COVIS-19 any cases on Regent ships?

MomC

Someone posted on a FB group that they had it late on the Splendor cruise that disembarked in San Diego 12Mar.  I asked for clarification.....did he/she get tested after returning home....but no reply.  So knows for sure.

Dang!  I was hoping Regent was virus free.  My daughter lives in LA and she said the Splendor was anchored and not at the dock.  We wondered if anchoring instead docking had to do with whether a ship had any cases of Covid-19.  I worry how long cruise lines can last since they will have missed three months of revenue once this latest ban ends.  I feel for them.

Mom C

@MomC. I would not worry....that person may have only thought they had it when they may have had some other variety of upper respiratory infection.  No response may indicate that he/she did NOT get the test to prove COVID-19.  And since there are no other reports...

My cruise planner/consultant at Regent in Miami told me just over a week ago that Regent had NO reported cases of COVID-19 on any of their ships, something they were quite proud of.  I haven't heard of anything to counter that info since that call.  

Lana (in Bellingham, WA)

2 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Someone posted on a FB group that they had it late on the Splendor cruise that disembarked in San Diego 12Mar.  I asked for clarification.....did he/she get tested after returning home....but no reply.  So knows for sure.

Just yesterday I was reading a thread on Regent page on FB and a lady claimed she developed symptoms during the last couple of days of her cruise on Splendor , which ended San Diego. I think she said her husband did too. She claims she was subsequently tested ( at home) and was found positive. She said she told Regent and the airline when she found out

Editing to ask: Can we post a link to Facebook here (in case I find it)?

Edited by cruiseluv

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

Obviously someone is not telling the truth (not blaming anyone on this thread).  Why would Regent be so proud of the fact that they have no cases if they did?  

I don't know anything more that what I read, have never met that person in real life, so cant vouch for her. I just  went back to Regent FB page and when I tried to search for that post it doesnt seem to be there anymore. I guess it was purged by Regent. 

I recently unsubscribed from one of the Regent groups on FB - not sure which one you were reading but the one I was on had more than it's fair share of, shall we say, 'colorful' posters.  To the point that I didn't think the positives outweighed the negatives.

Regardless - before I put too much stock in anything I read on the FB group I'd want to know where the cruise sailed, how long it was, what ports she may have visited, what her symptoms were, how long did she wait before getting tested, how was she tested, etc...

God knows I'm not going to take something I read on Facebook as gospel - and the fact that the post is gone just throws more doubt into the whole story.  Not saying she didn't have it, or didn't have it on board, but there are just so many unknowns about her situation as well as the virus itself that I'm going to take posts like that with a BIG grain of salt...

If there were no cases on Regent ships, I’m glad only because crew weren’t put at risk. But having no cases was just pure luck, Regent did not do anything special to prevent COVID19. I hope they are not marketing themselves as safer than other cruiselines and give pax a false sense of security. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Got2Cruise said:

If there were no cases on Regent ships, I’m glad only because crew weren’t put at risk. But having no cases was just pure luck, Regent did not do anything special to prevent COVID19. I hope they are not marketing themselves as safer than other cruiselines and give pax a false sense of security. 

The only thing they 'did' was to have fewer passengers on board with more space per passenger.  But yep, pure luck - especially if none of the crew came down with it.  Although Regent has fewer crewmembers on board I'm sure they're packed in pretty tightly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UUNetBill said:

I recently unsubscribed from one of the Regent groups on FB - not sure which one you were reading but the one I was on had more than it's fair share of, shall we say, 'colorful' posters.  To the point that I didn't think the positives outweighed the negatives.

Regardless - before I put too much stock in anything I read on the FB group I'd want to know where the cruise sailed, how long it was, what ports she may have visited, what her symptoms were, how long did she wait before getting tested, how was she tested, etc...

God knows I'm not going to take something I read on Facebook as gospel - and the fact that the post is gone just throws more doubt into the whole story.  Not saying she didn't have it, or didn't have it on board, but there are just so many unknowns about her situation as well as the virus itself that I'm going to take posts like that with a BIG grain of salt...

The FB page I'm referring to is RSSC Social Club. I think its monitored/administered by Regent. The person in question identified the cruise as the Splendor's last cruise before the lockdown, which ended 3/12 in San Diego.

I agree with you, we need to take posts with a grain of salt, not only on FB, but on Message boards in general, including Cruise Critic. 

• Like 1

I was on the Splendor cruise that docked in San Diego. I’ve not received any emails from Regent regarding anyone who had the virus. We all got off the ship and went thru immigration without being asked any questions. We went to the airport and again no questions. Took two Delta flights to get back home. We self quarantined for 14 days. No emails from Delta regarding anyone on those flights we were on.

3 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

We won’t be going on any cruises until there is mass testing, drugs available and a vaccine. The last thing I want is to get sick onboard and possibly stuck at sea.

Or have someone ELSE get sick...  same result, possibly stuck on a ship which is refused docking because of an infection onboard.  Only takes one person.

• Like 3

This is really an unknowable question. Reports are that up to 80% of Covid19 affected are totally asymptomatic. Even if this number is overly optimistic, there is absolutely no way that Regent, or any other cruise line  could factual make such a statement unless they test 100%.

Link (up to 80%)

Iceland reports 50%

J

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JMARINER said:

This is really an unknowable question. Reports are that up to 80% of Covid19 affected are totally asymptomatic. Even if this number is overly optimistic, there is absolutely no way that Regent, or any other cruise line  could factual make such a statement unless they test 100%.

Link (up to 80%)

Iceland reports 50%

J

I suspect that's why they said "no reported cases ... "  

• Like 1

Here's an article from a few days ago that lists the cruise ships with reported cases. No Regent ships, but there's a couple of Silversea ships with small passenger capacities.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cruise-ships-with-confirmed-covid-19-cases-during-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-4