to be convinced to not cancel my dec/Jan 2020, has now become irrelevant, since the price drop

we decided to stick it out till August , but will cancel before the 121 days of final payment. I still believe there will be NO cruises in 2020. 

24 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

We are in the States but cant get prices in US dollars. Have to call for all our prices. I have googled it every which way to see how to change it. No info at all . Will write to Oceania. It is very strange and very annoying.

When you click on the link I posted above  does it not  go to the US site of O ?

Do you have  a VPN set to another area? (not sure how that works)

You could try clearing your cookies /cache   & see if that works

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

When I go to oceaniacruises.com it goes right to the british site.

Really uncanny. For a long time I have been ignoring it and calling for prices, but it is really annoying.

Anyway.

I used to get this in reverse I was getting the US site when I wanted  the UK one. I think it happened following a USA holiday. Clearing cookies didn't work but clearing cookies and then using someone else's internet did. 

This happened to me when I accidentally used a VPN and the location delivering the VPN was in the UK.  The website checks where your network traffic is coming from and loads the version for that location.  I would suggest double checking your network setting and VPN.  It drove me crazy until I figured out that I had VPN's into my companies UK site.

I just emailed Oceania. See if I get any helpful advice. That happens on all our devices, Ipad, desk top, lap top. So it is not the device. 

I am really off my own topic.

my computer guy  said to check your location settings  in your computer /browser   to be sure it is set for USA location

10 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

thanks will try and figure this out

LHT if you want to know US dollar price, what do you do? Guess you call, like I have been doing. Maddening.

I go to  a TA site    that has USD listed  or ask friends to check  the O site for me  LOL

No biggie  as when we book I can  do it  in USD or CAD

Also make sure any apps  do not have other Countries as the default location

It is really silly how O is lowering prices for the cruises coming up shortly,  instead of just cancelling them outright. Whats the strategy there? We know what it is, to see if they can still convince some more people to give them final payment. 

3 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

It is really silly how O is lowering prices for the cruises coming up shortly,  instead of just cancelling them outright. Whats the strategy there? We know what it is, to see if they can still convince some more people to give them final payment. 

Alternatively, cancel before the cruise line does so you get 100% FCC rather then wait till they cancel when you have the option of full refund or 125% FCC (which many people like).

Also, if they cancel all June and July cruises now they would be overwhelmed with paperwork for refunds for that many more people (cash or FCC).

Our 26 October Insignia cruise dropped by $1400 pp.  Final payment is next month.

JonThomas -- are you using a VPN??   Make sure it is set up for a US server.  Oceania looks at your IP address and adjusts the  currency and prices to your location.

15 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Are you going?

If Oceania is going...  Montreal to New York to Miami....  The question is O going to go, if they go we go.

We are using our "extra" FCC from the last two O cancelled cruises which needs to be used in 2020..

I suspect if in July  they have made the FP  already or  are past the full refund of the deposit stage

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

If Oceania is going...  Montreal to New York to Miami....  The question is O going to go, if they go we go.

We are using our "extra" FCC from the last two O cancelled cruises which needs to be used in 2020..

Wonder what will happen to the FCC if they do cancel cruises booked with FCC?

Did you ask?

Just curious

16 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Wonder what will happen to the FCC if they do cancel cruises booked with FCC?

Did you ask?

Just curious

Have not yet -- I am sure they do not know yet as they are overwhelmed with just processing refunds.

I will wait patiently until final payment.

• Thanks 1

I would not be lured by low priced cruises. The cruise companies know cruises will not occur this year, but if they can convince you to give them money, they will because it will take you months to get your money back.  

Once vaccines are created and administered, then cruises will restart. This will likely be first half 2021, at the earliest. Until that time, forget concerts, festivals, large parties, and cruises. 

• Like 2