Should Celebrity extend the deadline to use FCC?

Orator

On 4/16/2020 at 5:20 PM, groryjm said:

For canceled sailings 12th may to 11th June FCC can be used upto 30th April 2022

(https://secure.cruisingpower.com/public/alert.do)

Yes, the date to use the FCC was extended but the date to decide on whether to take a refund was reduced. Those sailings have until the end of 2020 to opt for a refund. The previous round of cancellations have until the end of 2021 to opt for a refund. I had a back to back scheduled in May, the first sailing falls under the first round of cancellations, the second sailing under this last round. 

• 4 months later...

My cruise on May 8, 2020 Millennium was cancelled by Celebrity and we have FCC issued with the expiration date on Mar 15, 2021. We don't think a future booking will be made before the expiration date. Do you think I can ask Celebrity to extend? What department should I email to? Anyone have the email address? Thanks.

11 minutes ago, hellopuppies said:

My cruise on May 8, 2020 Millennium was cancelled by Celebrity and we have FCC issued with the expiration date on Mar 15, 2021. We don't think a future booking will be made before the expiration date. Do you think I can ask Celebrity to extend? What department should I email to? Anyone have the email address? Thanks.

I think someone made a mistake.  We cancelled a 4/19/20 cruise under CWC and our FCC has a expiration date of 12/31/21 to book & cruise must sail by 5/4/22. Celebrity has cancelled another and that FC C also has a 12/31/21 expiration date.

You should call.

20 hours ago, jelayne said:

I think someone made a mistake.  We cancelled a 4/19/20 cruise under CWC and our FCC has a expiration date of 12/31/21 to book & cruise must sail by 5/4/22. Celebrity has cancelled another and that FC C also has a 12/31/21 expiration date.

You should call.

Thanks for your inputs but I prefer to email Celebrity to ask for the extension. Anyone have the email address?

21 minutes ago, hellopuppies said:

Thanks for your inputs but I prefer to email Celebrity to ask for the extension. Anyone have the email address?

Since you are asking for an exception to a policy I would start with CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com.  It's staffed by higher level guest services personnel with a bit more flexibility than the people who generally answer the phone.

On 4/16/2020 at 12:58 PM, NinaBlue22 said:

Yes.  I think more people would take the FCC if they extended the deadline.. we would.

We have a cruise out of Italy in June, we are just waiting for Celebrity to cancel.

I would be much more willing to take the FCC if they extended through 2022, but if not, will have to take the refund.

You can use it for a cruise in 2022 but you must book it before 12/31/21.  I believe you can book a May 2022 cruise. 

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Since you are asking for an exception to a policy I would start with CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com.  It's staffed by higher level guest services personnel with a bit more flexibility than the people who generally answer the phone.

Many thanks! 

I think Celebrity is making a mistake by keeping the window to use FCC only till 12/31/2021.

When Celebrity cancelled my April, 2020 Reflection trans-Atlantic cruise last March they gave me the option of full refund or FCC. I originally opted for the FCC with the deadline of 12/31/2020. Received a email stating that. After the wife and I thought about it with these questions-is this virus crisis going to be over? will we put our health in danger if we fill the standards Celebrity institute are unsafe? or will we be forced to settle for a cruise we really don't want just to get it in? We decided to call Celebrity, through our TA, to request a refund. To my surprise, Celebrity did agree with no hassle but it did take us 4 and half months for it finally appear on my credit card.     

If Celebrity made the cut-off till December, 2022, I probably would we stuck with the FCC and they would been sitting on my $. 

BTW, I did book a October, 2021 Solstice cruise (Tokyo-Singapore) with a refundable deposit. 🙂 Have till July 2021 for final payment. Hope we can get it in.

• 3 months later...
Just now, grandgeezer said:

They will probably have to, eventually. No definite end in sight, and when they do, it'll be limited number of ships and passengers for several months after.

Pure speculation on my part, but I am guessing they will extend thru end of 2022.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sydbarrett said:

3 votes yes...that's enough for me to start planning a summer '22 Euro trip! 🤣

I have been doing the same.  Have a late Aug 2021 booked but don't think that will happen.  Just a small deposit so can easily to move it to a 2022.  Good luck and happy planning!!

• Like 1