THE CRUISE TV SERIES - FILMED ON PRINCESS SHIPS

MTJSR

23 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Thanks. I am in the middle of season 3 and can’t get enough. It really helps pass the time but also makes me sad thinking we might never have that again. 

When cruise lines start to sail again, whenever that is, I think the experience is going to be so different that everyone will complain. Too many rules, too many stay safe reminders, too many long lines with separation, everything is slower and the ship feels like a floating hospital. After my 16 cruises, I think I have some of the best memories I will get. Things they are a changing.

5 hours ago, MTJSR said:

When cruise lines start to sail again, whenever that is, I think the experience is going to be so different that everyone will complain. Too many rules, too many stay safe reminders, too many long lines with separation, everything is slower and the ship feels like a floating hospital. After my 16 cruises, I think I have some of the best memories I will get. Things they are a changing..

I totally agree with you. 

5D285B29-8A7C-45B7-AD6C-6874E1853674.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO

Everytime Timothy does his laugh, I have to chuckle as well.

We really enjoyed the series.

If you can't go cruising it's the next best thing.

My husband even made me serve him afternoon tea while he was watching it. (just kidding)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, MTJSR said:

When cruise lines start to sail again, whenever that is, I think the experience is going to be so different that everyone will complain. Too many rules, too many stay safe reminders, too many long lines with separation, everything is slower and the ship feels like a floating hospital. After my 16 cruises, I think I have some of the best memories I will get. Things they are a changing.

I am enjoying watching this.  So far I have seen the first five episodes.  It saddens me to think that cruising just won't be the same again.  Those were the days.

Edited by dickinson

Geeeeeeeeez!  Thanks so much for sharing. We will check it out.

I think I will also show some to my Aunt as she (and us as well),

were not so impressed with the Celebrity ship we all were on for

our Mediterranean cruise. She had only been on one cruise about 20 years ago

on RCI and thinks that's what all ships should be like. I told her Princess was much

more traditional and that she would like it more. (Yes, I know many of you like Celebrity

and there is something for everybody). 

21 hours ago, sewgood said:

Everytime Timothy does his laugh, I have to chuckle as well.

We really enjoyed the series.

If you can't go cruising it's the next best thing.

My husband even made me serve him afternoon tea while he was watching it. (just kidding)

Me too, I giggled every time he laughed.

You gotta love the final series (Majestic in Oz and NZ) where the lady from Cruise Critic complains about the buffet eggs to the F&B Mgr and suggests/asks for Crepes at breakfast....and then they make the point the next morning that she didn't show up to try the crepes.

As and aside, that F&B Mgr Karen hosted a special lunch (with Captain and Senior Officers attending) for Cruise Critic folks on the first TA of the previous Royal Princess (R ship), and a private galley tour.

47 minutes ago, K.R. said:

chrysalis

We are still awaiting our Credit for the second half for Crown Princess March 16th.  We also choose Opinion 2.

Keep posting your status.

Thanks 

This thread is about the cruise TV series there are lots about refunds, let’s try not make this about refunds too.😳😳

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

This thread is about the cruise TV series there are lots about refunds, let’s try not make this about refunds too.😳😳

Speaking of the tv series, did anyone else notice that the buffets got very little screen time overall?  And for the variety of MDR menus, specialty restaurants and other food venues, food in general was just a passing image. I wonder why?

10 minutes ago, MTJSR said:

Speaking of the tv series, did anyone else notice that the buffets got very little screen time overall?  And for the variety of MDR menus, specialty restaurants and other food venues, food in general was just a passing image. I wonder why?

Maybe next season if cruises start again. 
Maybe I’ll get to watch them again with DD while she is here hanging out the next couple of weeks - good excuse 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, MTJSR said:

The bars are where the money is made......the buffets, not so much 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 10:38 AM, MTJSR said:

Also, virtually no coverage of the entertainment staff and all the work that goes into organizing trivias, games, shows, etc. 

• Like 1

I am currently on Season 3. There are some things I have learned about being on a Princess ship that I did not know.

In some its seems its the "Timothy Show". He is a character however more needs to be shown about the ship and what goes on that is no always visible.

I do enjoy watching it though because taking a cruise has been shelfed for now 🤨

1 hour ago, greenie082756 said:

I am currently on Season 3. There are some things I have learned about being on a Princess ship that I did not know.

In some its seems its the "Timothy Show". He is a character however more needs to be shown about the ship and what goes on that is no always visible.

