Hello 2021!

chemmo

We have a b2b on Constellation out of Tampa in March 2021. Hope it goes as same itinerary for first leg is not offered for 2022. As an aside I booked first class round trip airfare for both of us for less than we paid in March 2020 for one of us!  It is a fully refundable airfare too. 

7 hours ago, downsmead said:

The 2020 holidays up until October have either been cancelled or re-booked, but I still have a cruise at the end of a October, which as yet, hasn’t  fallen within a CwC time frame.

I believe the CwC time frame was extended through April 2020, as of a few days ago!  🙂

12 hours ago, 39august said:

People who can drive to a port are so lucky!  There is no way we can drive to Florida to take a cruise. I am really more concerned about flying than cruising. We have a late Nov.-Dec. cruise booked but I don't think we will be going. Hope all 4 of our 2021 cruises will be a go. We are booked on Reflection and Equinox. 

I agree... we are more fearful of flying than cruising.... we have to do two legs to get to Florida... 8 hours minimum....

We are lucky and don’t have to fly to cruise.3 -1/2 hours to Ft Lauderdale. But was thinking of Jan- Feb 2021. May be a little early and don’t want to sail in hurricane season so may have to find something in between. I guess we are in a holding pattern to see what the cruise lines will do as far as restrictions and required face masks if they require it. I sure do miss going. But it’s always fun to plan. Pick dates and everything else that goes with it. 
Like the old saying goes... you don’t know what you got till it’s gone. But it will be back soon.

13 hours ago, 39august said:

People who can drive to a port are so lucky!  There is no way we can drive to Florida to take a cruise. I am really more concerned about flying than cruising. We have a late Nov.-Dec. cruise booked but I don't think we will be going. Hope all 4 of our 2021 cruises will be a go. We are booked on Reflection and Equinox. 

I know exactly how you feel, we are hoping to do a B2B on the Reflection out of Fort Lauderdale in March 2021 BUT we don't know if the flights will be back by then let alone whether the cruise is still on.  

Being so far away from everything was seen by us to be a Disadvantage but at the moment we feel we are lucky with our own self-distancing coming natural.

Being really distant from a port is a difficulty at present...You have the dilemma of booking flights in advance at a reasonable price, paying a premium for flights you can cancel or waiting until near to the time and then possibly paying a high price and not getting the best option. 

In this his situation I would still be tempted to book a cruise to have something to look forward to and worry about flights later...If things didn’t work out again I would switch the cruise to a later date.

5 hours ago, zestyzorra said:

I believe the CwC time frame was extended through April 2020, as of a few days ago!  🙂

The Celebrity CwC is for sail dates up to September 1,2020. Not sure of your April 2020 date, or did you mean 2021, or perhaps you are thinking of 'Lift and Shift' which has to be done by August 2020.

This particular cruise is with Princess and although they have gone further than Celebrity and cancelled their remaining 2020 summer season cruises, again this is outside their current cancellations.

Chemmo- we got an excellent price for our LA flight for this cruise, I booked early to get a good deal which is now outside of the BA time frame to move flights! Never mind, I am prepared to swallow this loss if need be, BA refunded us for our last cancelled flight.

Edited by downsmead

1 hour ago, downsmead said:

Chemmo- we got an excellent price for our LA flight for this cruise, I booked early to get a good deal which is now outside of the BA time frame to move flights! Never mind, I am prepared to swallow this loss if need be, BA refunded us for our last cancelled flight.

You never know, BA may be generous....

Ironically after many years we have just got enough Virgin airmiles for an Upper Class flight to the US....Lets hope they are still in business when we are able to fly again!!!

12 hours ago, downsmead said:

The Celebrity CwC is for sail dates up to September 1,2020. Not sure of your April 2020 date, or did you mean 2021, or perhaps you are thinking of 'Lift and Shift' which has to be done by August 2020.

I apologize, I meant April 2022. But now they have changed it to May 2022. This is only the CwC ability to cancel up to 48 hours. 

Per the Celebrity CwC FAQ page:  "All sailings through May 4, 2022, are included in the Cruise with Confidence program."

You are correct that Lift and Shift (and the better pricing benefits) end in August 2020. 

I didn't realize your October 2020 sailing was on Princess.

On 5/13/2020 at 4:13 AM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Our plan exactly except we moved our 2020 cruise to 2022 since we already have a 2021 booking for Alaska. Hope you can enjoy your time at home.

Hi Any chance Millie June 4, 2021 Seward to Vancouver? Really looking forward to being on Millie with its Revolution.

Next year we will only cruise Pacific Coast, Hawaii or Alaska. We might have to use/start our BA airline certificate by May 13, 2021. I'm unsure about flying that far this year and maybe even next year. I'm also rethinking longer cruises. Or cruises with a lot of sea day, which I enjoy.

Sept 16 we have tickets for Broadway. I dont really see Broadway opening until next year. Still hoping to see Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster on Broadway next year. 

3 hours ago, zestyzorra said:

I apologize, I meant April 2022. But now they have changed it to May 2022. This is only the CwC ability to cancel up to 48 hours. 

Per the Celebrity CwC FAQ page:  "All sailings through May 4, 2022, are included in the Cruise with Confidence program."

You are correct that Lift and Shift (and the better pricing benefits) end in August 2020. 

I didn't realize your October 2020 sailing was on Princess.

Hi from South Bellevue!!!!

Our family usually cruises once a year.  Our 2020 cruise is actually scheduled for Jan 2021 and it is out of Sydney going to New Caledonia and Vanuatu.  It seems like a bunch of things would have to fall in place for us to be able to take this cruise, so we may not be cruising this year as well.  I have made back up plans for a land vacation in Death Valley National Park for our family to re-unite (below sea level) over the upcoming Christmas holidays.

I want to book the 5/15 Bermuda cruise(just like the one I should be on now but was cancelled) but the pricing and perk offers are nowhere near what I had paid previously.  Would you suggest I make the reservation now and hope for a better deal or should I wait to see what comes along?  I am still somewhat concerned about cruising even by May and do not want to go through this cancellation/refund issue again if possible.  I did get my refund just the other day but it took quite a bit.

I have not been so lucky about a cancelled cruise out of Dublin.  I am going to eat the plane fare(as Celebrity just gave a credit valid until this December using Aer Linguis which is not going to happen and two tours in Iceland that I am not getting responses on.

I thought planning a cruise was time consuming(tours, etc) but this whole process due to the virus is pretty bad.  At least we are well so what more can we ask for.

Hope to be sailing in 2021.

We moved our May 2021 Hawaii to May 2022. Still thought it was to risky to get a vaccine. We do have a British Isles Cruise from Amsterdam in late July 2021 on the Reflection which we are keeping 🤞🏼for, and an Apex transatlantic from Barcelona in Oct 2021.