Oceania Big Price Reduction

mozfoz

TA repriced OCT 20 (hoping it sails) Riviera cruise and saved $3000.00 and JUL 21 Sirena cruise and saved $5300.00 - kept all previous promotions!  Now just keeping our fingers crossed that the world can find a "new normal" so we can travel internationally again.  Also can't wait for the parks and campgrounds to open so we can head out in our RV this summer.

5 hours ago, susiesan said:

I had my TA reprice Marina Baltic cruise for Aug. 29, 2021. I saved $500 for the cabin, had to give up $25 OBC. Cat F inside now $5398, was $5898.

We're doing a 12 day, Stockholm to Amsterdam, departing Sept. 8, outside cabin,, for $3849pp, plus we have $400pp off from a previous fare reduction on a cruise last year. And our TA is giving us gratuities. Is yours a much longer cruise? The price difference is a lot.

1 hour ago, clo said:

We're doing a 12 day, Stockholm to Amsterdam, departing Sept. 8, outside cabin,, for $3849pp, plus we have $400pp off from a previous fare reduction on a cruise last year. And our TA is giving us gratuities. Is yours a much longer cruise? The price difference is a lot.

We are on the 10-day Marina Baltic cruise departing from Copenhagen on August 29, 2021 and ending in Stockholm on September 8.  We had booked directly with Oceania last summer and, when I saw the price for their Deluxe Ocean View stateroom had gone down from $3999/person to $3399/person, I emailed them to ask for the lower price. They quickly sent me a new invoice with the new price. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ReaderGirl57 said:

We are on the 10-day Marina Baltic cruise departing from Copenhagen on August 29, 2021 and ending in Stockholm on September 8.  We had booked directly with Oceania last summer and, when I saw the price for their Deluxe Ocean View stateroom had gone down from $3999/person to $3399/person, I emailed them to ask for the lower price. They quickly sent me a new invoice with the new price. 

So that sounds like it must be the same as @susieann. Maybe their post was a typo.

2 hours ago, ReaderGirl57 said:

Hey ReaderGirl57: I am on the same cruise as you, Aug. 29, 2021 rebooked from this June 26. We have the start of a roll call. I saved all my tour information for what I had reserved for this year to redo the same independent tours next year.

clo: my cruise is now $2699 pp, reduced from $2949pp. I get prepaid gratuities plus $350 OBC from my TA. I will also get $100 OBC from Oceania for moving to the next loyalty level. The pricing I referenced earlier is for the cabin.

shawnino: the deposit is $1500, rolled over from the cancelled cruise. I also have $500 admin fee from cancelling on my account.

• Like 1

Hi all, I wish the prices were going down in the UK, in fact they appear to be going up rather than down! Plus we get very little by way of perks , the T/A’s here rarely give anything away, no extras for us.

How true Rosroz.   The cynic in me would believe prices have increased to absorb any 125% future cruise credits here in the U.K.   We have a final payment due in 4 weeks for a September cruise with “O”.  If we cancel we lose our deposit (according to our TA).  Unfortunately  that’s the route we’re taking as we’re already having to wait 90 days for a full refund from a cancelled Azamara cruise.

I’m afraid our next cruise booking will be vaccine driven as opposed to price.

Difficult times for everyone.

4 hours ago, Rosroz said:

Hi all, I wish the prices were going down in the UK, in fact they appear to be going up rather than down! Plus we get very little by way of perks , the T/A’s here rarely give anything away, no extras for us.

That's right TAs here don't give perks. Instead they give a nice cash discount something, I understand, TAs in USA aren't allowed to do. I know which I'd sooner have.

Just now, Janet- said:

That's right TAs here don't give perks. Instead they give a nice cash discount something, I understand, TAs in USA aren't allowed to do. I know which I'd sooner have.

Some give  cash rebates  as well as perks

9 minutes ago, Janet- said:

Completely untrue.  It is a matter of terminology. They all end up as discounts.  Here they are called rebates as the cruise lines don't allow "discounts"  You call them discounts but, they in the end are identical.  You pay less money than the posted rate for your cruise.

2 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Completely untrue.  It is a matter of terminology. They all end up as discounts.  Here they are called rebates as the cruise lines don't allow "discounts"  You call them discounts but, they in the end are identical.  You pay less money than the posted rate for your cruise.

Our TAs can advertise the lower rate.

9 minutes ago, Janet- said:

Our TAs can advertise the lower rate.

For instance our TA's can advertise up to 5% but, no more however it has been reported that some TA's give around 10% but, according to the Regent/Oceania Rebate Policy TA's can only advertise up to 5% in total while nothingto stop giving more just not advertising it.

16 minutes ago, rallydave said:

For instance our TA's can advertise up to 5% but, no more however it has been reported that some TA's give around 10% but, according to the Regent/Oceania Rebate Policy TA's can only advertise up to 5% in total while nothingto stop giving more just not advertising it.