I do enjoy watching it though because taking a cruise has been shelfed for now 🤨

I have just finished season 3.  At the end of season 2 Timothy went home and wasn't sure he would sign another contract.  I guess he came back to the Royal as he is in season 3 but Emma, his friend, isn't there.  Someone earlier in this thread said he isn't in season 6.  I'm really enjoying it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dickinson said:

I have just finished season 3.  At the end of season 2 Timothy went home and wasn't sure he would sign another contract.  I guess he came back to the Royal as he is in season 3 but Emma, his friend, isn't there.  Someone earlier in this thread said he isn't in season 6.  I'm really enjoying it.

It is a fun series to watch. Those of us that have been on the "Ultimate Ships Tour" are familiar with more of the ships insides than is shown in this series. They never show the main food storage, defrost rooms, and food prep areas. 

On 5/25/2020 at 1:17 PM, MTJSR said:

For those that never heard of or watched all six seasons of "The Cruise" a British tv series filmed on Princess ships, just type "THE CRUISE TV SHOW" on YouTube to see all episodes.I just binge watched all of em.

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.14.43 AM.png

Thank you for sharing! Nice to have something to watch.

Thanks so much for posting this information.  My sister and I have just started watching and are really enjoying it.  We have never sailed on Princess, but are booked for a Sydney to Seattle cruise on the Regal April 2021.  It has been great getting to see the ship during the episodes.  My sis worked for Royal Caribbean for a couple years so it is bringing back memories for her watching what goes on with the crew behind the scenes, especially the turn-around days which were the busiest for the most of the crew.

I have also enjoyed watching The Cruise as it is a reminder of some of our past cruises. We have sailed with Captain Perrin and we were looking forward to a cruise on the Sky Princess with Captain Tuvo (Captain Bye-Bye !). We have recently  cancelled that cruise. Watching him on an Alaskan cruise will have to suffice for now.

In reply to the poster that mentioned that not a lot of air time was given to the buffet or other food venues, I agree with another poster who mentioned that the bars are more of the money makers for Princess as opposed to the buffets.

This may be cynical on my part, but thinking about the show, there seem to be other money-making venues highlighted in the the various series.

I recall a gathering of passengers in a large suite,a vow renewal for 50th wedding anniversary, a Chef’s Table dinner, a wedding and various excursions that involved Timothy going on them to rate their value. All these experiences come with a relatively high cost to the passengers and profit for Princess. 

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rogueriver said:

Thanks so much for posting this information.  My sister and I have just started watching and are really enjoying it.  We have never sailed on Princess, but are booked for a Sydney to Seattle cruise on the Regal April 2021.  It has been great getting to see the ship during the episodes.  My sis worked for Royal Caribbean for a couple years so it is bringing back memories for her watching what goes on with the crew behind the scenes, especially the turn-around days which were the busiest for the most of the crew.

You will have an excellent time! Enjoy the tv series, originally it was not shown in the United states, so when I saw they were on YouTube, I immediately created the free time to watch every one. Lol

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

I have also enjoyed watching The Cruise as it is a reminder of some of our past cruises. We have sailed with Captain Perrin and we were looking forward to a cruise on the Sky Princess with Captain Tuvo (Captain Bye-Bye !). We have recently  cancelled that cruise. Watching him on an Alaskan cruise will have to suffice for now.

In reply to the poster that mentioned that not a lot of air time was given to the buffet or other food venues, I agree with another poster who mentioned that the bars are more of the money makers for Princess as opposed to the buffets.

This may be cynical on my part, but thinking about the show, there seem to be other money-making venues highlighted in the the various series.

I recall a gathering of passengers in a large suite,a vow renewal for 50th wedding anniversary, a Chef’s Table dinner, a wedding and various excursions that involved Timothy going on them to rate their value. All these experiences come with a relatively high cost to the passengers and profit for Princess. 

Just my two cents.

I only mentioned that because, If you are going to have a series about ship life, food would be the biggest of all activities. In the end, most of us are all seasoned cruisers and have a pretty good idea the amount of work involved.

I just finished season 4 episode 3.  It seems that is the last one in that season.  Anyone know why only 3 episodes?  Did they maybe just not put the others on youtube?  It started in September Alaska and ended with the last cruise for Captain Tuvo before vacation.  If you enter in the search field it shows a few other episodes but if you click on it nothing shows up.

5 hours ago, dickinson said:

I just finished season 4 episode 3.  It seems that is the last one in that season.  Anyone know why only 3 episodes?  Did they maybe just not put the others on youtube?  It started in September Alaska and ended with the last cruise for Captain Tuvo before vacation.  If you enter in the search field it shows a few other episodes but if you click on it nothing shows up.

They only had 3 episodes in season 4 and 5. They go back to 6 episode seasons in the 6th season. 

• Thanks 1