Barcelona Hotels

On 1/18/2021 at 7:10 PM, Traveling Library said:

If the Hotel Colon is too expensive (though it is really a lovely hotel especially if you get a room with a Cathedral view) then try their sister hotel Hotel Colon Regencia.  it is directly behind the Hotel Colon (thus no Cathedral view). We've stayed at both and would book at the Colon Regencia again in a heart beat. 

We're planning a stay in Barcelona and checked out the website for Hotel Colon.  The hotel looks lovely, however, the website states bed sheets are not available.  I certainly hope that's a misprint.  How many travelers bring their own sheets?  🙃

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, I object 2 said:

Finally made a decision.  We booked 2 nights pre-cruise at La Meridien Barcelona using reward points and $s.  It appears to be in a good location, close to shops, restaurants and the market.  

It's a great location and an excellent hotel.  Pricey, but using points solves that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 1:13 PM, I object 2 said:

We're planning a stay in Barcelona and checked out the website for Hotel Colon.  The hotel looks lovely, however, the website states bed sheets are not available.  I certainly hope that's a misprint.  How many travelers bring their own sheets?  🙃

Check out the Arts Hotel in Port Olympic.  Great location by the beach.

20 hours ago, I object 2 said:

Beautiful hotel.  It appears to be a good distance from Las Ramblas, but that beach is very tempting!            

Maybe 10 minutes by taxi. 

On 1/20/2021 at 12:13 PM, I object 2 said:

Do you really have to bring your own sheets??  Maybe it’s just an American thing but who would stay at a hotel without sheets?

22 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Do you really have to bring your own sheets??  Maybe it’s just an American thing but who would stay at a hotel without sheets?

One of the reviews on Trip Advisor includes this quote:

"I liked the 'HC' monogrammed towels, sheets and pillowcases and blanket rather than duvet."

Certainly sounds like not only are sheets provided, but it is the American style of two sheets plus blanket rather than the European bottom sheet plus duvet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 4:09 PM, Hlitner said:

You might want to look at the Hotel Colon which is well located across from the Cathedral in the heart of the Gothic Quarter.  This is a European style hotel that has some very large rooms suitable for a family of 4.  If you can get a room with a Cathedral view that is very desirable.

Hank

Loved this hotel. Always something to watch from our balcony. We did have a view of the cathedral. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/22/2020 at 4:02 PM, zonacruiser25 said:

We are booked at the Kimpton Vividora Hotel and are looking forward to it.  I guess they opened in Feb and then got closes in March for Covid.  We read the reviews and it looks like we made a decent choice for a hotel.  Time will tell if our Allure cruises will even go, or if US citizens will be allowed into Spain without a quarantine.

Let me know how it is..I am booked for 5 nights April 2021

I think this may have been a temporary issue during COVID. Another hotel I recently looked at (not in Spain but a Caribbean resort) also said that sheets were not available. When I called, they mentioned that was true at one point but now it was no longer true.

On 5/31/2021 at 11:09 AM, cruisemom42 said:

I think this may have been a temporary issue during COVID. Another hotel I recently looked at (not in Spain but a Caribbean resort) also said that sheets were not available. When I called, they mentioned that was true at one point but now it was no longer true.

Yes, Covid had changed quite a few things in our world, didn't it?  We've had 9 cruises cancelled and are so ready to start sailing again.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 6:41 PM, CulverCityCruisers said:

Love Hotel Continental on Las Rambla.  Free wifi, 24 hr buffet, water, sodas, and beer included and walking distance to EVERYTHING!

There are two Hotels...Continental Palacate and Continental Barcelona.  Which one did you stay?

On 6/21/2021 at 7:09 PM, CulverCityCruisers said:

Hotel Barcelona on Las Ramblas.  Loved it!!  Would stay again in an instant!! 

There was talk on another site about very slow old elevators, wall paper on everything, and musty halls.  Was this your experience?   The rooms and baths get good marks.   When did you last stay there and are you going to stay there on your upcoming trip on 9/25/2021?   Thanks.

@Host Jazzbeau

Question on La Meridien Barcelona.  Was taxi to/from cruise port convenient and reasonably priced? Ditto to/from airport?

Thanks much! 

I recall when we previously stated at Hotel Jazz and another hotel (can't recall the name at the moment) right on Las Ramblas, we took the bus from the airport (about 3 stops) to Placa Catalunya for about €6.

I used Barcelona Day Tours for limo service from the airport to the hotel, and from the ship to the airport, at 59 Euro per trip in a Mercedes S-class.  From the hotel to the ship we had the bellhop flag down a taxi, but I don't remember how much it cost.  [On our first trip to Barcelona I tried to save money by taking the airport train to Passeig de Gracia and then the subway to get closer to the hotel.  That was such a disaster that it almost ended our cruising – so now I always arrange a car to pick us up.]

On 6/26/2021 at 3:54 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

I used Barcelona Day Tours for limo service from the airport to the hotel, and from the ship to the airport, at 59 Euro per trip in a Mercedes S-class.  From the hotel to the ship we had the bellhop flag down a taxi, but I don't remember how much it cost.  [On our first trip to Barcelona I tried to save money by taking the airport train to Passeig de Gracia and then the subway to get closer to the hotel.  That was such a disaster that it almost ended our cruising – so now I always arrange a car to pick us up.]

Smart man !!!

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2021 at 7:13 PM, mskaufman said:

Probably needs to be on the Spain forum.  We have been to Barcelona three times.  Hotels we have stayed at include Avenida Palace and the Hotel Jazz. Both have as good locations near Placa Catalunya. 

Which hotel did you like better -- Jazz or Avenida Palace.

We generally liked Avenida Palace better.  The two were about the same distance from Placa Catalunya. Avenida Palace was closer to the Gaudi Houses and more restaurants.  Hotel was a little more upscale.  Breakfast at Jazz was excellent and a positive for them.