It's June 1st, 2 months until Carnival sail again on Aug 1st...

NavyCruiser

On 6/11/2020 at 12:22 PM, FiremedicMike151 said:

Time out.. It wasn't a miscommunication as stated in the article.  They said it, but they gave a detailed plan of which ships would sail, and then they cancelled all other cruises other than those 3 ports.  

They absolutely planned on sailing again in August.. 

If you read the quote from Donald, it's pretty clear that they did not plan on an August 1 restart date.  Donald says it was not intended as “a pronouncement that we are coming back on August 1.” One could argue that it was a "insightful mistake" as Donald as said in other interviews, or that it was an intentional miscommunication in order to garner interest and reservations.  If it was an "insightful mistake", him taking three weeks to clarify is a little suspect.  He's the only representative of the company that has come out so far to comment on what was or wasn't the plan, so have to rely on that.

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

If you read the quote from Donald, it's pretty clear that they did not plan on an August 1 restart date.  Donald says it was not intended as “a pronouncement that we are coming back on August 1.” One could argue that it was a "insightful mistake" as Donald as said in other interviews, or that it was an intentional miscommunication in order to garner interest and reservations.  If it was an "insightful mistake", him taking three weeks to clarify is a little suspect.  He's the only representative of the company that has come out so far to comment on what was or wasn't the plan, so have to rely on that.

He can say what he wants to say, but they went beyond just making an announcement.  They said they were going to begin limited cruising from 3 ports and then they opened those three ports on the website starting 8/1 and accepted bookings.  They went beyond just saying it, they actually made an effort to open up cruising.

Unless the company is so out of control that one division could say "maybe we can open" and another division would then just take it upon themself to start making booking changes and accepting bookings without permission from the first division, I'd say they actually meant to start cruising in August.. 

8 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

He can say what he wants to say, but they went beyond just making an announcement.  They said they were going to begin limited cruising from 3 ports and then they opened those three ports on the website starting 8/1 and accepted bookings.  They went beyond just saying it, they actually made an effort to open up cruising.

Unless the company is so out of control that one division could say "maybe we can open" and another division would then just take it upon themself to start making booking changes and accepting bookings without permission from the first division, I'd say they actually meant to start cruising in August.. 

You are right.  They did set out that they were going to sail with limited vessels from limited ports and continued to take bookings as of the August 1 date.   Maybe they shouldn't have done that if that was not their intention or "true" plan.  Hindsight is 20/20 and what was good for the company coffers was not necessarily fair to the cruising community.   But now that Donald has come out and said that August 1 was not the plan, then it is what it is.  

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

Seems a bunch of cruises were taken down including quite of few Horizon sailings and a price increase. I was pretty confident that cruises in August was going to happen with how quick things have been opening up over the last month but now not so much

11 minutes ago, tap_out said:

Seems a bunch of cruises were taken down including quite of few Horizon sailings and a price increase. I was pretty confident that cruises in August was going to happen with how quick things have been opening up over the last month but now not so much

I didn’t notice any taken down?  I’ll check again..

mine is still active out of Orlando..

29 minutes ago, skridge said:

I think it is fraudulent what Carnival has done dangling carrots in front of its customers to basically get interest free loans to try and keep the corporation afloat.  

I'm not sure your opinion has a basis in truth.

2 hours ago, wolft927 said:

So did  a mock booking for Glory out of New Orleans for September and the cruises have been removed. Only Cruise available is 5 day on Valor September 17th

I didnt' think NO was ever one of the ports they planned on for August, just Orlando, Miami, and Galveston..

3 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Oh wow, looks like 8/10 out of Miami is the earliest cruise now..

Not sure how that timeframe works as the CDC no sail doesn't expire until July24/25.

It will take about 3-4 weeks after the go ahead to ready a ship for sailing.

Thats according to. Cheng75 who used to work for a cruiseline. Even 1 CEO has stated late 3Q early 4Q seems likely. May have been Del Rio (NCL). If that is indeed the case September/October is realistic.

3 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Not sure how that timeframe works as the CDC no sail doesn't expire until July24/25.

It will take about 3-4 weeks after the go ahead to ready a ship for sailing.

Thats according to. Cheng75 who used to work for a cruiseline. Even 1 CEO has stated late 3Q early 4Q seems likely. May have been Del Rio (NCL). If that is indeed the case September/October is realistic.

I'm just looking at whats' available to book on carnival.com

3 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

I'm just looking at whats' available to book on carnival.com

It's no secret cruiselines are going to keep taking people's money as long as they can.

Then take another 90 days to credit when cancellation happen.

Then come back and complain. Time for pax to wake up and smell the coffee. 

1 minute ago, beerman2 said:

It's no secret cruiselines are going to keep taking people's money as long as they can.

Then take another 90 days to credit when cancellation happen.

Then come back and complain. Time for pax to wake up and smell the coffee. 

What is your rationale for saying it takes 3-4 weeks after the no sail order is lifted?

9 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

What is your rationale for saying it takes 3-4 weeks after the no sail order is lifted?

The rationale comes from  CC member Cheng75, who is a chief engineer in the shipping industry. He was employed by a cruiseline at one time.

He has a wealth of knowledge on how the cruiselines operate.

11 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

The rationale comes from  CC member Cheng75, who is a chief engineer in the shipping industry. He was employed by a cruiseline at one time.

He has a wealth of knowledge on how the cruiselines operate.

I have read that it takes a few weeks to get the ships up and running after they’ve been in their semi shut down state.

It doesn’t make sense to me that they would just sit around and wait for the day the order ends to start readying their ships.  Provided everything is looking good towards the middle of July, why wouldn’t they be readying the ships in the weeks leading up to the end of the order?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

I have read that it takes a few weeks to get the ships up and running after they’ve been in their semi shut down state.

It doesn’t make sense to me that they would just sit around and wait for the day the order ends to start readying their ships.  Provided everything is looking good towards the middle of July, why wouldn’t they be readying the ships in the weeks leading up to the end of the order?

because that bleeds money