THE CRUISE TV SERIES - FILMED ON PRINCESS SHIPS

MTJSR

On 5/29/2020 at 6:36 AM, chrysalis said:

You gotta love the final series (Majestic in Oz and NZ) where the lady from Cruise Critic complains about the buffet eggs to the F&B Mgr and suggests/asks for Crepes at breakfast....and then they make the point the next morning that she didn't show up to try the crepes.

Just watched this episode last night. A little arrogant in my opinion. Loving the series though.

Edited by mkitchy
  • Like 2

I have been losing a lot of sleep staying up watching these episodes for the past few nights!  I’m really appreciative that someone took the time to upload them, but am afraid they might suddenly disappear one day so I’m trying to get through them all. 

The interesting thing (to me, at least) is how is this show is changing my feelings about cruising. While most have been commenting about how much they’re missing it, I have not been, because I haven’t been. I miss traveling desperately, I miss being Different places, but I have not been missing at cruising at all. I think Princess and I are kind of on the outs right now, like we’ve had a little tiff and aren’t speaking. But then, watching this show, I am reminded of so many things I love about cruising and it’s softening my perspective a bit. 

• Like 3

Just watched this episode last night. A little arrogant in my opinion. Loving the series though.
I agree. She did seem a bit full of herself.

My wife and I really enjoyed watching the series. Hoping they eventually do more. Timothy is a riot. His laugh is a hoot. Would love to find him onboard sometime.

5 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I have been losing a lot of sleep staying up watching these episodes for the past few nights!  I’m really appreciative that someone took the time to upload them, but am afraid they might suddenly disappear one day so I’m trying to get through them all. 

The interesting thing (to me, at least) is how is this show is changing my feelings about cruising. While most have been commenting about how much they’re missing it, I have not been, because I haven’t been. I miss traveling desperately, I miss being Different places, but I have not been missing at cruising at all. I think Princess and I are kind of on the outs right now, like we’ve had a little tiff and aren’t speaking. But then, watching this show, I am reminded of so many things I love about cruising and it’s softening my perspective a bit. 

I remember going on about my third cruise back in the 90's or 2000.  It was on Carnival which we loved.  I got on the ship and felt like it was deja vu all over again.  It wasn't a thrill because I had been there before.  This was just my feeling when I got on the ship. The feeling was fleeting.  I had a fantastic cruise.  You have been on so many that I can understand if you are a bit burned out.  It will be a while before cruising will be safe again.  Your feelings may change next year or the year after.  If you've never traveled around the US I would say it is fantastic.  We did it in 26 days stopping many places and seeing lots of national parks. A few years later we spent a week in the southwest and saw a few national parks we missed.  Gorgeous!  A definite must do for people who don't mind driving places.

• Like 1

Since reading about this program, I binge watched all the episodes and finished up today.  It was great!  I enjoyed seeing the Captains and bridge crew fitting these ships into some pretty small and dangerous ports.  I learned a lot!  

6 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

The interesting thing (to me, at least) is how is this show is changing my feelings about cruising. While most have been commenting about how much they’re missing it, I have not been, because I haven’t been. I miss traveling desperately, I miss being Different places, but I have not been missing at cruising at all. I think Princess and I are kind of on the outs right now, like we’ve had a little tiff and aren’t speaking. 

Funny thing! AND I DO NOT WANT TO START A FOOD THREAD!!! Just about the time I became elite, the food oboard went downhill in a big way for me. I decided I needed to try other cruise lines...but this series has helped smoothed some of my opinions too.

3 hours ago, dickinson said:

I remember going on about my third cruise back in the 90's or 2000.  It was on Carnival which we loved.  I got on the ship and felt like it was deja vu all over again.  It wasn't a thrill because I had been there before.  This was just my feeling when I got on the ship. The feeling was fleeting.  I had a fantastic cruise.  You have been on so many that I can understand if you are a bit burned out.  It will be a while before cruising will be safe again.  Your feelings may change next year or the year after.  If you've never traveled around the US I would say it is fantastic.  We did it in 26 days stopping many places and seeing lots of national parks. A few years later we spent a week in the southwest and saw a few national parks we missed.  Gorgeous!  A definite must do for people who don't mind driving places.

I agree with you!  Many of the national parks in this country are definite must-sees. We have been lucky to have been to all 50 states but DH got a new large SUV last year, and we are thinking a swing through some of the national parks in the western US is in our future when it’s safe to do so. 

Timothy was great!  We sailed on the Royal back in 2017 in the Med and they were filming a series that summer.  My little girl was 6 at the time and totally "star struck" as she'd watched the show.   She drew him a picture and on the last evening of the cruise, he came to the cabin with a card and gift for her - really lovely!

We follow him on twitter but it seems he has been ill but has been given the all clear.  He's no longer with Princess ( perhaps due to the illness) but still retweets Princess related messages and have seen tweets from Scott the engineer on his page.

• Like 3

The video series was entertaining;  while no one can cruise at this time; this series brings back so many good times on cruise ships.  I think the cruise critic lady was sick; that is why she was not at breakfast the next morning.  They mentioned that in the video. 

On 6/4/2020 at 7:28 AM, mkitchy said:

Totally agree about the Cruise Critic member.  Made it look like we’re just a bunch of nit-pickers!!

My opinion is that they made cruise critic to look like people who critique things.  The woman they highlighted in the buffet looked like she was critiquing what she saw and then made her "report" to the food and beverage manager.    They took up her suggestion about crepes but they never showed us if they even told her that they were going to make crepes the next morning.  How would she know?  Not everyone eats every breakfast in the buffet.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

dickinson;  if you read my post#61;  the video said the cruise critic member was sick the following day and did not eat in buffet area.

I must have missed hearing that while watching the video.

dickinson;  we all had to be listening really good; because the said it very quickly.  No issues.  Have a great day.  Hey you live in Columbia, MD;  is the   Merriweather Post Pavilion still there?

21 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

dickinson;  we all had to be listening really good; because the said it very quickly.  No issues.  Have a great day.  Hey you live in Columbia, MD;  is the   Merriweather Post Pavilion still there?

Merriweather is still there.  No concerts though due to pandemic.  Did you live here before or just visit?

I was stationed at Andrews AFB for twenty years.  Used to go there for shows in the 80's and 90's.  I live in Cincinnati now; however, my sister still lives in Prince George County;  Upper Marlboro

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 2:17 PM, MTJSR said:

For those that never heard of or watched all six seasons of "The Cruise" a British tv series filmed on Princess ships, just type "THE CRUISE TV SHOW" on YouTube to see all episodes.I just binge watched all of em.

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.14.43 AM.png

Thanks for posting. Just watched an episode on YouTube. Such a nice departure from the typical Mighty Ships shows. 

So Jonesing for a cruise right now, this will do nicely until Princess starts cruising again.

Jonathan 

On 6/4/2020 at 4:41 PM, hapster85 said:

I agree. She did seem a bit full of herself.

My wife and I really enjoyed watching the series. Hoping they eventually do more. Timothy is a riot. His laugh is a hoot. Would love to find him onboard sometime.

Timothy is the same way in person. He was at Passenger Services when I was on the Regal a few times. Also, very efficient and fun to chat with.

Sali

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, this is really idiotic. Season 5, Episode 2: Young people getting married. The girl says her shoes cost £2,088.  That is just freaking stupid. Over £2,000 for shoes. I think I'd just toss her overboard, sell the shoes, and call it a win. I'm glad my wife is more practical than that. (Of course, if she wasn't, we would never have been married.)