Instructions for redeeming your Future Cruise Credit

Jim_Iain

You are correct about it being very easy. My only concern is that X is asking for a deposit when making the new booking. Part of the FCC is the deposit that was made on the previous cruise. Is it right that we need to make another cash deposit???

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

But how do you apply it to an existing booking? The FAQ still says you can do that, but these instructions don't indicate that!

Exactly..

We already have a booked cruised  in mind and paid our deposit at time of booking. We would only want to apply the FCC when making our final payment,after we  get a drs  fit to cruise  heads up.,

Procedure  above does not apply and if it did, looks like they want to gobble up the fcc as soon as you book...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

But how do you apply it to an existing booking? The FAQ still says you can do that, but these instructions don't indicate that!

Just took a look on the FAQ posted above -   To apply to an existing booking, I believe all you have to do is either call Celebrity or have your Travel Agent apply it for you.   I've done it before with a FCC I received prior to this whole Covid19 situation.

image.png.e067e468dff4985f427decc6bb6897d1.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, misha1 said:

I would just like to get the e-mail that tells me I have a FCC for my cancelled cruise.  Now waiting 1 month and 3 days. 

Did you use a TA?  We’ve had no problems getting refunds od FCC.

25 minutes ago, Oville said:

Did you use a TA?  We’ve had no problems getting refunds od FCC.

I did and I have called them twice.  Same answer...they are backed up.  I have another cruise in August and Im not sure I am even going to do final payment on that cuz it is taking too long to get this done

36 minutes ago, misha1 said:

I did and I have called them twice.  Same answer...they are backed up.  I have another cruise in August and Im not sure I am even going to do final payment on that cuz it is taking too long to get this done

Honestly, I’d cancel.  We are about to do the that for our Fall cruises.

We spend half the year on Cape Cod and the other half in Naples, FL.  Not sure when we’ll return home to MA.

Edited by Oville

1 hour ago, misha1 said:

Your final payment date is obviously coming up next month. If you really want to apply the FCC to this cruise, when it gets about a couple of weeks prior to final payment, call your TA and tell them to either get the FCC applied to the final payment or cancel the cruise - that might get their attention!

I cancelled a cruise on February 23 and still had not received an email with the FCC. I called Celebrity today, and they researched it and found it had not been issued. I'm now being told it should be emailed in about a week.

15 hours ago, Wineart said:

I cancelled a cruise on February 23 and still had not received an email with the FCC. I called Celebrity today, and they researched it and found it had not been issued. I'm now being told it should be emailed in about a week.

Sounds like there are a number of the earlier cruises that fell through the crack.  I previously posted that I got a FCC for my 3/21 and 3/28 cruises but didn't get one for my 3/14.    When I called in they confirmed that it was NOT in the Queue so the issued it while on the phone (with special permission).

Edited by Jim_Iain

12 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

Is this true that you can only use one FCC per future booking?  I already have two FCCs.

Would be best to call Celebrity and get clarified.

I would believe you could use more than one FCC be booking.   The basis of this belief is that when you get a FCC it is per person not by reservation.   If you and your spouse had a cancelled cruise you will get 2 FCC's (one in each name that is non-transferrable).   It would seem logical that you could use both on a single cruise.  You may have to call to have them applied.

Is this true that you can only use one FCC per future booking?  I already have two FCCs.

Each passenger in a booking can use a single FCC. If you already have two FCCs, both in your name, only one at a time can be used for future bookings. When two (or more) people on the same cancelled booking are each issued an FCC in their name, both FCCs can be applied to a future booking if the same two (or more) people are sharing that booking.

You can apply the FCCs online using this form.

865091485_ScreenShot2020-04-18at1_43_45PM.thumb.png.a3efd9a7ce7a045a2ea3217ee4edb4e0.png

59 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Each passenger in a booking can use a single FCC. If you already have two FCCs, both in your name, only one at a time can be used for future bookings. When two (or more) people on the same cancelled booking are each issued an FCC in their name, both FCCs can be applied to a future booking if the same two (or more) people are sharing that booking.

You can apply the FCCs online using this form.

865091485_ScreenShot2020-04-18at1_43_45PM.thumb.png.a3efd9a7ce7a045a2ea3217ee4edb4e0.png

Yeah my TA mentioned that only one FCC per passenger is being allowed.  Hope they change that policy and allow multiple FCCs per person.  I have had two cancelled cruises, so I have two FCCs in my name.

26 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

Yeah my TA mentioned that only one FCC per passenger is being allowed.  Hope they change that policy and allow multiple FCCs per person.  I have had two cancelled cruises, so I have two FCCs in my name.

Yes, I think a lot of us would like to see that policy changed. From Celebrity's perspective, though, you have two options, both in its favour: either book another cruise (more $$$ for Celebrity) or don't use the FCC (more $$$ for Celebrity). Allowing passengers to use two or more together as a good will gesture would certainly please passengers but not the bean counters, and for the foreseeable future, the bean counters take priority.

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification of how to apply the FCC and the limitation.   I can understand the concern of those with multiple FCC in their name.   Since we have 8 cruises sitting out there shouldn't be difficult to use. 

The thing that probably concerns me the most is the mess of applying a FCC to a future cruise and then have that one also cancelled.   Like other things I guess we will deal with that when or if it occurs.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the clarification of how to apply the FCC and the limitation.   I can understand the concern of those with multiple FCC in their name.   Since we have 8 cruises sitting out there shouldn't be difficult to use. 

The thing that probably concerns me the most is the mess of applying a FCC to a future cruise and then have that one also cancelled.   Like other things I guess we will deal with that when or if it occurs.

I'll be finding this out, if my September cruise cancels.  I will be applying a FCC to it.

I'll be finding this out, if my September cruise cancels.  I will be applying a FCC to it.

The good news.   If you wish a FCC you do not need to do anything and it will automatically be sent to you and agent.  Currently they say they are working refunds in order of cruise date.   The FCC will be 125 of the cruise fare and Port Fees and Taxes will be automatically refunded via original form of payment.