Oceania Big Price Reduction

mozfoz

Just looked at our October 16th cruise. Big price reductions for all categories.  Not sure if this is applicable for all dates. Of course it it probably meaningless, all things considered. I mean the ship may not even sail, or be so empty we wouldn't want to be aboard, not to mention the obvious heath concerns. We have till June to decide, but we will cancel and have the option come October to rebook if we feel comfortable.

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

you could always  ask for the lower price  now & see  what happens 

later  if you decide to still sail  you will have saved some $

As I mentioned elsewhere, we have a B2B2B cruises on Marina in Nov - all wide open and for significantly less.

I would ask my TA to get the lower prices only if I was 90+% sure that I will sail.

Otherwise she will do all that work to reprice 3 cruises and then I will cancel them - not fair IMO. I might have done it for a single cruise but not 3.

38 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

As I mentioned elsewhere, we have a B2B2B cruises on Marina in Nov - all wide open and for significantly less.

I would ask my TA to get the lower prices only if I was 90+% sure that I will sail.

Otherwise she will do all that work to reprice 3 cruises and then I will cancel them - not fair IMO. I might have done it for a single cruise but not 3.

Yes If you are going to cancel anyway then not worth annoying your TA 😉

But if still not decided  it might be worth pursing  if you think Oceania will survive  & be sailing in the fall

No one really knows  what the outcome will be  & whether  another  wave of the virus will pop up in Nov   ..even with a vaccine  can the World survive  another pandemic   providing we get out of this one

JMO

I repriced ours. Thanks for the heads up here. But I DO feel guilty having my agent do all this work if in fact we will be cancelling. This is for Dec/Jan 2020 on the Riviera. Yes we need to have a  miracle to be able to sail on this one. 

Curious....how you you get the information that there is a price reduction on your cruise? We are on Regatta December 1.  When I go to Oceania website the price is always the same. We booked while on our last cruise.  We also gave Oceania the name of our Travel Agency.  Is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks

Mrs f.

The website price usually stays the same, in my experience. You have to call Oceania periodically to check on prices. I called because I got a heads up here. I am grateful for that. Oh and if you tell them that you have a reservation and it has been turned over to your agent, they will most likely tell you to call your agent. You can do that but it may take more time than you would like 

to get the info.

So easier just to call and get a price . 

Too bad that Oceania does not show the prices on their site. Just a way to not give the info to those who paid more. 

Does anyone here know how to see the prices on the Oceania site in US dollars, for some stupid reason ours always come out in British Pounds. We are not in Britain. We are in the States. There used to be a spot at the bottom of the website where you could chose currency. Anyone know anything about that?

14 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Our two cruises dropped between $300 and $400 each. Nice, but nothing big. As usual price adjustments based on the individual cruise.

Our B2B2B cruises dropped $700/pp, $1550/pp & $650/pp for a total of $3000 for the 2 of us - no chump change.

7 hours ago, Paulchili said:

So, you feel that it was worth the travel agents time for $3000 savings. You bet.

8 minutes ago, mozfoz said:

So, you feel that it was worth the travel agents time for $3000 savings. You bet.

It certainly would be if I was going but we are not - just not crazy about cruising this year.

Hence I did not ask the TA to reprice these cruises but just to cancel them.

Too bad for both of us.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Does anyone here know how to see the prices on the Oceania site in US dollars, for some stupid reason ours always come out in British Pounds. We are not in Britain. We are in the States. There used to be a spot at the bottom of the website where you could chose currency. Anyone know anything about that?

I don't have an answer for you.  But I have noticed that sometimes when I've logged in while traveling out of the U.S. that responses came in various languages.  I can't be specific because I don't remember.  While it wasn't a problem with currency quotes, it WAS a problem with language.  I'm proficient enough in French, German and Italian that it wasn't a problem ... but it was curious!

Also -- unrelated -- I'm getting a fair number of spam messages from Europe these days.  They are in English, but come from European websites.  No idea why that is happening!  A number of UK websites seem to think I live there ...

Mura

29 minutes ago, eldaradoe said:

Actually if your travel agent was worth anything he would notify you as mine does when there is a reduction ... He checks from time to time.

Lucky you - hang on to that TA.

In reality, I can’t imagine that any TA that has hundreds of clients and takes new bookings all the time, could possibly have the time to be checking the prices on ALL of their customers unless they have some computer program monitoring it or happen to hear from the cruise line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

is the website 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/

I get prices in CAD

2 hours ago, alaskaca said:

Do you qualify for the reduced fare if final payment has already been made?

You might get  an OBC for the difference  or an upgrade

Ask your TA

On a 22 day Fjords & Thrones voyage (Marina, July 16, Oslo to London), the price of a B4 verandah has dropped from ($ Cdn) 15299 to 11699.

I don't think there is a chance this sailing will take place. Does Oceania? Why would they bother repricing all these sailings?

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

is the website 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/

I get prices in CAD

I just clicked on that link and got prices in AU$.  Which is what I need.  Jonthomas, that's very strange you getting prices in British pounds, usually web sites pick up on where you are.  Sorry I can't see any way on the O site to choose another country/currency.

6 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

I just clicked on that link and got prices in AU$.  Which is what I need.  Jonthomas, that's very strange you getting prices in British pounds, usually web sites pick up on where you are.  Sorry I can't see any way on the O site to choose another country/currency.

Yes they usually  know where you live & redirect you to  the site for your Country

We used to be able to get the USD pricing

I also do not remember  being able to get other  Currencies on the O site

Maybe  Jonthomas is using a TA site 

We are in the States but cant get prices in US dollars. Have to call for all our prices. I have googled it every which way to see how to change it. No info at all . Will write to Oceania. It is very strange and very annoying.

Edited by jonthomas