direct sailing to a private beach

pepperheart

Hi when the government says we can sail again what would people think about a ship sailing from southampton direct to a private beach somewhere either in southern spain or in one of the cape verde islands and then the ship docking for 2 or 3 days and people being able to enjoy the beach and sun and then sailing direct to southampton.

Private beaches would still be subject to the same laws as for the rest of Spain. Some of the US cruise companies own islands which they could sail to, but I doubt P&O could afford to buy Spain or Cape Verde Islands

9 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Private beaches would still be subject to the same laws as for the rest of Spain. Some of the US cruise companies own islands which they could sail to, but I doubt P&O could afford to buy Spain or Cape Verde Islands

I'm sure P&O could buy one of the smaller Canary Islands, and tell the Spanish government that they would be paid by cheque in 60 days.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, pepperheart said:

Hi when the government says we can sail again what would people think about a ship sailing from southampton direct to a private beach somewhere either in southern spain or in one of the cape verde islands and then the ship docking for 2 or 3 days and people being able to enjoy the beach and sun and then sailing direct to southampton.

Nice idea but I can't see that happening as pointed out by Snow Hill you are still bound by the laws of the country that

owned the island.

Even if you were given a nice sterile island ,how are you going to contain covid should it break out on this island ? 

We have seen over the last few months what a ship sat out at sea can do, when a covid case was discovered ,

before you knew it they were dropping like flies .

Like wowzz said how would they pay for the island ?  A P&O , IOU Voucher :classic_wink:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pepperheart said:

what would people think about a ship sailing from southampton direct to a private beach somewhere either in southern spain or in one of the cape verde islands and then the ship docking for 2 or 3 days

Absolutely dreadful!

• Like 3

Sorry, but I do ports not beaches. The thought of being stranded at a beach for days does not appeal in the least. But then I am aware that many passengers head out to beaches on port visits and ignore the town, so there could be a market. Just count me out.

Edited by Denarius

1 hour ago, Denarius said:

Sorry, but I do ports not beaches. The thought of being stranded at a beach for days does not appeal in the least. But then I am aware that many passengers head out to beaches on port visits and ignore the town, so there could be a market. Just count me out.

Totally agree. We like exploring the towns and villages. Each one is different. A beach is a beach, sand is just ?? well, sand. 

Avril 

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Totally agree. We like exploring the towns and villages. Each one is different. A beach is a beach, sand is just ?? well, sand. 

Avril 

Sorry Avril, it's not. If you have a spare few days I could start lecture one in my building materials and geology series of lectures. By the time lockdown ends you would be an expert in sand, or as my wife often says " sad git ".😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Sorry Avril, it's not. If you have a spare few days I could start lecture one in my building materials and geology series of lectures. By the time lockdown ends you would be an expert in sand, or as my wife often says " sad git ".😁

Shouldn't your wife say "sad grit"!

• Haha 1