Australia Extends Cruise Ban

I can’t see it happening but 
The NSW and Victorian premieres are saying to expect our international boarders to be open in a few months.
I really isn’t up to them as it is a federal jurisdiction but I think they are encouraging people to get vaccinated so they can open up.    

Let see what happens.

On 9/4/2021 at 6:02 AM, island lady said:

We were so happy to book that big bucket list Aussie circumnavigate, Tasmania, NZ, SP, and TP up to Hawaii...then stay on to Vancouver.  Like you...so very disappointed it did not happen.  Knew to stay away from 2022 and rebooked for 2023...but now I am worried about 2023.  Gulp.  🥺

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/nsw-treasurer-pledges-help-and-says-cruise-should-ride-the-wave-of-berejiklian-reopening/

This might help 🙃🇭🇲

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

I emailed Gavin Smith of RCG Sydney the other day suggesting scenic  cruises to nowhere around Lord Howe Island.
He said that’s what they will probably do with the proposed coming season as there’s lots of sea days and if they have to drop a port it would be a option.
Norfolk Island  he said is a a good scenic option also.

He said Royal Caribbean is trying to get a permit for Ovation. Which they can do but ultimately it’s up to the federal government.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I emailed Gavin Smith of RCG Sydney the other day suggesting scenic  cruises to nowhere around Lord Howe Island.
He said that’s what they will probably do with the proposed coming season as there’s lots of sea days and if they have to drop a port it would be a option.

He said Royal Caribbean is trying to get a permit for Ovation. Which they can do but ultimately it’s up to the federal government.

Thanks for that info ,I use the link in cruise passenger to send email to all the Honourable Members of Parliament.🙂 wwreadysetsail

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I’ve often wondered why they don’t to a scenic cruise past Lord Howe and Balls Pyramid on the way from Sydney to the Pacific islands.  It’s not much out of the way and they are both dramatic.  The timing would normally work on the eastbound leg.  Haven’t calculated for the westbound leg.  
On one cruise we were diverting around a cyclone and the captain took us close to Balls Pyramid.  Nice.  

5 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

I’ve often wondered why they don’t to a scenic cruise past Lord Howe and Balls Pyramid on the way from Sydney to the Pacific islands.  It’s not much out of the way and they are both dramatic.  The timing would normally work on the eastbound leg.  Haven’t calculated for the westbound leg.  
On one cruise we were diverting around a cyclone and the captain took us close to Balls Pyramid.  Nice.  

Just about everyone on the east coast would love to see Lord Howe but it’s expensive and there’s a cap on visitors.

As you said,I can’t understand why the booze cruises don’t do a lap around it .

We are booked on Ovation on the 5th of February. It’s a 4 night cruise to Eden and hopefully it will do a loop around Lord Howe.

13 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Thanks...gives me hope!  Really do want to visit you there.  🙂  

Not getting a good feeling lately though with the resurgence of Covid everywhere.  Just hope by 2023 things are looking better.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks...gives me hope!  Really do want to visit you there.  🙂  

Not getting a good feeling lately though with the resurgence of Covid everywhere.  Just hope by 2023 things are looking better.  

The Fed, NSW and Vic are saying the international boarders should be open early next year??

Singapore,Japan ,UK and the US will be the first.

But as everyone knows there’s no rule book or hand manuals for C19

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 4:40 PM, Chiliburn said:

The Fed, NSW and Vic are saying the international boarders should be open early next year??

Singapore,Japan ,UK and the US will be the first.

But as everyone knows there’s no rule book or hand manuals for C19

Thanks!  Looking better for our 2023 visit now.  🙂  

• 3 weeks later...
The ban on international travel is set to be lifted in November for fully vaccinated Australians, however cruising from Australia is still in limbo.

Australia’s Prime Minister Scott Morrison said first dose vaccination rates are over 78% and double dose rates nationwide are at 55% and on track to reach 70% in some jurisdictions over the next week.

Biosecurity update

He said the minister for health will consider updating the human biosecurity emergency period which has been in place since March 18, 2020, and extended until December 17.

He said the government wants to remove current travel restrictions related to COVID-19 a month earlier so that fully vaccinated Australians will be able to enter and leave the country in November.

Time to take the next step

‘Many countries around the world have now safely reopened to international travel and it will shortly be time for Australia to take the next step,’ he said.

‘In line with the National Plan, our government is balancing the need to minimise the risk that the spread of COV1D-19 presents, with the need to live with the virus.’

