No Old People

CruisingAlong4Now

1 minute ago, honumaui said:

Are you headed to Flagstaff? It is beautiful there. We are having record heat here.  But as we sat in AZ "it is a dry heat"

Just passing through this time. We've got to get home and help our daughter move. We camped in the Camp Verde area last fall, and enjoyed the milder temperatures. We love the Flagstaff area, as well. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 1:10 AM, Traveling Mike said:

But what is "Old People"?  When I was 10 years old 30 was old.  When I was 30 years old 60 was old.  Now that I am almost 60 years old 80 is old.  What will I think when I am 80?

Also

How old do I need to be before i feel old enough for the Adult table at Thanksgiving Dinner?

My hubby and I are almost 72.  Do we need to show a health certificate and get special permission to cruise on a ship on which these "young cruisers" happen to be sailing?  I would hate to cramp their young style.  The irony is: they will be the old people one day!  Lol

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 7:55 PM, CruisingAlong4Now said:

I'm laughing at the threads on the Ask a Cruise Question and on the Royal Caribbean  boards which espouse the position that old people shouldn't be allowed to cruise because if they get sick, they tend to get very sick, and they may overwhelm the on-board medical facilities.

"Suggestions RCL needs to do to get people cruising again"  Solution: Ban passengers in higher risk categories (age, diabetes, smokers, asthma, autoimmune diseases, etc.) for the foreseeable future.  The categories I listed are just possibilities. Ultimately scientists/doctors would have to release a list of categories/conditions that would prohibit going on a cruise ship. The argument was that they ban babies under 6 months so they should ban old people.

"9 ways cruising will be different when it starts up again"

Solution: restrictions on who can travel. Don't let old people travel because they tend to be sicker than young people. 

I’d laugh at the ridiculousness of this suggestion, but it’s too offensive

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/16/2020 at 12:10 AM, Traveling Mike said:

...How old do I need to be before i feel old enough for the Adult table at Thanksgiving Dinner?

Mike, the adult table is grossly over-rated (all that not chewing with your mouth open, keeping elbows off the table, and besides someone might catch you hiding your Brussel Sprouts and make you eat them at the adult table)

• Like 1

This reminds me of a post I read on a FB group.  There was an article about how a man drove into a storefront; he had been wearing a medical boot and shouldn't have been driving, of course, and I'm guessing his wide boot hit the wrong pedal.  The article showed the person's face, on the "older" side but might not even have been even 60.  Of course, people don't read the articles, and someone commented, "They should take driver license away from old people, like when they turn 65!"  

I was maybe 54 at the time thinking, "ya know... 65 really isn't that old, and someday before you know it, you'll be 65!"  But I get it... when you're 25-30, 65 is ancient.

And when I was 65 I thought 80 was VERY OLD. Now I am 80 and would have been cursing a lot the last few years except for covid. Last cruise before covid we were 77 & 78 . Had a great time on the Windsurf! Have a cruise planned for Jan 2023.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, honumaui said:

And when I was 65 I thought 80 was VERY OLD. Now I am 80 and would have been cursing a lot the last few years except for covid. Last cruise before covid we were 77 & 78 . Had a great time on the Windsurf! Have a cruise planned for Jan 2023.

Do you look 80 ? I look about 20 years younger than my age.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 5:06 AM, simplelife said:

How doss 80 look? Or 65? 

When my husband of 32 years and I were dating, I wore his letter-sweater to work, and my immediate supervisor commented that he didn't think dr'spin was that old. (Because it was also his high school year!) When I related it to DH, he replied, "I have to warn you, people think I am about ten years younger than I am." (due to his baby-face!) I replied, "I have to warn you, I will always BE about ten years younger than you am."

• Like 1