All Concierge Lounges now closed to Diamond Plus?

10 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

New ENHANCED benefits don’t think so more like here’s what left of your benefits. 

It makes me laugh when previous benefits are removed and Royal call them Enhancement to your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Doesn’t matter what the signage is SL or CL D+ are kicked out. Only lounge now is over crowded DL. 

Exactly.  On some ships RCI tried to make it look like they were not kicking out D+ from the CL...by installing new SLs, and at the same time... tearing out the CL and not replacing it.  Really strange to see those interior cabins on Freedom and Mariner where the CL used to be.  

Now..being lazy or saving cost...they are just plain kicking the D+ out of the original CLs on smaller ships....without bothering to change the name plate, or changing the D+ perks list.  😕 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

When cruising restarts they will rollout new enhanced benefits for C&A members and eliminating CL access for D+ members will be one of the enhancements.

Umm...they have already done that pre-Covid 19.  

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What is a Diamond Suite Lounge?

Asking for a friend 

Two lounges- one for suite and pinnacle,  other for diamond and diamond plus.  Sorry for the confusion.

We are suite passengers and diamond plus members and have access to both lounges.  Typically we prefer the suite lounge as it has windows and is larger- and light and bright.  Also the snacks are better.  Like we really need the food! lol -- However, sometimes so many Pinnacles in the lounge, we leave it and go to the diamond lounge, which might be less crowded depending upon the time of day.

• Thanks 1

Where is the enjoyment to s in a overcowded space, hence we will see changes there. It's anyway time for the C&A program to see some radical changes espcially when it comes to the lounges.The program as is was designed at the time when there were many less top tier cruises; Diamond and above hence it will need to be amended matching the large numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Perhaps no more diamond lounge and let pinnacles use.  Maybe a night club can be used for diamond members part time

It would make sense to convert the Diamond Lounges into a space only to be used by Pinnacles and for members below to receive additional drink vouchers with emphasis on quality instead of qantity, the wines on offer now in the lounge or as voucher are the cheapest quality. Hence why not offer vouchers as follows for each day of the cruise:

**3x speciality coffee a day (also to be used in dining rooms)

**3x soft drinks or bottled water

**2x Premium Cocktails or glases of wine (Any available option on the drinks menu of the venue)

Of course each of the vouchers can also be used for soft drinks / bottled water instead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LXA350 said:

It would make sense to convert the Diamond Lounges into a space only to be used by Pinnacles and for members below to receive additional drink vouchers with emphasis on quality instead of qantity, the wines on offer now in the lounge or as voucher are the cheapest quality. Hence why not offer vouchers as follows for each day of the cruise:

**3x speciality coffee a day (also to be used in dining rooms)

**3x soft drinks or bottled water

**2x Premium Cocktails or glases of wine (Any available option on the drinks menu of the venue)

Of course each of the vouchers can also be used for soft drinks / bottled water instead.

Pinnacles have use of the SL or CL so why also give them exclusive use of the Diamond Lounge?

If a change is deemed necessary by RC then making the DL into a D+ lounge only would make sense with current Diamonds being compensated by an extra drink each in any bar during cocktail hour plus 1 free speciality coffee any time of day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pinnacles have use of the SL or CL so why also give them exclusive use of the Diamond Lounge?

If a change is deemed necessary by RC then making the DL into a D+ lounge only would make sense with current Diamonds being compensated by an extra drink each in any bar during cocktail hour plus 1 free speciality coffee any time of day.

Would you really feel the same way if you were Diamond? Everyone D and above already get 3 drinks on SeaPass. 

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Would you really feel the same way if you were Diamond? Everyone D and above already get 3 drinks on SeaPass. 

Yes.

Last few cruises we never bothered with the DL and used our free drinks in Boleros,champagne lounge,Chops Grill and Giovanni's.

Edited by grapau27

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I recently turned Diamond, so Yes, this would make perfect sense.

I can't miss access to a lounge I've never had access to in the past.

But wait! There's more,,, you mean since I've turned Diamond I now have free drinks added to my card? How wonderful. Thanks Royal. Now, to get those extra cruises so I can earn access to the D+ Lounge.

Besides, I'm usually in a Suite anyway and the overcrowding in the CL and/or SL by those pompous D+'s are irritating.  🤣

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have not been on that many sailings where there were so many Pinnacles they filled an entire Diamond Lounge.  It is getting ridiculous that some people think they are the only ones that deserve the Lounges,  we all earned our way.  They can grandfather in the already  Diamond and above and then change the program around if they must.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

But wait! There's more,,, you mean since I've turned Diamond I now have free drinks added to my card? How wonderful. Thanks Royal. Now, to get those extra cruises so I can earn access to the D+ Lounge.

Besides, I'm usually in a Suite anyway and the overcrowding in the CL and/or SL by those pompous D+'s are irritating.  🤣

D+ what about P’s?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, LorraineP said:

D+ what about P’s?

P's rule the ship. They can go and do whatever they want.  That many points,,,, go for it.

Never upset a P. Thats like upsetting the cook before they deliver your meal. They make make your day or break your day.

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Maybe it is us but we have never met any pompous or irritating  D+.

If anyone is that way inclined that is their personality regardless of where they are.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

If anyone is that way inclined that is their personality regardless of where they are.

Maybe they meant Suites & not D+ being pompous & irritating. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I guess you missed the 🤣 emoji.  For people older than me (63), that emoji means that what I was saying was said in jest (with humor)

• Like 1