Marine Traffic shows Pursuit heading to Glasgow

suzyluvs2cruise

Just been reading on another site that 3 has yet unnamed cruise ships are to be laid up at a dock in Glasgow.

Could this be all 3 Azamara ships?, sounds very possible.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

King George v Dock would be an ideal access  point for future Azamara Cruises visiting the area.

Close by a large shopping mall, easy access to Glasgow city centre (15 mins) , Very close to the Glasgow motorway system for tours further afield and close to both River Clyde crossings at Erskine and Clyde Tunnel for access to Loch Lomond and beyond.

Ok, they don't have a cruise terminal at KGV, but the one at Greenock isn't one to write home about .

Greenock has never really been developed as a drop off point. 

In general, West Central Scotland hasn't really understood the cruise industry and  the job opportunities it can bring ,benefitting  the community as a whole.

Larger cruise ships would not be able to access this far up the Clyde, their way being hindered by the road bridge at Erskine.

Looks like only Pursuit will make it before our mandatory 14 day quarantine rules come into play on June 8th and not being reviewed until June 29th at the earliest. Just adds even more delays for all the lovely staff onboard who must be getting so frustrated 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ellbon said:

So you are saying Carl abd other top officers are stuck on board another month. 

wonder how many officers and crew will want  to come back 

If they arrive in Glasgow after 8 June, the 22nd would be the earliest they could leave unless some “transit direct to the airport” deal was struck, however some parts of the local authorities don’t even want the vessels there (Inverclyde has, due to the level of deprivation in the area the highest coronavirus incidence and death rate in the UK). So deals would be hard I’m sure.

The Scottish government have to date applied stricter lock down measures and rules than the rest of the UK and are already talking about possibly varying the UK rules, whatever this may mean - probably start before 8 June will be a consideration.  

It’s difficult to predict but sadly you may well be correct. 

7 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Some are being repatriated to their home Countries but have families in other parts of the world.

They have no idea when they will be reunited with Wife's/ Husbands and children.

Yes it must be so trying for everyone. Not quite a war though, that involves more danger and uncertainty. 

• Like 2

On 5/28/2020 at 9:17 AM, ECCruise said:

Yes, after over 2 months in the UAE, the Quest is finally on the move.

Where is she going? Where the JR?  Azamara still selling fall cruises. I have yet to canceL. I want out  of the states I would take a cruise just to leave,

21 minutes ago, ellbon said:

Where is she going? Where the JR?  Azamara still selling fall cruises. I have yet to canceL. I want out  of the states I would take a cruise just to leave,

Quest is heading to the Suez Canal.  An officer on Journey indicated they too are slowly heading to Glasgow.  There are three anchorages at George V dock on the Upper Clyde accessible only to smaller vessels.  My guess is Azamara may well have contracted for all three.

As for cruises in the Autumn, I think for older guests and those with underlying health conditions even if airlines are running, ships are sailing and borders are fully open, in the absence of a reliable vaccine, holidays involving international travel are high risk.  
If I had to face that decision and was in that category I’d just accept despite all the frustrations, home is the place to be this year. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Love the journalism “spotted in the Clyde” ......like they never knew it was coming. Typical sensationalism I’m afraid 

Meanwhile on the BBC the big issue is the 2 mile traffic jam at the recycling centre which also reopened today and is adjacent to the George V dock. Don’t anyone mistake that this is crowds coming to welcome Pursuit in 😂😂😂

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, uktog said:

Quest is heading to the Suez Canal.  An officer on Journey indicated they too are slowly heading to Glasgow.  There are three anchorages at George V dock on the Upper Clyde accessible only to smaller vessels.  My guess is Azamara may well have contracted for all three.

I think you're right that all 3 Azamara ships will "lay up" together. 

Quest.JPG

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

23 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

All bunkered up.  Next destination reported on Marine Traffic is Glasgow.

I think it might take another technical stop at Gib 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So does this mean that Journey and Quest will be allowed to dock in Glasgow?

Yes If need be and Pursuit is there already 

• Like 1