Cruise Lines International Association Australasia MD Joel Katz said Friday’s announcement on the opening of international travel was welcome news for many parts of the Australian travel industry.

However, Katz said Australia is now one of the only major cruise markets in the world with no clear plan for cruising’s revival.

‘Ridiculous possibility’

‘Australians love to cruise, but we now face the ridiculous possibility that we will be able to travel overseas to take a cruise but won’t be able to sail in our own waters,’ he said.

‘We need detailed discussions with Australian governments so we can break the cycle of inaction and agree upon a detailed framework for cruising’s resumption.

‘The health protocols introduced overseas are working and we need an opportunity to introduce them in Australia so we can plan a careful and responsible recovery.’

Australia travel ban lifting but cruising remains in limbo (seatrade-cruise.com)

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:
The ban on international travel is set to be lifted in November for fully vaccinated Australians, however cruising from Australia is still in limbo.

Australia’s Prime Minister Scott Morrison said first dose vaccination rates are over 78% and double dose rates nationwide are at 55% and on track to reach 70% in some jurisdictions over the next week.

Biosecurity update

He said the minister for health will consider updating the human biosecurity emergency period which has been in place since March 18, 2020, and extended until December 17.

He said the government wants to remove current travel restrictions related to COVID-19 a month earlier so that fully vaccinated Australians will be able to enter and leave the country in November.

Time to take the next step

‘Many countries around the world have now safely reopened to international travel and it will shortly be time for Australia to take the next step,’ he said.

‘In line with the National Plan, our government is balancing the need to minimise the risk that the spread of COV1D-19 presents, with the need to live with the virus.’

Cruise Lines International Association Australasia MD Joel Katz said Friday’s announcement on the opening of international travel was welcome news for many parts of the Australian travel industry.

However, Katz said Australia is now one of the only major cruise markets in the world with no clear plan for cruising’s revival.

‘Ridiculous possibility’

‘Australians love to cruise, but we now face the ridiculous possibility that we will be able to travel overseas to take a cruise but won’t be able to sail in our own waters,’ he said.

‘We need detailed discussions with Australian governments so we can break the cycle of inaction and agree upon a detailed framework for cruising’s resumption.

‘The health protocols introduced overseas are working and we need an opportunity to introduce them in Australia so we can plan a careful and responsible recovery.’

Australia travel ban lifting but cruising remains in limbo (seatrade-cruise.com)

Unfortunately that story isn’t correct.

Our boarders aren’t going to be open in November.

All that is happening is the cap on Australian citizens returning to Australia will be raised.

Theres something like 45,000 Australian citizens been waiting to return to their country of citizenship but can’t.

International travel is still vague ,it seems like mid next year.

So don’t go booking that down under holiday for Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Cruise ban ends next week.

Radiance is on the move ,destination Gibraltar.

Lets hope it’s filling up with fuel for the long trek east.

66D5459F-FEE4-4201-9E22-792780BACFEC.thumb.png.e4813d78875aa36a7f13a44a7087ab7a.png

Up early this morning!   
Is there an official statement you could share? 
Hope Radiance is headed our way.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Up early this morning!   
Is there an official statement you could share? 
Hope Radiance is headed our way.  

Radiance gets to Gibraltar in a few hours,let’s see which direction it goes.
I’m thinking we will get something soon. 

RC was a little blunt with me last time ,probably because I said I didn’t want to go over to carnival.

if someone else wants to inquire????

gsmith@rccl.com . He answers and is a very nice bloke.

Edited by Chiliburn

20 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Radiance gets to Gibraltar in a few hours,let’s see which direction it goes.
I’m thinking we will get something soon. 

RC was a little blunt with me last time ,probably because I said I didn’t want to go over to carnival.

if someone else wants to inquire????

gsmith@rccl.com . He answers and is a very nice bloke.

I’ll drop him an email and share the outcome here.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Good fellow,

He told me about a month ago that they where planning to bring at least a ship to sydney mid to early 2022 and over winter.

Response from Gavin is that the latest variant has led the government to delay granting permission to sail.  He doesn’t think they will have a ship in Australia until the regular 2022/23 season starts with ships coming from Alaska.  
On Enchantment… she may come to Australia but it’s up in the air.  

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Response from Gavin is that the latest variant has led the government to delay granting permission to sail.  He doesn’t think they will have a ship in Australia until the regular 2022/23 season starts with ships coming from Alaska.  
On Enchantment… she may come to Australia but it’s up in the air.  

Well that’s from the horse’s mouth .
I believe he is representing the cruise lines in the negotiations with our government.

Depressing.