Have You Been Informed That Your FCC Is Available For Use?

SilvertoGold

4 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

With the new cancellations yesterday I reached out to my PCC to replace our March 7 day cruise with a 12 day cruise.  When booking it she realized that the FCC was available to use.  I’m still waiting on the refunds for port taxes and insurance but did consider it a positive step.

Thanks for that! So I guess it's possible my FCC has been processed (even though my refund of the shore excursions hasn't) but I'd have to just keep calling them to find out... that's kind of what I was hoping to avoid, lol.

12 hours ago, JJG99 said:

Hi, 

HAL cancelled 2B2B cruises departing FL 22nd March and 5th April on us and like everyone else we are waiting for our FCC. You mentioned that "our FCC was posted to our Mariner numbers"- Does this actually appear somewhere on our Mariner account?? and if so, where would I find it?  We are also waiting for FCC from Princess for a cruise that they cancelled with only 24 hours notice on the 13th March for a 14th March sailing (lucky we hadn't flown out of Australia a day earlier) but Princess have a designated section for FCC in My Profile and then Circle Savings Account. We are up to day 56 since we put in our request for FCC, so it will be interesting to see if something appears in the next week.

I will post here- if we receive our FCC.

Cheers,

Jenny

Thanks, Jenny  Princess is light years ahead of HAL in having an area on MY Account for the FCC!

On 5/3/2020 at 2:20 PM, SilvertoGold said:

If you receive any word from HAL or your refund, please post to this thread!

Got the email a few minutes ago!  Our PCC will be putting the FCC and OBC towards our January cruise.  Have you heard anything yet?

We got an email from HAL this afternoon too , saying our FCC was available to book a new cruise.  But our PCC used it yesterday to apply to a new cruise.  No cash refund yet for flights or port fees, etc.  

I just got notification of my FCC from my canceled 5/24 cruise, but only for one passenger's fare rather than both. Anyone else have the same experience? I guess I'll give them a call and inquire tomorrow.

11 hours ago, CJcruzer said:

The date of your cruise only applies when HAL has cancelled sailings.  So your cancellation should slot into 30-60 days from your date of cancellation with HAL.

Thank you for this information. I cancelled on 3/23/20, so we're about on day 44 or so; however, I also initiated a CC dispute a week ago, so I guess that puts me on the back of HAL's line, according to some posters. I did not want to pay my CC bill with the large final payment, especially when HAL originally told me it would take 14 days for a refund, which would have cancelled out my CC bill.

21 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Got the email a few minutes ago!  Our PCC will be putting the FCC and OBC towards our January cruise.  Have you heard anything yet?

Hi!  No, HAL cancelled on us 48 hours before departure and we get both refund and FCC. So, that may put us on the bottom of their seemingly bottomless list :)

Congratulations.  Nice to have that settled!  Do you think January will be on?

3 minutes ago, PSR said:

Thank you for this information. I cancelled on 3/23/20, so we're about on day 44 or so; however, I also initiated a CC dispute a week ago, so I guess that puts me on the back of HAL's line, according to some posters. I did not want to pay my CC bill with the large final payment, especially when HAL originally told me it would take 14 days for a refund, which would have cancelled out my CC bill.

I am not sure what this means “go to the back of HAL’s line”....

I am disputing re  cancelling some shore excursions purchased for future cruises, for which I have not been reimbursed.  Nothing to do with cancelled cruise season (already had that one early on in Feb, when only the remainder of Asia sailings were cancelled).

Since then I have cancelled 2 future cruises, not related to any of HAL’s recent cancellations, , but those I have to wait for the 60 days (as per my TA).  

So this end of the line expression, what does that actually mean?

Carol

7 minutes ago, CJcruzer said:

So this end of the line expression, what does that actually mean?

I've been reading so many refund posts lately, I can't remember what thread it was on, but someone mentioned that if you dispute your cruise CC charge,-- HAL (not sure how), moves you to the end of the line-- for a refund. Not sure how that would work, but I probably shouldn't have used the term without a verification of some sort. Sorry. 😔

47 minutes ago, strickerj said:

I just got notification of my FCC from my canceled 5/24 cruise, but only for one passenger's fare rather than both. Anyone else have the same experience? I guess I'll give them a call and inquire tomorrow.

Today my wife and I each got a notification that our FCC and $250 OBC is now available. This was for a June 7 sailing that HAL canceled on 4/16.

• Thanks 1

I also received notification tonight of my FCC & $250 obc from my 3/28 cruise canceled around 3/14.  The FCC was exactly to the penny what I had calculated.  Haven't seen the refund of port fees/taxes yet.

Sue/WDW1972

My wife and I were on the 3/14 Mexico sailing and it was cancelled by HAL the day before. OK, we understand why

and we hadn't left home yet.

We did buy some extras before sailing and these were refunded to the credit card promptly. I "spoke" with a HAL

chat-bot ~2 days ago about FCC etc as it was very close to the 60-day limit and I'd seen nothing. Today, I got an

email that FCC was available!

So, here's the breakdown. (Base?) cruise fare was $1027.12 and taxes/fees were $224.0. We later purchased

an upgrade for $99 pp. The total of all those is (1027.12 + 224.0 + 99.0 + 99.0) = $1449.12.

