US originated August cruises are all waitlisted

KirkNC

Not sure what it means but every O cruise that originates or ends in a US port for August 2020 are now waitlisted.  Just a few days ago the cabins were available.  Not sure the reason for the change other then that they will be cancelled.  

13 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Not sure what it means but every O cruise that originates or ends in a US port for August 2020 are now waitlisted.  Just a few days ago the cabins were available.  Not sure the reason for the change other then that they will be cancelled.  

Seems like a reasonable guess to me.

20 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

We already knew that Regatta wasn't going to be able to do its August itineraries because of Canada's ban extension.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 5:30 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

We already knew that Regatta wasn't going to be able to do its August itineraries because of Canada's ban extension.

But they still offer those cruises as of about 10 minutes ago when I received this email.

oceania.thumb.jpg.4bed84329259ba20992139cf87b21739.jpg

The cruise lines know now that Canada will not allow cruise ships docking in Canadian ports until after October 31st, 2020.

Unless they put less than 100 people (passengers & crew) on board it is not going to happen.

Theo

1 hour ago, Renmar said:

But they still offer those cruises as of about 10 minutes ago when I received this email.

oceania.thumb.jpg.4bed84329259ba20992139cf87b21739.jpg

The cruise lines know now that Canada will not allow cruise ships docking in Canadian ports until after October 31st, 2020.

Unless they put less than 100 people (passengers & crew) on board it is not going to happen.

Theo

Search the O website right now- That cruise is waitlisted in all categories, which means that, unless a miracle happens, it will be cancelled.

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

We have a December cruise on Insignia we hope will go but are prepared if she does not.

IMO, what happens with Insignia in late 2020 all depends on O's decisions affecting the 2021 ATW cruise (and the CDC). A post-layup December cruise (or two) might make sense. But there's also something to be said for holding off until January and the ATW start.

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

IMO, what happens with Insignia in late 2020 all depends on O's decisions affecting the 2021 ATW cruise (and the CDC). A post-layup December cruise (or two) might make sense. But there's also something to be said for holding off until January and the ATW start.

You maybe right.  It does have a basic itinerary of Central America, Mexico and the PC.  Maybe   that would be easier to have open ports.

Our Copenhagen to London cruise for August 2020 had all categories, but one, available yesterday.  Today, they are all waitlisted.  I am hoping this means the cruise is about to be cancelled and we will be able to receive a refund instead of FCC's.  Waiting for word from our TA.

3 hours ago, katz said:

Our Copenhagen to London cruise for August 2020 had all categories, but one, available yesterday.  Today, they are all waitlisted.  I am hoping this means the cruise is about to be cancelled and we will be able to receive a refund instead of FCC's.  Waiting for word from our TA.

Odds are in your favor.  So hang in there until the end of June when they will announce the August cancellations. 

9 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Would someone care to venture an opinion on March 2021 cruises?  We are looking at a 10 night Caribbean in March 2021.  Final payment is in December.  We could put a deposit now and the price is great...but IDK...thoughts?

No one really knows   we all hope for the best  & cruises will be sailing  without  a virus onboard

If it will stress your out for the  next 6 + mths  cancel  & wait to see how thing are in the New year

JMO

• Like 1

I agree with Lyn that it is all about your personal stress level if you place a deposit on a cruise and start planning.  Some would prefer to have a cruise booked now to have something fun to which to look forward.  

I do not fall into that group. I personally  will wait until both (1) when I feel much safer about cruising than I feel right now and (2) know much more about the changes to the cruising experience that will be put in place on Oceania ships before I commit to a cruise, even if waiting will end up costing me more money.  

Do what works best for you. 

• Like 2

On 6/5/2020 at 12:09 PM, katz said:

It looks like today essentially all cruises are waitlisted today.  I guess Oceania will not be sailing until at least September.