The Daily for Thursday May 7, 2020

richwmn

Interesting.  While I'm sure HAL has had a lot of  cancellations, my booking for my segment of the 2021 World Cruise (Dubai to FTL) still has not cleared the wait list.  At the moment that's my only HAL booking but I still have a couple of other cruises that I think could happen.

Roy

• Like 1

Thank you for the report, Rich, and the other helpful information.  Keep up the good work.  We definitely will be saying our prayers today.

I had a nice chat with our PCC yesterday.  She said HAL has been wonderful and paid all commissions to the PCCs for their cancelled cruises for March, April and May, and she thinks it will continue.  I said I knew that travel agents had gotten their commissions, I didn't know that about the PCCs.  It must be chaotic at their office with all the calls.  She said some people are very unhappy, but most understand the situation and are supportive.  She said they do feel more secure under the Carnival "umbrella", but there are doubts about NCL.

• Thanks 1

Can I add this quote of the day from (You guessed it, "Come From Away", specifically the number "Costume Party" was playing on my CD as I drove home from the UPS store.  "In a town that suddenly doubled population, I feel so alone".  Just hit me like a ton of bricks.

Roy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NextOne said:

We are booked for the November 2021 "Spanish Farewell" on the Zuidy. I've already booked a tour for it!

We're booked on that cruise as well - looking forward to it more now than ever!

And Rich - if you stop this thread, then I want my money back!  Do you know who I am?  I'm a 4 Star Mariner and demand satisfaction!   (all things I've heard while patiently waiting to speak to someone at Guest Services aboard a Dam ship).  And wine.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Can I add this quote of the day from (You guessed it, "Come From Away", specifically the number "Costume Party" was playing on my CD as I drove home from the UPS store.  "In a town that suddenly doubled population, I feel so alone".  Just hit me like a ton of bricks.

Roy

Hi Roy,

Oh Roy your not alone!!!! We will wake up from this sad situation and see another new day. I so love all your writings of your marvelous adventures and there will be more in your future! I commend you for all you do for your fire department, The Boy Scouts, your faith. You help so many people and just know virtual hugs are coming your way!

I so look forward to your next up coming cruise and reading your adventures!

Stay safe Roy

Denise😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

This is what I always wake up to in our upstairs bedroom with my coffee!

Our Cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam 24 day and we were in Santorini !!  After our cruise we stayed in Santorini and took this pic of her a week later!

image.thumb.jpeg.2cd4ae5869a450824b88c6edabc9c597.jpeg

What a great picture Denise! I'll  bet you have sweet dreams!

Today was a red letter day!! All our favorite paper goods were available AND my favorite Pinot Grigio (Santa Margherita) was waiting for me on the shelf! I ran to the Fish Market and picked up a few beautiful king crab legs!

Celebrating the National Day of Prayer tonight. What? I'm Lutheran.. we drink!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

What a great picture Denise! I'll  bet you have sweet dreams!

Today was a red letter day!! All our favorite paper goods were available AND my favorite Pinot Grigio (Santa Margherita) was waiting for me on the shelf! I ran to the Fish Market and picked up a few beautiful king crab legs!

Celebrating the National Day of Prayer tonight. What? I'm Lutheran.. we drink!!

Santa Margherita is my fav too! Looking at it in my wine rack👍
ordering Italian for dinner tonight! 
Yum to crab legs !! Have a great dinner!

Denise😊

• Like 1

Not giving up cruising just yet. Booked a 15 day on the Rotterdam for next Sept. to replace the one that was cancelled yesterday. This year, I'l travel in the US by train and car.

Thanks for he Daily!

• Like 1

I'm one of the (probably many) lurkers who has become addicted to the daily.  I hope you keep it up!

We've now had TWO cruises cancelled for 2020 - the original and the substitute.  My wonderful DH, who couldn't imagine dealing with all the depression, found a lovely one for fall of 2021.  That means that we will have two vacations, one on each US coast, in 2021.  Prayers to the cruise gods that the industry gets back on its feet.  I'm doing everything I can!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kazu said:

Glad to hear your thread will continue. 🙂 

I share your concerns and  hope ❤️ 

Thank you for the daily report.  It’s always appreciated.

kazu,

Did you get a good report about your foot?

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

Thank you for the daily report.

On Monday we will learn if domestic tourism  can restart.

Good luck with that!🙂

Our Dr. Bonnie said today that she encourages us to stay put and not go anywhere we don't absolutely have to, even as things start to open up.  Certainly I don't think anyone will be leaving the country this year on holiday.

7 hours ago, erewhon said:

kazu,

Did you get a good report about your foot?

Yes and no - Yes because - the cast came off and I am in a walking boot (which beats a cast) for 6 weeks and then if no pain, I can walk without it.  

No - because it’s the smallest metatarsal that gets the least amount of blood and needs good blood flow to have a successful union.  It doesn’t always heal and if it doesn’t, I’ll need surgery.  Crossing my fingers that my usual good healing power is still working 🤞🙏🏻🤞

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Yes and no - Yes because - the cast came off and I am in a walking boot (which beats a cast) for 6 weeks and then if no pain, I can walk without it.  

No - because it’s the smallest metatarsal that gets the least amount of blood and needs good blood flow to have a successful union.  It doesn’t always heal and if it doesn’t, I’ll need surgery.  Crossing my fingers that my usual good healing power is still working 🤞🙏🏻🤞

Crossing my fingers for you, too!

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Can you walk now with just the boot or do you need crutches as well?  Wishing you expeditious healing.

Roy

I need to use the crutches or a cane for now.  Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be able to walk with just the boot.  Pain is my guide, basically 😉   I was warned not to overdo - especially at the beginning.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for your reply, it's progress to have  the plaster off.  Try to  keep resting with your foot elevated.

Hope that your usual  good healing is effective.

29 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for your reply, it's progress to have  the plaster off.  Try to  keep resting with your foot elevated.

Hope that your usual  good healing is effective.

thanks. Oh yes, big progress to at least be able to hobble.

I won the battle with the elbow once before (that brace was supposed to be on for 20 weeks and was off in 6 and I was encouraged to go on my cruise as long as I used the hydrotherapy pool for one set of exercises a day) so I am hopeful I can do it again.

I realyl appreciate the good wishes.

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

thanks. Oh yes, big progress to at least be able to hobble.

I won the battle with the elbow once before (that brace was supposed to be on for 20 weeks and was off in 6 and I was encouraged to go on my cruise as long as I used the hydrotherapy pool for one set of exercises a day) so I am hopeful I can do it again.

I realyl appreciate the good wishes.

Good luck.