What has to happen before you take your next cruise?

With some talk starting now about "re-opening the economy", I interested in knowing what would have to happen before for you to take your next cruise? 

Specifically, does something need to happen for you to book another cruise (e.g., vaccine available for Covid-19, hand-washing stations at all food venues on board, etc.) or would you go as soon as your allowed?

Just get the ships running. I'm exposed to stuff every day, might as well be on a cruise ship. In all seriousness, I need some sort of confidence that my week out of work isn't going to turn into three weeks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, snowbird1 said:

I think either a drug that fights this and lessons the severity or a vaccine.

Yes, that sounds pretty good.

I've surely go zero interest in cruising under these conditions:
      https://crew-center.com/costa-cruises-doctor-dies-after-testing-positive-covid-19

4 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Vaccines that work

You are aware that there may well never be a "vaccine" right? People love to keep using the "vaccine" word like it is a guarantee one will be developed and will guarantee their safety. I hope it happens too.....but I ain't gonna wait.

When the ships start sailing, so will I.............

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, L454S said:

You are aware that there may well never be a "vaccine" right? People love to keep using the "vaccine" word like it is a guarantee one will be developed and will guarantee their safety. I hope it happens too.....but I ain't gonna wait.

When the ships start sailing, so will I.............

The chances are one will be developed sometime in the future don’t suppose it’s going to be 100% but one would certainly help I’m sure.

Happy sailings.

10 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

We have had flu vaccines available every year that are not 100% effective so the possibility of a vaccine that will "work" against the corona virus is not a given.

The flu vaccines we all know aren’t 100% but they certainly help and I’m sure have helped save many lives and illnesses.

Its pretty obvious the possibility of a vaccine that will work 100% against the corona virus is not a given but I’m sure the powers that be are doing there utmost to find one that will help us all.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

We have had flu vaccines available every year that are not 100% effective so the possibility of a vaccine that will "work" against the corona virus is not a given.

And there is a considerable number who don’t take them. There has already been a survey in the U.K. asking people if they will take the vaccine when it becomes available. Around 20% said there wouldn’t or didn’t know. 
Someone will come on and waffle on about herd immunity but this is a serious problem. People are taking scientific advise from social media. Just look at the vandalising of 5G masts 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 2

I agree with the "little old lady" from LV.  As soon as they open the doors I will be on the cruises I have booked.  I find it interesting that we are suppose to put our vacation plans in the hands of a Dr.  It is not the Dr.'s place to tell us we can not take a vacation, regardless of where we are going.  If they want a release signed then that is what would happen.  At what point in time to we start taking responsibility for our decisions instead of letting other people dictate what we can and cannot do. 

• Like 3

Exactly, I will be 80 years old in July.  I walk 2 to 3 miles a day, do yoga, and work with a trainer 3 times a week.  My BMI is 26, blood pressure 110 over 74.  I have no underlying illnesses.  My Doctor does want to sign any stupid letter that covers Royal's liability.  I would be more than willing to sign a letter taking responsibility for my own health.  I am sure that I am at less risk than a 400 lb 40 year old riding around in a scooter.  Picking an arbitrary number like 70 should bring lawyers out of the woodwork, filing age discrimination suits.  

Brenda

• Like 2

What I would like to see:

Temperature Check prior to boarding and through-out the cruise. (Full body infrared Scanners/Hand Held Device) if there is a problem-one goes for a further screening)  Ditto for Airlines and other mass transportation

Daily Temperature check of crew.

Higher criteria for cleaning.  (Is there an ultraviolet light/wand that crew could use to make sure surfaces are effectively cleaned?)

Utilization of sanitation wipes. (I know flushing is a problem-aren't there wipes that disintegrate like toilet paper?)

Update/Enhance Medical Facilities and Personnel on ship

Have protocol in place in regard to large illness outbreak on cruise ship and which ports would accept these ill passengers.( No more floundering ghost ships that no country wanted)

Honestly, I can't think of any restaurant on land that I have ever gone to that told me to wash my hands before I entered.  Cruise ships personnel have constantly reminded cruisers to wash hands and use the sanitizers.

Since, there has been such negative publicity in regard to cruising:

Invite Youtube 'Influencers' to cruise, especially those with families.  Let them highlight cruising. 

Forget doctor notes and age discrimination

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 6:57 PM, Airbear232 said:

With some talk starting now about "re-opening the economy", I interested in knowing what would have to happen before for you to take your next cruise? 

Specifically, does something need to happen for you to book another cruise (e.g., vaccine available for Covid-19, hand-washing stations at all food venues on board, etc.) or would you go as soon as your allowed?

Either eradication of the Covid-19 or a proven vaccine.

Currently in Europe social distancing of 2 metres is mandatory. I understand something similar in USA but not sure if its enforced there.
It is not possible for cruise ships to operate similar social distancing rules (consider elevators, corridors, stairs, decks, theatres) so my question is in the absence of a vaccine or an immunity passport IS IT POSSIBLE OR SENSIBLE TO GO ON A CRUISE SHIP WHICH OPERATES LOWER STANDARDS OF HEALTH AND SAFETY THAN ARE IN PLACE IN OUR HOME COUNTRIES?
Similar argument goes for travelling by plane I guess. It just seems counter productive to make millions of people keep 6 feet from everyone else 24/7 then allow them to go on a cruise. Although the alternative is waiting another 18 months for a vaccine and I doubt cruise lines can wait that long.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app