All Concierge Lounges now closed to Diamond Plus?

17 minutes ago, BND said:

No, I think what John and the poster meant is they were saying they had D's+D+'s and they also had Pinns who didn't want to be in the SL.  Just written in a way it doesn't read correctly.

Very possible. Just going by the way it was written. 

A lot of D+ seem to think they should have access to the SL. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

It has been a few years since we have sailed on Celebrity.  As I recall the evening event was much less social than on Royal.  It was held in a fairly large lounge and people stayed pretty much spread out.  We joined others a few times but it was a very different experience.  We have another X booked for 2021 so we will see if it is still the same. 

52 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Only Suite guests and Pins in the SL.

Maybe they meant DL but phone autocorrect changed it to SL.

That’s possible too but what did it say?

i believe the ship was Anthem. Pretty sure it has a DL and CL. Not sure about a SL?

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

5 hours ago, BND said:

I was even talking about before vouchers existed and they literally poured wine out of bottles kept on ice in the card room.  This was like 2010-2013 timeframe.  Our first trip on Anthem, we had friends with us (not D) and so we would spend an hour in the DL and then move to the Schooner bar to meet them.  We had the same waiter every night who also didn't keep track of vouchers and would get me the drink I really wanted which was a malibu and pineapple even though flavored rums aren't on the D list.  He was also tipped well and looked for us every night we came in before dinner.

Yup, pretty close.  We were on EX (twice) for two different nine night cruises in 2014.  Was just after the drink voucher program started.  Bartenders hated it...very glitchy indeed.  

6 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Very possible. Just going by the way it was written. 

A lot of D+ seem to think they should have access to the SL. 

According to list of benefits D+ have access to CL where there is a DL.  By changing the name to SL they imply they are not changing our benefits...no CL for us to visit.   

14 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

According to list of benefits D+ have access to CL where there is a DL.  By changing the name to SL they imply they are not changing our benefits...no CL for us to visit.   

14 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

They definitely need to update the benefit list for D+ but if they do not much left. 

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

I wasn’t aware they changed the name of the CL prior to COVID19???  

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You mean after dry dock?  Some ships have gone through dry dock without changing the name. Serenade is one. 

Freedom and Independence no longer (post Amped) have a CL. Only the SL and DL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure there will be some changes in the future. Regarding the Diamond lounge and it's capacity. Might be some changes to the Suite Lounges too. A lot of Pinnacles have been going to the Diamond lounge (myself included) Royal might refuse them entry to the Diamond Lounge. Which will cause the SL to be more crowded. I believe the days of a full (standing room only) lounge are over. The concierge will have to count those coming and going. 

We will find out Aug 2 on the Harmony. 

On 6/4/2020 at 10:28 AM, twangster said:

At the end of the day they have not (yet) officially stated D+ can't access the CL. 

In other regions beyond North America D+ had CL access right up to the COVID-19 shutdown.  In North America in many (but not all) cases D+ lost access to the CL on their particular sailing.    Some took to social media and this site to declare that Royal changed their policy across the board but that never officially occurred and some ships outside of North America never implemented a ban on D+ in the CL.  

When cruising restarts they will rollout new enhanced benefits for C&A members and eliminating CL access for D+ members will be one of the enhancements.

It’s been a while since we cruised with Royal and we are thinking of booking the Oasis for next year. We cruised on her when she was brand new. At that time D+ could use either Diamond or Concierge Lounges. So, since the Oasis has been upgraded I assume we will still have access to the D Lounge. Is that right?

9 minutes ago, sandancer said:

It’s been a while since we cruised with Royal and we are thinking of booking the Oasis for next year. We cruised on her when she was brand new. At that time D+ could use either Diamond or Concierge Lounges. So, since the Oasis has been upgraded I assume we will still have access to the D Lounge. Is that right?

I think if you check the Oasis, there isn't a CL.  There is now a suite lounge and D+ do not have access.  The last time we sailed on the Oasis, the old CL is now the DL but the services have been reduced to DL service.  No breakfast or lunch service and no drinks at lunch.  This was also an enhancement to your benefits.

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think if you check the Oasis, there isn't a CL.  There is now a suite lounge and D+ do not have access.  The last time we sailed on the Oasis, the old CL is now the DL but the services have been reduced to DL service.  No breakfast or lunch service and no drinks at lunch.  This was also an enhancement to your benefits.

That’s been a while. 

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

When cruising restarts they will rollout new enhanced benefits for C&A members and eliminating CL access for D+ members will be one of the enhancements.

New ENHANCED benefits don’t think so more like here’s what left of your benefits. 

• Like 2

On 6/4/2020 at 5:52 AM, ZiggaZagga17 said:

I'm of a similar belief! .. slightly different in the fact that the D lounges as such won't exist, any lounges will be for Suite guests and Pinnacles and us mere D & D+ will just have a different number of free drinks on our cards daily (maybe all day, maybe usual hours?)

The Diamond lounge on the Oasis class ships, was always separate from the  Diamond Suite lounge.  Only suite guests, grand suite and higher were allowed in suite lounge.  Also Pinnacles.  The lounge was typically crowded.  The Diamond/& Diamond plus, also had three drinks loaded to their card, during the lounge happy hour that could be used at most of the ships bars.