Chair(s) in Mini-suite

JudithLynne

We have booked a Club Class mini suite for an Alaska cruise next year.  Because of an arthritic condition I need a sitting chair that has arms like the Princess barrel chairs.  Can someone tell me if the mini-suites still have, in addition to a sofa, a chair in the sitting area?  I am aware that Princess has removed barrel chairs from standard cabins but I am asking specifically about mini-suites.

I contacted Princess by email some time ago but have not heard back which is understandable given current events.

Thanks for any info…….

3 minutes ago, Chipster2 said:

If a chair is required and not in the cabin , I am certain that a request to your cabin steward or Guest Services will take care of things.

Don't be too sure of that. Ask Holly (hpeabody) how she liked her 49 day cruise around South America with no chair other than the desk chair. She definitely asked for another chair but the request was denied. Many others have asked for barrel chairs and been told there are none available. I've read where some folks have had success but I've seen far more posts from those who were unable to get a second chair.

2 hours ago, antmaril said:

This is a picture of our mini-suite (C410) on the Sky Princess (taken in January).  As you can see, there is no barrel chair.  

ABF8FFFF-D70F-4DF5-A8CA-B5CBA61C38C2.jpegJ

No coffee table, either???

42 minutes ago, jeeper2 said:

No coffee table, either???

I think it’s pushed into the left corner.   This is a picture from the Regal Princess Mini-Suite B414 from January, 2018. 

95B467E0-5DB9-4A84-9DB9-243B2C9ECBE8.jpeg

Edited by antmaril

Royal Princess, November 2019, Mini-Suite, we had both the barrel chair and the mini-coffee table.  (But being the Royal, the "balcony" was about as deep as a bookshelf.)  AntMaril's photo looks about the same as our cabin.

JudithLynne, what ship are you booked on?

Edited by Mike45LC

49 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Royal Princess, November 2019, Mini-Suite, we had both the barrel chair and the mini-coffee table.  (But being the Royal, the "balcony" was about as deep as a bookshelf.)  AntMaril's photo looks about the same as our cabin.

JudithLynne, what ship are you booked on?

See post 7--- Coral Princess.

Theo

Interesting I was on the Coral October 2019, for 15 days; Grand Princess Feb 2020 for 10 days both had a chair... my husband sat in it as we do Room Service every morning for breakfast... I sat on sofa.  Not sure it was a barrel chair... may have been just an up right desk chair.   DH would prefer upright desk chair.   We also had table.  We were in mini suite both cruises

8 hours ago, pris993 said:

Interesting I was on the Coral October 2019, for 15 days; Grand Princess Feb 2020 for 10 days both had a chair... my husband sat in it as we do Room Service every morning for breakfast... I sat on sofa.  Not sure it was a barrel chair... may have been just an up right desk chair.   DH would prefer upright desk chair.   We also had table.  We were in mini suite both cruises

We also had barrel chair in our Coral Mini on March 2020.

We've moved a balcony deck chair into the mini- sitting area in the past.  If the ship doesn't have a barrel chair available perhaps your steward could bring you one of those to avoid having to shift your chair from balcony to room and back throughout the day.  Not a great solution or particularly comfy for long-term seating, but at least it's an option rather than being stranded on the couch.

I really appreciate all of you taking the time to give me this helpful and hopeful information.  I contacted Customer Services by email some time ago but have not heard back. Not surprising with all that is going on with the cruise industry.  I also sent a letter to the Passengers Relations office in Santa Clarita this week.  When and if I hear anything, I will let you know.

We are Elite having completed 23 cruises with Princess……hopefully that will help get a response.

On 6/5/2020 at 1:05 PM, JudithLynne said:

We have booked a Club Class mini suite for an Alaska cruise next year.  Because of an arthritic condition I need a sitting chair that has arms like the Princess barrel chairs.  Can someone tell me if the mini-suites still have, in addition to a sofa, a chair in the sitting area?  I am aware that Princess has removed barrel chairs from standard cabins but I am asking specifically about mini-suites.

I contacted Princess by email some time ago but have not heard back which is understandable given current events.

Thanks for any info…….

Try sending an e-mail along with a doctor's note that for your medical condition you will need a chair in the cabin with sides due to balance issues.  I don't know if it will work but it's worth a try.  Here is the e-mail address for the appropriate office at Princess:  accessofficeprincess@princesscruises.com  

On 6/5/2020 at 1:05 PM, JudithLynne said:

I definitely had a barrel chair in my mini during a Panama Canal cruise on Coral in April of 2019.  There just never seemed to be enough room for me in the chair!

1449082621_BarrellChairOccupants.thumb.JPG.441144278277ef3b795cb34c8b8c7059.JPG

• Haha 1

Since some are reporting that a barrel chair was available in some of the Coral's mini-suites after the dates when I sailed, could it be that it depended on the deck where the mini-suite was?  If so, why?

Daniel A....thank you for the photo....that is so sweet.  I will send a request to the email you posted.

rkacruiser:   I have no idea why some suites are getting the chairs and others aren't.  It makes me hopeful that with both an email and a letter that our reservation will be tagged for a chair, especially for an orthopedic problem.

Mark and I are Elite members of the Captain's Circle having completed 15 cruises....that may help.

1 hour ago, JudithLynne said:

Daniel A....thank you for the photo....that is so sweet.  I will send a request to the email you posted.

rkacruiser:   I have no idea why some suites are getting the chairs and others aren't.  It makes me hopeful that with both an email and a letter that our reservation will be tagged for a chair, especially for an orthopedic problem.

Mark and I are Elite members of the Captain's Circle having completed 15 cruises....that may help.

We were in C728, a minisuite all the way aft on the stern.  The mini had a curved balcony so we had views from port as well as views from the stern...perfect for seeing the Panama Canal experience.

1321151980_SternBalcony.thumb.JPG.a516b340841bd56895faa1083079b07e.JPG

Edited by Daniel A

20 hours ago, Daniel A said:

We were in C728, a minisuite all the way aft on the stern.  The mini had a curved balcony so we had views from port as well as views from the stern...perfect for seeing the Panama Canal experience.

1321151980_SternBalcony.thumb.JPG.a516b340841bd56895faa1083079b07e.JPG

Was there anything that you disliked about that location?  For example, soot from the funnel, vibration from the screws, any type of odd movement, i.e. a cork screw sensation at times, pitching, etc.