Our FCC was $847.50 plus $250 OBC each. The only way I can come near that number is:

125% base fare = 1027.12 * 1.25 = 1283.90, then add on the taxes/fees and the upgrade (+224 + 198) to get

$1705.9 and divide that by 2 to get $852.95 (close enough).

Does that sound right?

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, phil_daly said:

My wife and I were on the 3/14 Mexico sailing and it was cancelled by HAL the day before. OK, we understand why

We did buy some extras before sailing and these were refunded to the credit card promptly. I "spoke" with a HAL

chat-bot ~2 days ago about FCC etc as it was very close to the 60-day limit and I'd seen nothing. Today, I got an

So, here's the breakdown. (Base?) cruise fare was $1027.12 and taxes/fees were $224.0. We later purchased

an upgrade for $99 pp. The total of all those is (1027.12 + 224.0 + 99.0 + 99.0) = $1449.12.

Our FCC was $847.50 plus $250 OBC each. The only way I can come near that number is:

125% base fare = 1027.12 * 1.25 = 1283.90, then add on the taxes/fees and the upgrade (+224 + 198) to get

Does that sound right?

Thanks in advance.

Are those fares per person? Mine was exactly 125% of the base fare without taxes and port fees. I don't know how the upgrade would have been counted.

8 minutes ago, phil_daly said:

Does that sound right?

Thanks in advance.

mine was 125% of the base fare to the penny.

1 minute ago, strickerj said:

Are those fares per person? Mine was exactly 125% of the base fare without taxes and port fees. I don't know how the upgrade would have been counted.

The 1027.12 was the fare for 2 people ($513.56 each). Taxes were for 2 ($112.0 each). Upgrade was $99.0 each. Apologies for

not being specific.

1 hour ago, strickerj said:

My husband received an e-mail this afternoon saying his FCC and was ready to use, 1/2 of the total fare.  I thought it was weird, but about an hour later I received an e-mail as well for my half of the fare.  We have to contact our PCC to have the FCC applied to our upcoming cruise.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, phil_daly said:

The 1027.12 was the fare for 2 people ($513.56 each). Taxes were for 2 ($112.0 each). Upgrade was $99.0 each. Apologies for

not being specific.

No problem... Yeah I'm not sure what's going on there. Your FCC is much more than 125% of the base fare ($513.56 x 1.25 = $641.95) and even more than the fare with the upgrade ($612.56 x 1.25 = $765.70), and they definitely shouldn't have counted the taxes since those will be refunded. I can't find any combination of those numbers with or without the 25% bonus that equals $847.50. That's weird.

4 minutes ago, Double D Cruisers said:

My husband received an e-mail this afternoon saying his FCC and was ready to use, 1/2 of the total fare.  I thought it was weird, but about an hour later I received an e-mail as well for my half of the fare.  We have to contact our PCC to have the FCC applied to our upcoming cruise.

Hopefully it's just a little behind then, thanks!

We also received our FCC notification this morning. We had 2 cruises cancelled. Mark got his 125% of his base fare on the cruise departing 22nd March, but I didn’t. But I received 125% of my base fare on the second cruise departing 5th April, but Mark didn’t.

We have not received the tax/ port charge component yet. Does that come from HAL or does HAL send that money to our TA and they reimburse that money onto the credit card that you used to pay for the total amount of the cruise fare??  It was nice to receive the $250 OBC each, as we thought that it was just $250 for the total cruise. But hey, we’ll accept it gratefully.

Cheers,

Jenny

Just got told by our TA that after speaking to HAL office that the FCC are being processed separately to the tax/port charge fees and “because of the high volume of claims” that it could take another 90 days or more to get the tax refund.

At least we have some FCC, even though HAL have changed the time to rebook from 31st December 2021 for cruises up to and including 2022 ( which they initially offered in their first cancellation email) to now having to book from 1 year from today’s date.

Better outcome than we thought we were going to get. 
Just wish we could look into that crystal ball and find out when cruises are going to recommence. 🤔🤔

Jenny

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IPB4IGO said:

Today my wife and I each got a notification that our FCC and $250 OBC is now available. This was for a June 7 sailing that HAL canceled on 4/16.

I have FCC and cash refund coming from my June 7 sailing that I cancelled on March 19th.  So far, I've heard nothing about either.  Happy for you.

We got our notification emails yesterday. HAL cancelled our June '20 voyage on April 15, so it took 22 days to arrive. Not bad, considering what they must be going through.

On April 17, we booked essentially the same trip for '21, and the FCC will cover the entire fare (less our $600 future cruise deposit), and leave us with a balance of $795, which we will apply to something in '22.

After reading all posts, it's quite obvious there is no real time frame for the FCC's.  My 44 day cruise for March 15th was cancelled on March 10th for which FCC should be forthcoming.  When?  Today is day 59.  I note that FCC's have been given to April and even a May cruise with cancellations well after mine.  Does it do me any good to vent?  Yes.  Does my anxiety level need to escalate?  No.

I also have a ton of $$$ owed for 24 day June cruise and 74 day Africa cruise.  I'm trying to be patient.  Then again, I really have no choice.