It's June 1st, 2 months until Carnival sail again on Aug 1st...

NavyCruiser

7 hours ago, harkinmr said:

According to Donald the announcement was more meant to note that additional voyages had been canceled. “It wasn’t a pronouncement that we were going to come back August 1,” he said.

As the scientific world is gathering more and more information about COVID-19, Donald is reluctant to put a specific date on when the cruise lines will resume operations. When asked about the official return date Donald said: “The world is going to tell us.” He continued: “Destinations are going to open when they decide to open. It’s not going to be us telling them. The things that are going to drive that is the citizens’ relative appetite for risk and the extent to which they’ve experience COVID-19. … We’ll just have to see where it goes, but the destinations are going to rule the day.”

According to Donald there should be more clarity in the next six to eight weeks, until then “I don’t know when we’ll sail again,” he said.

http://www.cruisetotravel.com/2020/06/01/carnival-corp-ceo-arnold-donald-calls-august-1-return-announcement-insightful-mistake/

None of that says it will not happen

As far as I am concerned, All systems go for my Cruise in September on the Horizon.

What has transpired over the past 3 months will not be what happens 3 months from now.

Normalcy is coming  back and evolving rapidly.

Confirmed all my reservations this week.

So looking forward to the Trike ride in Aruba.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

He can’t affirm something not in his control.  Why would they publish a plan until the CDC oks it?  Your biased “view” of his statements are just that, your biased view.

NCL published a plan before it has been ok'd.  The point is that an opening 6 weeks from now is looking less likely based on all events taken as a whole.  And Donald saying "I don't know when we'll sail again" is pretty straightforward to me.  But your biased view is just that...your biased view.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

NCL published a plan before it has been ok'd.  The point is that an opening 6 weeks from now is looking less likely based on all events taken as a whole.  And Donald saying "I don't know when we'll sail again" is pretty straightforward to me.  But your biased view is just that...your biased view.

LOL, when we start retorting with he same line used before, I guess someone has run out of things to say.  I will move on now.

3 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

It seems like there's a new poster on this subject every week that says the same thing and it appears that most don't want cruising to return now or ever.

Sometimes new posters are old posters.....

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 4

No one here has said that that cruising is definitely starting on August 1st and one of the people that was quoted has been pessimistic on an early restart. The problem is that there are posters that no matter what don't want cruising to resume so they use any information they can get to further that agenda.  

Edited by regoodwinjr
  • Like 1

There will always be people who look for the worst in any situation.  Some people see the cup as half empty and want everyone else to see it that way so they won't be alone in their misery.

Anyway,  I'm excited about my cruise out of Galveston in September.  The more time that goes by, the more I believe that it will actually happen.  I feel better about it than I did a month ago.  A lot can happen in three months.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3

I don’t mind real conversations and discussions. But some come in here and say “you are not sailing” like they have all the answers. My opinion is I think carnival will sail in August especially here in Texas. Will it be August 1st. Not sure. Everything about this pandemic is fluid. WHO and CDC don’t even have the answers. Let’s have real discourse without belittling people for their opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 5

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Arnold Donald may be the mouthpiece for Carnival Corp, but Christine Duffy would be the one who would likely know more details about any return to service.

I assume you know Arnold Donald is higher on the food chain than Christine Duffy. 

59 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I assume you know Arnold Donald is higher on the food chain than Christine Duffy. 

Quite aware and also know that he doesn't micromanage. It's not his job and is below his pay grade.

5 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Quite aware and also know that he doesn't micromanage. It's not his job and is below his pay grade.

So you think the CEO of a corporation that generates the majority of its revenue from ships cruising is not involved in the process of returning cruise lines under the Carnival umbrella to operations when they are all currently shut down?

Edited by PhillyFan33579
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

So you think the CEO of a corporation that generates the majority of its revenue from ships cruising is not involved in the process of returning cruise lines under the Carnival umbrella to operations when they are all currently shut down?

I think he is in the process of making sure the corporation doesn't run out of money, that corporate lawsuits are dealt with, public relations. You know, corporate stuff. He is not someone who came up through the ranks and he doesn't know the business from the ground up. He is not stupid.

Of course he would get executive summaries and briefings when requested, but his view would be from the 50,000 foot level. He should have some input on significant capital expenditures.

No, I don't think he picked Aug 1 for Carnival to start or for the other cruise lines to postpone cruises beyond that. The individual cruise lines are separate businesses, run as such, each with their own budgets and ROI expectations. How they accomplish that is left up to them.

May 21:  more than 70 days before cruising starts Aug 1 in Galveston:

https://www.galvnews.com/news/free/article_24d0c42e-c60b-5a80-aadc-74d03458ab15.html

A few quotes:

- Hotels and vacation rentals are booked and many thousands of people are headed this way.

- On a Wednesday afternoon, beach crowds already looked like those of normal summer days, Galveston Island Beach Patrol Chief Peter Davis said.

“We’re pretty much open for business as usual,” Davis said.

- Hotel operators expect to be fully booked this weekend, said Willis Gandhi, president of the Galveston Hotel & Lodging Association. 

- Restaurant operators expect to be busy, too, especially with state restrictions easing slightly this weekend. Starting today, restaurants can increase their seating capacity to 50 percent from 25 percent.  (Update:  capacity to increase to 75% June 12)

- The return of tourists is vital to the island’s economy. In 2018, the $1.2 billion tourism industry drew 7.2 million people and accounted for about 9,000 island jobs, according to Galveston Park Board of Trustees data.

It looks better everyday since...

• Like 2

Highly unlikely for August. 

Although Carnival Cruise Line announced last month that they’d begin sailing on a limited number of ships starting August 1, the company now says that was a mistake. 

June 11th Article located @:

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-ceo-admits-i-dont-know-when-well-sail-again/

✌️

Edited by ObstructedView2

3 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Although Carnival Cruise Line announced last month that they’d begin sailing on a limited number of ships starting August 1, the company now says that was a mistake. 

✌️

I wouldnt say that. They always cancel a month or so, then the company line is always they plan to cruise on whatever the next date is.

The idk is just that. They dont know. But as they have cancelled what 4 times? And each time said they plan to cruise on whatever the next date is ... that's not saying we made a mistake.?. Wish people would stick to facts, not their opinion of what someone said. Facts are sure hard to come by on this board.

8 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

✌️

Time out.. It wasn't a miscommunication as stated in the article.  They said it, but they gave a detailed plan of which ships would sail, and then they cancelled all other cruises other than those 3 ports.  

They absolutely planned on sailing again in August.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObstructedView2 said:

✌️

Nothing like taking things out of context. It depends on the CDC and consumer demand. Consumer demand is there. Aug 1 is certainly still possible.

Texas:  Phase 3 Reopening Continues Friday (Today) With Restaurants at 75% Capacity...

Fisherman's Wharf Seafood Grill & Willie G's Seafood & Steaks restaurants, 100 yards away from Carnival's Galveston cruise port, are now open at 75% capacity as of today.

Another small step towards full opening soon.

It'll be disappointing to be sitting in one of those restaurants 50 days from today, on Aug 1, opened at full capacity, & if Carnival is not sailing by then.... 

Edited by NavyCruiser
  • Like 1

My wife & I were discussing last night a 'what if' our Sept. 13 cruise out of Galveston gets cancelled, we will rebook of course, but on Sept. 13 drive on down to Galveston anyway. It's one of our favorite places to go and relax. It's really a fun town to explore. Lots of history in Galveston, which we love. Oh and of course there's always the beach, which we rarely see being way up here close to the Red River. 

• Like 1