Odd E-mail from P&O Anyone?

Britboys

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You clearly have not been sending your quota of complaint e-mails to P&O then Graham.

I deleted 1 of my email accounts because of too many spam emails so maybe the odd emails are up in the cloud.🤔

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

You clearly have not been sending your quota of complaint e-mails to P&O then Graham.

Mine were just general correspondence, not complaints so they are obviously just hitting the reply to all button rather than a specific database.

How very odd! I haven’t emailed p&o ever I don’t think. 
I did get a promotional one the other day with ‘news from Captain Dunlop ‘ and I thought there might be some exciting Iona news - but no!

I did get a ‘happy Easter’ one which was a bit upsetting seeings as I should of been on a cruise that weekend!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I did get a promotional one the other day with ‘news from Captain Dunlop ‘ and I thought there might be some exciting Iona news - but no!

I did get a ‘happy Easter’ one which was a bit upsetting seeings as I should of been on a cruise that weekend!

That was the 2 I got recently too.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 4:19 PM, Selbourne said:

In addition to the several emails received this week about an old complaint, over the past few weeks I have received a cancellation invoice for a cruise that’s been cancelled showing that I would only get half the money back and another, for a cruise deposit that I deferred to FCC, showing that I owe 10p. The only accurate email from P&O was the one saying that their own cancellation email, when it arrived, would be inaccurate 😂

I can't stop laughing at some of these posts. I'm a technological idiot😩, so do you think I'm over-qualified for an IT job with P&O.? 

Avril 

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Do you book via a travel agent by any chance?

We book direct so the odd time we have to contact them and it’s easier (and you have a written confirmation of the reply) if you do it by email.

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I can't stop laughing at some of these posts. I'm a technological idiot😩, so do you think I'm over-qualified for an IT job with P&O.? 

Avril 

Being incompetent as far as IT is concerned will certainly get you through the initial screening, but a complete inability to perform even the most basic IT functions without an almost comedic level of errors is required to get to interview stage. Those who get through the various stages must also be able to demonstrate that they are able to leave IT problems unresolved for years on end whilst coming up with creative statements such as “We are aware of an IT problem regarding x and are doing our best to fix it”. It’s a tough ask though. I have worked with a few pretty dire IT people over the years and none of them would come remotely close to the level of incompetence required to work in the IT department at P&O. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Do you book via a travel agent by any chance?

We book direct so the odd time we have to contact them and it’s easier (and you have a written confirmation of the reply) if you do it by email.

No I’ve always booked direct.

On 4/18/2020 at 5:20 PM, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Avril, you are definitely over qualified for P&O IT

Edited by Josy1953

Still about emails......but not of the kind you are reporting here. Not one i think of as odd - but just wrong!

I had an email yesterday from P&O which was a promotional mail drop. OK, understandable keeping the brand/product in my mind and I have no problem with them doing that - it's  just the subject of their advert. 

I can't say how inappropriate and even offensive I find the 'Food Heroes' theme of the email.  I have no problem with P&O continuing to advertise  and promote the Company but at a time when we all know what constitutes being a true hero - this seems so ill-judged.  

The term 'Hero' for some, albeit well respected, professional chefs always seemed to me to be the wrong label but at the moment it is so inappropriate.  I would have hoped that P&O would drop this particular email certainly in recognition of the the true heroes of today.  

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 1

| doubt that this messages are sent by real people. Most likely they were written in advance and some machines just spams them out to everyone. I remember trying to reply to those emails and I never got an adequate response. I also doubt that there are many people monitoring such emails these days..I am crusious about their office (home working) hours.. maybe its better to just give them a call

54 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Still about emails......but not of the kind you are reporting here. Not one i think of as odd - but just wrong!

I had an email yesterday from P&O which was a promotional mail drop. OK, understandable keeping the brand/product in my mind and I have no problem with them doing that - it's  just the subject of their advert. 

I can't say how inappropriate and even offensive I find the 'Food Heroes' theme of the email.  I have no problem with P&O continuing to advertise  and promote the Company but at a time when we all know what constitutes being a true hero - this seems so ill-judged.  

The term 'Hero' for some, albeit well respected, professional chefs always seemed to me to be the wrong label but at the moment it is so inappropriate.  I would have hoped that P&O would drop this particular email certainly in recognition of the the true heroes of today.  

I agree. I think that the word ‘Hero’ is now one of the most over used words of the current day. I have never bought the line that you are automatically a ‘hero’ because of a profession or job that you choose to do and are remunerated for. A hero, in my eyes, is someone who does something like genuinely putting their own life at risk in order to save another’s. A job doesn’t automatically make you a hero, but a specific act within that job can do. All that being said, clearly a lot of health workers (and others) are currently risking their own lives in order to save others and are worthy of the title. But a chef knocking up a dish in his kitchen to remind us about what we are missing on our cruises - perhaps not!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

I agree. I think that the word ‘Hero’ is now one of the most over used words of the current day. I have never bought the line that you are automatically a ‘hero’ because of a profession or job that you choose to do and are remunerated for. A hero, in my eyes, is someone who does something like genuinely putting their own life at risk in order to save another’s. A job doesn’t automatically make you a hero, but a specific act within that job can do. All that being said, clearly a lot of health workers (and others) are currently risking their own lives in order to save others and are worthy of the title. But a chef knocking up a dish in his kitchen to remind us about what we are missing on our cruises - perhaps not!

In fairness P&O have been using the "Food Heroes" slogan as advertising for some years now, it may seem inappropriate in the current situation, but changing the slogan would be equally likely to produce adverse criticism.  

20 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

In fairness P&O have been using the "Food Heroes" slogan as advertising for some years now, it may seem inappropriate in the current situation, but changing the slogan would be equally likely to produce adverse criticism.  

They have John, and I thought it was inappropriate from the start, for the reasons stated in my post!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I would still question why they are called 'heroes'?  It wasn't appropriate from the start but is tasteless in the current situation where people are genuinely risking their lies to support the rest of us.  Moving out of your home, distancing yourself from your children, working with inadequate protection are genuinely acts to be lauded.  Not a cream tea!   And for me it beggars belief anyone would be critical were the Food Heroes adverts dropped!  

• Thanks 1

Important information regarding recent emails you have received 

Dear Guest,

We are aware of an issue with our customer services email system which meant you have received an unexpected email from us.

We have worked with our technology departments as a priority and are pleased to say that this has now been resolved. 

Please ignore any unexpected emails you have received from us and please accept our apologies for any concerns or confusion this may have caused. This was an internal matter and has now been fully rectified. 

We would like to thank you for your understanding.

Yours sincerely,

For information, received from P&O this morning.

• Thanks 1