Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

4 minutes ago, cruisegirlppp said:

This ⬆️, I also think adding Perfect Day Coco Cay to sailings is not having the appeal they hoped for. 

I don't think an amusement park island has an appeal for Celebrity cruisers. I opted to go to Bimini over Coco Cay. However I would have probably been better off gong to Coco Cay since we have the drink package. I was just afraid that one of those 7000 passenger Royal Caribbean ships would be in port as well. At least I know Bimini will only have one ship.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Attending our last 2 Officer’s Party, whist in the queue, we were told by a few ‘more senior’ people that this was an exclusive event. 
Hope that answers your question!

Wow, that is so tacky.,,I'm sorry some people felt it was their job to be in charge of a line!

50 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Attending our last 2 Officer’s Party, whist in the queue, we were told by a few ‘more senior’ people that this was an exclusive event. 
Hope that answers your question!

As in tier level or age? Of course age has nothing to do with tier level. We have yet to encounter someone expressing their tier level or who's invited to what no matter the event or anytime during our cruises. Celebrity, Princess and Royal Caribbean.

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, cruisegirlppp said:

This ⬆️, I also think adding Perfect Day Coco Cay to sailings is not having the appeal they hoped for. 

Maybe we will see some Power Ups for itineraries that include Coco Cay…

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 9:21 AM, ExArkie said:

Agree that this has been a great way to get higher status at little or no cost. I received 117 points through PUPs, enough to put us over the Elite threshold,  all after my last boarding on a Celebrity ship. We’re going to try out our new status on a 2025 transatlantic (virtually all our cruising is transoceanic). 

I need 3 points to be elite on our TA next year too. Really hoping that they do another 3 point activity soon. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don't think an amusement park island has an appeal for Celebrity cruisers.

I disagree. Different strokes for different folks. No matter the cruise line or the age of the cruisers. Families or empty nesters. 

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don't think an amusement park island has an appeal for Celebrity cruisers. I opted to go to Bimini over Coco Cay. However I would have probably been better off gong to Coco Cay since we have the drink package. I was just afraid that one of those 7000 passenger Royal Caribbean ships would be in port as well. At least I know Bimini will only have one ship.

I was just at CocoCay last week on Reflection (with Symphony OTS as the other ship). The Hideaway Beach area was perfect with no amusement park feel to it. Adults only, and didn’t feel overly crowded at all. A bit of a party vibe in the pool bar area w/ the DJ, but not as much on the beach. YMMV.

Edited by GimmeOcean
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, islandwoman said:

Don't you also have to pay double, or nearly? 

Not always I seem to find good prices most times depending on itinerary and sail date. You do get 2x the points but always check as they can miss it. I found 3 cruises where they messed up and had 120 points added. 

I couldn't care less about the loyalty category.  I'm only interested in perks.  I'm Diamond on Carnival and it's pretty worthless.  BUT, I got to status-match to MSC and Virgin, which gave me some perks I liked.  I like HAL's program.  I'm close to 4* and appreciate the discount on wine packages, specialty dining, laundry, and a couple of other things.  There are tangible benefits.  But the # of stars or the color of anyone's card doesn't impress me and if that matters to others, those probably aren't the people I want to get to know on my cruise.

Anyway, back to PUPs, I'm already booked on Reflection, but it's 11/4, so I'll miss out on the extra points.

57 minutes ago, ewespinme said:

I need 3 points to be elite on our TA next year too. Really hoping that they do another 3 point activity soon. 

I see that you live in Florida.  You could just drive to one of these short cruises and make Elite the fun way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GimmeOcean said:

I was just at CocoCay last week on Reflection (with Symphony OTS as the other ship). The Hideaway Beach area was perfect with no amusement park feel to it. Adults only, and didn’t feel overly crowded at all. A bit of a party vibe in the pool bar area w/ the DJ, but not as much on the beach. YMMV.

