Please clarify "Double Your Deposit" cruise credit offer

chamima

15 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Actually I think we all agree that you lose the OBC associated with a FCD 

Yes, but the OBC would return when you used your FCD on a subsequent booking.

btw my FCD should have expired but I asked for it to be extended rather than refunded last summer, before deciding on our Enchanted 2020 cruise back in December.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Yes, but the OBC would return when you used your FCD on a subsequent booking.

btw my FCD should have expired but I asked for it to be extended rather than refunded last summer, before deciding on our Enchanted 2020 cruise back in December.

Clarified but I totally concur with above ^

41 minutes ago, Ombud said:

you lose the OBC associated with a FCD if it's returned as dbl FCC

Each person should determine what outcome they want. I'm getting refund on 1st Pause 1 cancelation, FCC on 2nd Pause 1 cancelation, and refund on Pause 3 cancelation 

Edited by Ombud

We have a FCD that expired last fall and a princess supervisor told us the first day it would not be doubled only returned to us.  We transferred this FCD when we cancelled another cruise pre covid.   They will double our initial deposit but not the FCD.  

10 hours ago, Esprit said:

If that's the case why would anyone accept the doubled FCC and lose the OBC, plus pay more for a deposit (despite having the FCC available to offset)?

On most cases, the value of the OBC is $100 or less. It is only more for voyages over 16 days.

So if you have another FCD to use as a deposit, you get more or equal value if the origincal FCD value is doubled as a $200 FCC.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Esprit said:

Thanks Mike

Seems really unfair.

I've yet to check with my TA about my cancelled Enchanted Princess August cruise. When I do I'll post what they tell me, but I will try to have the FCD maintained. 

Peter

Looking forward to hearing what you find out as we booked our August Enchanted sailing with a FCD.

28 minutes ago, pisamoorings said:

Looking forward to hearing what you find out as we booked our August Enchanted sailing with a FCD.

My TA didn’t know the answer and would contact Princess. The TA called back saying they couldn’t get through to Princess but would keep trying.

As mentioned in another post I get the point that the FCC could be worth more depending on the cruise length. In my case it would be a two week cruise and with the weak £ against the $ I would prefer the OBC to the FCC on conversion of my £150 FCD

2 hours ago, caribill said:

On most cases, the value of the OBC is $100 or less. It is only more for voyages over 16 days.

So if you have another FCD to use as a deposit, you get more or equal value if the origincal FCD value is doubled as a $200 FCC.

Actually, I think the decision tree is this (if intending to book again):

1.  Do I have another FCD on account?  YES - Use that for a new booking and re-earn OBC.  Accept the Double the Deposit offer and then apply the Doubled FCC to the new booking as a further down payment.  NO - Do next analysis.

2. If no more FCD, then assume you do have one and would it earn more or less than the Double the Deposit offer gives you?    EARN MORE - Refuse the offer and ask for a restore of the FCD to your account an use as deposit to a new booking.  EARN LESS - Accept the offer and use as deposit on a new booking. 

If you need to book and cannot wait for Princess to do their "magic", then you just need to pay a cash deposit and take the offer.

• Like 2

Had a call from my TA who spoke with Princess.

My FCD of £150 can not be taken off the cancelled cruise for reuse, but will be doubled up to become FCC. Not what I wanted.

I will however get my prepaid flight (one way to Rome) doubled up too, so that softens the FCD blow.

The TA also said I would still get OBC on a future cruise, but I could not use the FCC as the deposit.

It would need to be physically paid, which could be as little as £100 if I booked under their current sale before 30 June 2020.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else get treated the same?

Obviously, I have the refund option, but for the small sums involved I will accept the FCC

On 5/12/2020 at 11:47 AM, Ombud said:

Actually I think we all agree that you lose the OBC associated with a FCD 

Oh darn.  We paid a $1,225.00 cash deposit for our 56 day cruise which was just cancelled.  The booking came with a $1,500 OBC.  If I'm understanding this correctly, we would receive $2,450 FCC and lose the $1,500.00 OBC.