It's June 1st, 2 months until Carnival sail again on Aug 1st...

NavyCruiser

12 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

What I don't understand coming from Europe is how can places like universal & Disney world open when they have 10,000's coming through the doors with lots of kids who don't social distancing yet they can't get a cruise ship going anywhere?

Possibly because isolated incidents, if any, have not been publicized or caused mass outbreaks to happen linked to theme parks such as the ones you see with the Diamond Princess and Grand Princess. With that said, we have been experiencing record breaking new cases daily in Florida but some regions in the state pretty much no longer wear masks or social distance.

The cruise industry hasn’t been that popular in the eye of the general public recently. I don’t have the same concerns visiting the theme parks in Orlando as I would for a cruise at this point.

Edited by xDisconnections

An amusement park is literally the last place I would visit now. Unless they are sanitizing every single ride after every single person rides it, it will be a huge risk.  The thing they have going for them is that anyone who catches the virus at the park is long gone by the time they have severe symptoms.

I will take a cruise ship any day over an amusement park as far as risk.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

An amusement park is literally the last place I would visit now. Unless they are sanitizing every single ride after every single person rides it, it will be a huge risk.  The thing they have going for them is that anyone who catches the virus at the park is long gone by the time they have severe symptoms.

I would imagine a cruise ship will be one of the most sanitized places you can be after all this. Even before  COVID, you would see crew members constantly cleaning common areas.

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Agreed theme parks are riskier, but a cruise ship you have to be on for 4 + days with people who can pass along the virus to other passengers then you have an outbreak and you have Grand Princess all over again.  I just don't think people are fully thinking through the implications of another outbreak on cruise ship.  People seem to be so blinded by the need to get out of the house they will convince themselves of anything and are willing to forget something that happened just over 3 months ago.  If you look at the numbers in Texas, Florida, South Carolina, and California they are going up with hospitalizations going up.  It is not a great time to be on a big boat with  a bunch of people coming from states where the numbers are trending sharply upward.

• Like 5

John Heald posted over the weekend that Carnival has instituted capacity controls on upcoming sailings and once capacity is reached the cruise is removed from the website.  He could not say what the lessened capacity for ships is.

So now I'm curious what type of capacity they're instituting.  I'm scheduled for Sept 12th on Panorama and I definitely would not mind a not so full ship.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, figmentfreak said:

So now I'm curious what type of capacity they're instituting....

I would guess 50 - 60% capacity.

Not enough for them to be profitable, but enough to maybe break even & stop the massive cash outflows...

6 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Trying to figure out how delete my picture 

again sorry 

I'm not sure you can delete it.  But the meat of the e-mail is important.  The cruise in question, the 8/09 Magic sailing, was pulled from the website for future bookings because capacity was reached, according to a Carnival pvp.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I'm not sure you can delete it.  But the meat of the e-mail is important.  The cruise in question, the 8/09 Magic sailing, was pulled from the website for future bookings because capacity was reached, according to a Carnival pvp.

It sure is. It verifies that once the capacity is reached, all offerings are eliminated. That's important. Thanks helene & bmas.

• Like 1

I live in Orlando FL, 50 mins from Port Canaveral,10-15 mins from all the 3 major team parks and they will not see me until next years 2021.We are starting to have a major uptick here in Orlando. Good Luck !!

Here's my view with a daughter working as a Charge Nurse on the Covid unit and a son as a FEMA senior staffer. We're eventually ALL getting it. If we're not high risk we're fighting it off. Our daughter has absolutely been exposed on the job. And while she has not contracted the disease, she wouldn't visit her 80+ grandparents for anything. That said, she's careful and lives her life.

We have the same view about cruising. We're plenty careful in life but I'll be darned if I'm going to sacrifice literally years waiting for 'no risk perfection'. God only gives me so many anyways. We're young and healthy enough to beat it. See you on our September 5-day. Oh, and if CDC pulls the plug we'll live. 14 day Glory awaits after Thanksgiving. 

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 5

It's mid June & Carnival site says:

YOUR CRUISE STARTS IN 67 DAYS!

BOARDING PASS & Luggage tags printed

Port Of Galveston, Tx

CARNIVAL DREAM August 22, 2020 

Online Check-in 

Name:  ______

Stateroom  _____  (DECK 😎 Muster Station B3 

IMPORTANT INFORMATION • • Please arrive promptly to your Arrival Appointment to minimize your wait time in line. All guests must be on board for Final Boarding time or they will not be permitted to sail.

VIFP #: ___________

Platinum PRIORITY

IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS • • You must print your boarding pass and present a government-issued picture ID (applicable to all guests 16 years and older) Additionally, citizenship documents (including any necessary visas) will be needed at embarkation.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CentralNY1 said:

Interesting that no Carnival ships appear on the CDC table yet.  It keeps getting stated that Carnival is waiting on the CDC for guidance but this seems to show that the CDC is awaiting plans from the cruiselines.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

It is very discouraging to see no Carnival ships even LISTED here...  

3 minutes ago, Moonstruck705 said:

I guess technically they do not intend to sail in/from US waters during the No Sail Order but its certainly discouraging to see other cruiselines/ships have already achieved green or provisionally green status.

36 minutes ago, CentralNY1 said:

I guess technically they do not intend to sail in/from US waters during the No Sail Order but its certainly discouraging to see other cruiselines/ships have already achieved green or provisionally green status.

It is only showing cruise lines that have requested using US ports to disembark crew during the no sail order and Carnival made other arrangements for their crews.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Moonstruck705 said:

That is for cruise lines that want to send crew home from the US via commercial carriers. Other options included chartered flights. Carnival used their ships to send bunches home.

• Like 3

Sorry,  I have a feeling that they would extend the cancellations throughout the Fall, maybe in November........... Removing cruises from the schedules because of "capacity: could be the case, but everyday someone cancels their cruise..