Hello 2021!

chemmo

Well, totally resigned to our October cruise this year not happening, even if the ships got over here we wouldn’t feel safe to travel.

Just can’t face not having anything booked so we have swapped to a September Southampton cruise next year...No worries about flights, no additional money needed, no need to keep alert to travel information until this time next year...

So goodbye 2020 we will be staying inside our gates and hello 2021!

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 7

I'm still holding firm for my B2B in Feb 2021 on the Equinox.  Hopefully that will go.  I also have a Nov 2020 on the Grandeur and I'll probably sail if the cruise really occurs.  Maybe I'm just playing chicken waiting for Royal to cancel.  We can drive to both cruises if we wish, so we won't have to deal with airline cancellations.  

Edited by ipeeinthepool

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Our plan exactly except we moved our 2020 cruise to 2022 since we already have a 2021 booking for Alaska. Hope you can enjoy your time at home.

We intend to ‘count our blessings’ rather than feel trapped! Having the time to ‘stand and stare’ is a blessing in its own right...

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, John182 said:

It's a common theme. We have just moved our September cruise out of Southampton to the following September.

Yes, we were surprised at how many cabins have gone already....With all the uncertainty of flying I think lots of U.K. citizens will opt for Southampton next year...

23 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We moved to May 2021 Silhouette out of Southampton.  Fingers crossed we get to sail!

I will cross my fingers for you!

We chose September as it gives the situation longer to settle. Also we wanted a relaxing cruise (Canary Islands) rather than something more energetic. By the time we board we will simply be happy to sit on the balcony (glass in hand) and smile...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I love it!  Much as I try to live in the moment, I am SO ready to say good-bye to 2020!

Glad you found something appealing for 2021!  

Guess we will all have to cruise virtually via youtube for the remainder of the year.

We are simply taking things ‘day by day’...We are enjoying the good weather we have had this spring and simply grateful to remain safe and healthy.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I canceled Nov 2020 and Jan 2021 cruises and my earliest is now a L&S NRD Sep 2021. Slight hope.

Think positive, we are trying to...It just seems better to have a something booked to look forward to. We are aware our 2021 may not happen or it could still be unwise for us to go but if that is the case then we will forward again to 2022.

We will have a cruise to look forward to!

5 minutes ago, chemmo said:

I will cross my fingers for you!

We chose September as it gives the situation longer to settle. Also we wanted a relaxing cruise (Canary Islands) rather than something more energetic. By the time we board we will simply be happy to sit on the balcony (glass in hand) and smile...

We may have to switch to a later date, too.  My husband, a Brit,  wants to sail out of Southampton one last time, so we’ll see what happens.

12 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm still holding firm for my B2B in Feb 2021 on the Equinox.  Hopefully that will go.  I also have a Nov 2020 on the Grandeur and I'll probably sail if the cruise really occurs.  Maybe I'm just playing chicken waiting for Royal to cancel.

Good Luck...There is the double consideration, will the cruise run and is it wise to board?  Our decision was made on the basis that even if our cruise this year ran at our age boarding would not be sensible...Good Luck to you!

5 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Good Luck...There is the double consideration, will the cruise run and is it wise to board?  Our decision was made on the basis that even if our cruise this year ran at our age boarding would not be sensible...Good Luck to you!

Thanks.  If the cruise operates, I'm sure that it will be safe to board.  The cruise industry can't afford another black eye.  It's another question if it will still be fun?   Will the passengers need to wear masks?  Will the pool be open?  I could be happy having room service for my meals, sitting on my balcony watching the ocean and finding a nice beach on the port days.  I probably won't go to any shows.

3 hours ago, chemmo said:

Well, totally resigned to our October cruise this year not happening, even if the ships got over here we wouldn’t feel safe to travel.

Just can’t face not having anything booked so we have swapped to a September Southampton cruise next year...No worries about flights, no additional money needed, no need to keep alert to travel information until this time next year...

So goodbye 2020 we will be staying inside our gates and hello 2021!

We are in the same position and yesterday I moved my September/October cruise to next September. Actually feel relieved because I was also resigned to Europe 2020 cruises not sailing! The sunny weather has been a blessing and I’ll now be happy when this is over and I can go visit my daughter and baby grandson in Aberdeen! Just need to fight for my airfare refunds😂

People who can drive to a port are so lucky!  There is no way we can drive to Florida to take a cruise. I am really more concerned about flying than cruising. We have a late Nov.-Dec. cruise booked but I don't think we will be going. Hope all 4 of our 2021 cruises will be a go. We are booked on Reflection and Equinox. 

Booked on Equinox Out of Port Everglades this Sept...10 day, if it sails, I’m going. (Port is about an 7-8 hour drive).. Barring having to wear a mask..

Edited by PTC DAWG

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Thanks.  If the cruise operates, I'm sure that it will be safe to board.  The cruise industry can't afford another black eye.  It's another question if it will still be fun?   Will the passengers need to wear masks?  Will the pool be open?  I could be happy having room service for my meals, sitting on my balcony watching the ocean and finding a nice beach on the port days.  I probably won't go to any shows.

We simply know that if we boarded a cruise this year and then one of us started coughing (even if only slightly) then we would worry....As someone said on another thread everyone has to self evaluate their circumstances....

Sincere best wishes for your cruise, if it happens, it would be so nice to follow an active thread again!

2 hours ago, di T said:

We are in the same position and yesterday I moved my September/October cruise to next September. Actually feel relieved because I was also resigned to Europe 2020 cruises not sailing! The sunny weather has been a blessing and I’ll now be happy when this is over and I can go visit my daughter and baby grandson in Aberdeen! Just need to fight for my airfare refunds😂

Missing being with loved ones is, I am sure, the hardest thing....

Re airfare refunds, if you have difficulties, remember you can dispute payment through your credit card company. That can be enough to get airlines to pay up if they are being reluctant rather than genuinely simply bogged down under an avalanche of claims...

Like you we have so enjoyed the good weather, long may it continue!

I ‘retired’ at the end of May 2019, although I am still doing 2 days a week! I booked up holidays galore for 2020 and 2021 (keeping within my husbands holiday allowance though) 😔 to celebrate.

The 2020 holidays up until October have either been cancelled or re-booked, but I still have a cruise at the end of a October, which as yet, hasn’t  fallen within a CwC time frame. I am hoping to be able to do something with it, but do not have a space in 2021 to move it to! Talk about third world problems. We are happy just to see how things pan out and relax at home. I don’t know about other people, but we have taken this opportunity to overhaul our garden, so much for relaxing.

We had a family holiday booked for this year, so roll on 2021 as we have re-booked for then, plus a family cruise at the end of 2021 👍.