Parking with hotel stay

ozzysdad

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

If you paid the £10 a day WiFi charge you could check on your car and see all your business emails,😁. A bargain.

Nah - I stopped working just after 50. Life is too short to spend more than a third of it working.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

To be honest, if anyone wants to pinch my car, go for it. I'm certainly not going  to pay £10 a day to check if my car is in situ!

Some Cruise Lines have Guest status where WiFi is free for a designated number of hours.  For example a Cunard Diamond Member receives 8 hours per cruise.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive

43 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Some Cruise Lines have Guest status where WiFi is free for a designated number of hours.  For example a Cunard Diamond Member receives 8 hours per cruise.

That's similar to Princess, and even RCI give their loyalty members a free hour, I wonder why P&O have never offered anything?

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That's similar to Princess, and even RCI give their loyalty members a free hour, I wonder why P&O have never offered anything?

I have always thought charging a hefty fee was to restrict users, to ensure it runs at slightly frisky snail’s pace rather than a comatose snail. Maybe Princess and RCI have better technology to ensure better speed. 

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

I have always thought charging a hefty fee was to restrict users, to ensure it runs at slightly frisky snail’s pace rather than a comatose snail. Maybe Princess and RCI have better technology to ensure better speed. 

I have used P&O for the odd day, and found it operates as fast as Princess or RCI.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I have used P&O for the odd day, and found it operates as fast as Princess or RCI.

They must have improved it from when I last used it which admittedly was some time ago. I now just use my phone to catch up when in port.

4 hours ago, pete14 said:

I thought charging a hefty fee was to make a hefty profit. We had a trip around Nova Scotia last year. Free WiFi on the bus and a good download speed. Sitting on our balcony on Britannia in Barbados, we found we could log onto the Regent ship on the next berth. Once we get out of range of the mobile data, We can wait until the next port. No WiFi from 8pm- 6am, no problem 

Back to the original topic

We stay at the New Place, Sherrill Heath every year before our cruise.   A great quiet relaxing start to your holiday but not in Southampton. Great grounds.

Last year their cruise package was £219, which includes parking, bed, breakfast & evening meal & a taxi (not shared) to and from the port. No limit on days for parking, which is great for those of us who like a longer cruise.

It used to be a De Vere  not sure of the company now.  But in our opinion, the food has improved since it changed hands.

One year they couldn't fit us in & we stayed at the Southampton Doubletree/Hilton, again on their cruise package, which was more expensive than New Place.  Nice hotel but no pool , Which New Place has.  Love a swim before breakfast

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fue-fue said:

Back to the original topic

We stay at the New Place, Sherrill Heath every year before our cruise.   A great quiet relaxing start to your holiday but not in Southampton. Great grounds.

Last year their cruise package was £219, which includes parking, bed, breakfast & evening meal & a taxi (not shared) to and from the port. No limit on days for parking, which is great for those of us who like a longer cruise.

It used to be a De Vere  not sure of the company now.  But in our opinion, the food has improved since it changed hands.

One year they couldn't fit us in & we stayed at the Southampton Doubletree/Hilton, again on their cruise package, which was more expensive than New Place.  Nice hotel but no pool , Which New Place has.  Love a swim before breakfast

I like New Place, lovely grounds and nice original building. 

Andy 

On 5/24/2020 at 11:01 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Totally agree with booking a room overlooking  the pitch. I also recommend looking into whether a cricket match is going to be taking place when you are at the hotel. Meal for two was £75 when I stayed there.

Regards John

Like I said previously we stay at Holiday Inn Express of M271 we dont arrive until 5pm-6pm so dont need a hotel with a lot of facilities just unload car cup of tea and rest for a short while then stroll across to pub nearby for a pint and a meal and early to bed. Buffet breakfast in morning then check out of hotel 11am and then short drive to the port for early embarkation. We only want a clean comfortable bed for the night and buffet breakfast so is ideal for us.