That's good to know. Thank you. I would be more interested in the beach area anyway. I hang around the community pool at home. Does this beach area have a swim up bar? They had one at Labadee the last time we were there with Royal Caribbean.

Edited by Iamcruzin

That's good to know. Thank you. I would be more interested in the beach area anyway. I hang around the community pool at home. Does this beach area have a swim up bar? They had one at Labadee the last time we were there with Royal Caribbean.

Yes its quite a large swim up bar on the middle of a lagoon shaped pool. I took my Grandson last August spent the day at the Waterpark. He loved it 

I believe there are 2 swim up bars, one in the main Oasis Lagoon pool and one in the Hideaway Beach area pool (Hideaway Beach is an extra cost adults only area). South Beach area is supposed to have a floating bar but I haven’t been to that  side of the island.

On 8/28/2024 at 9:46 PM, bikerunner said:

Sigh what a rip off, How am I supposed to sit at home and gain points for free.  I want to get to zenith and never cruise on celebrity.  The horror of Celebrity making me spend money to gain points, just do not think this is fair at all.  

Oh, the humanity!!!  😏

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's what I try to tell my wife but she isn't buying it. I'm retired while she still works.  If she can't go then I can't go.

Yeah, those Single Supplements will kill you.  Actually, no – they won't – but your wife will when you get home from the single cruise!!!

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

Not for me, that's for sure!  I want to get to REAL places.

• Haha 1

It's good to know PUP's are still being offered. But, that offer is of no use to me, and many others from across the pond, as the travel is only worth it for a much longer cruise. But then, I didn't receive the promo email, so maybe only in North America??

I always follow this thread in the hope of gaining a few more points so am happy it is being kept on the first couple of pages of the forum 😊 

7 minutes ago, laslomas said:

It's good to know PUP's are still being offered. But, that offer is of no use to me, and many others from across the pond, as the travel is only worth it for a much longer cruise. But then, I didn't receive the promo email, so maybe only in North America??

I always follow this thread in the hope of gaining a few more points so am happy it is being kept on the first couple of pages of the forum 😊 

Whilst now I am retired we do tend to opt for longer cruises we have over the years had a few shorter ones but simply attached them to bigger holidays to make it worthwhile hopping the pond. We have on many occasions spent time in Orlando or headed to the Keys before getting on a shorter cruise. On a few occasions we have spent time on the Gulf Coast before cruising. Remember you can also join these cruises as B2B. We once did a 3 night/4 night B2B (our best cruise bargain ever)…

I think one of the big mistakes many UK residents make is to dismiss Florida as the home of Mickey Mouse and a port to catch a cruise to the Caribbean. It is a real friendly, beautiful part of the USA in its own right…

We are E+ but unlikely to ever get to Pinnacle as cruising is only one of the types of holiday we enjoy…

19 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I cared about getting to Zenith.  Free premium liquor, free premium wifi, free laundry.  Those are fantastic perks. And we're not all snobs and have nothing against the Pinnacles. What we are upset about is the signicantly lesser perks we get if we sail Royal compared to what they get. Example- we get 6 free drinks (water, pop, alcohol) they get unlimited premium drnk package. Fair? Hardly.

But it's the same as what they get when they sail on Royal. There's no better offer. So yes it is fair. You're not getting less than they do for those elements when sailing on Royal.

15 hours ago, GimmeOcean said:

I believe there are 2 swim up bars, one in the main Oasis Lagoon pool and one in the Hideaway Beach area pool (Hideaway Beach is an extra cost adults only area). South Beach area is supposed to have a floating bar but I haven’t been to that  side of the island.

I forgot about all of the extra costs at Coco Cay. I guess I made the right choice choosing Bimini. 

15 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Yes its quite a large swim up bar on the middle of a lagoon shaped pool. I took my Grandson last August spent the day at the Waterpark. He loved it 

I wouldn't use the pool. I do that at home. I was interested in the beach area and a swim up bar in the water. They had that on Labadee Royal's other island.