Admittedly some of our prices are often lower making them highly favourable, but our personal  US and Canadian friends often get many add ons etc.. gifts of wine in their cabins and on ships that charge extra for speciality dining get treated to dinner. The most annoying thing is the fact that if the cruise price goes down anytime before they sail they pay the lower prices and even get their deposit refunded if they cancel, don’t think that would happen for U K customers, many of our friends book cruises they have no intention of going on but move their perks as and when they fancy. Nice work if you can get it and if I was in their position I would do the same.

5 minutes ago, Rosroz said:

Admittedly some of our prices are often lower making them highly favourable, but our personal  US and Canadian friends often get many add ons etc.. gifts of wine in their cabins and on ships that charge extra for speciality dining get treated to dinner. The most annoying thing is the fact that if the cruise price goes down anytime before they sail they pay the lower prices and even get their deposit refunded if they cancel, don’t think that would happen for U K customers, many of our friends book cruises they have no intention of going on but move their perks as and when they fancy. Nice work if you can get it and if I was in their position I would do the same.

OTOH, UK passengers frequently get the Ultimate O Life (all 3 included) while this is rare in US. Your government gives you a lot more protections in case of cancellations than what we get (none).

Our agent just refared our 24 Oct 20 Montreal-Miami cruise.  We used our 25% bonus FCC that has to be used by end of 2020.

A2 cabin had a balance of  $1200 after a refare it was negative and a PH was only $400 total.  Needless to say we paid the $400.

I hope we can sail then..

9 hours ago, Janet- said:

No so...... you can get whatever.    The Travel Agents however can not advertise that they are and or what the discount and perks are...    Its a business deal between you and the agent, what ever you agree on  is fine

8 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Our agent just refared our 24 Oct 20 Montreal-Miami cruise.  We used our 25% bonus FCC that has to be used by end of 2020.

A2 cabin had a balance of  $1200 after a refare it was negative and a PH was only $400 total.  Needless to say we paid the $400.

I hope we can sail then..

Reality  says no......Disney is not going to even reopen till December !    October may be  shut out I looked at t at cruise  but weather way too cold for 1/2 of it... and good chance of show in Maine and Mass.   Good luck....  

10 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Reality  says no......Disney is not going to even reopen till December !    October may be  shut out I looked at t at cruise  but weather way too cold for 1/2 of it... and good chance of show in Maine and Mass.   Good luck....  

I am not sure Disney is closed until December but I do agree its unlikely cruising will start up again this year.  Plus the risk you are taking, one person on your ship gets a cough or fever and the cruise is done, no port will allow the ship to dock.  This will be an issue until a vaccine is universally available.  More importantly, it is very likely there will be receivership/bankruptcy in the industry.  These ships are meant to be producing income continuously, look how quickly "refurbishments" happen, the cruise companies simply cannot afford to keep their ships idle.  The US government has refused to help the cruise companies as they are mostly Panamanian registered companies and they all pay little income tax.  They also get to avoid employment standards due to their registrations.  This industry was already due for a shakeup. The covid virus will be an earthquake.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, clo said:

Excuse my ignorance but I don't know what that means: the cabin.

A cabin usually has 2 people in it. Therefore the price of the cabin is double the per person price. The invoices I get from my TA always has the total cost of the cruise/cabin at the top, minus the deposit, and balance due at time of final payment. Since you have been on cruises before why don't you know what a cabin is? 

cabin

noun
cab·in | \ ˈka-bən  \

Definition of cabin

1a(1): a private room on a ship or boat
(2): a compartment below deck on a boat used for living accommodations

35 minutes ago, susiesan said:

The invoices I get from my TA always has the total cost of the cruise/cabin at the top, minus the deposit, and balance due at time of final payment.

I booked O with O and then transferred to TA. My "guest statement" that I'm looking at right now doesn't anywhere show a total rather the per person price.  And it seems that most people here deal with the per person price. 

BTW, I had to chuckle at your definition of cabin. You must have gotten it from a cruise dictionary 🙂

Cabin | Definition of Cabin by Merriam-Webster

1. 1 : a small simple dwelling usually having only one story a log cabin. 2 : a private room on a ship. 3 : a place below deck on a small boat for passengers or crew. 4 : a part of an airplane for cargo, crew, or passengers.

My "Guest Statement" has the words "Grand Total" at the bottom and the word "Gross" on the same line.  The gross is the price for each person added together.  This is the price per cabin.

This is on my invoice. What is so hard to understand? Maybe those of you who only book suites don't use the word "cabin".

Total Price   $ 4,598.00
Total Received   - $ 1,500.00
Final Payment Amt   $ 3,098.00
Final Payment Due   2/20/2021
$300 Shipboard Credit + Prepaid gratuities + $100 Bronze Level SBC and Bottle of wine // Passports 6 mos/Russian Visa + Penalty begins 1 May/Final 21 April
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, tgg said:

My "Guest Statement" has the words "Grand Total" at the bottom and the word "Gross" on the same line.  The gross is the price for each person added together.  This is the price per cabin.

Oh my, you're right. But it's on the next page even though there were several inches of space under the PP price. I guess cause it's such easy math I'd never noticed that 🙂  Thanks.